Trades are back! (In a limited way)

Get help and give out your ideas for improvement.
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Trades are back! (In a limited way)

Post by Rosehill »

Trades are back online!

For the moment they aren't operational the way they used to be, though. But for the minimal purposes of being able to trade, at least in any quality, trades are back.

Here is what is important to note about trades:
  • You can only add creatures that are in your Main tab
  • The trade's visual outlook hasn't been finalized, so the trades may look a bit funny on occasion
  • Mobile view of the trades hasn't been finalized, so trades may look weird on mobile devices
  • Trade timestamps aren't currently shown
If you encounter any funny business with your trades, please let me know asap, and I'll look into it.

Oct 26th: Trades are currently disabled again. They'll be back up some time during October 27th if things go well.
October 27th: Trades are enabled again
Last edited by Rosehill on October 27th, 2023, 3:40:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updated trade status to be enabled again
Syndicate
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Re: Trades are back! (In a limited way)

Post by Syndicate »

Whooop! Nice work, thanks Rosehill. :angel:

Currently we can't start a new trade directly from the trade page?
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rosehill »

Syndicate wrote: October 25th, 2023, 5:10:47 am Whooop! Nice work, thanks Rosehill. :angel:

Currently we can't start a new trade directly from the trade page?
Oh, yeah, I didn't yet enable that!

I'll work more on the trades later today, so I will enable starting new trades from the trade page then as well! ^_^
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

You're the best, thank you for working hard on this!

Haven't initiated/received any trades so far, but I've at least been able to get in and view them. Things seem to be in all the right spots from what I can tell. They've certainly been updated since I was here last, but nothing looks hinky to me.
Be kind.
ImageImageImageImage
Formerly MadameRed - same grumpy soul, new and improved theft!
15th Magiversary Free Raffle!
MothballMilkshake
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by MothballMilkshake »

Do we know when we might be able to trade from tabs not the main tab? :) I only ask because I collect frozen eggs for Enchanted and put them in temporary folders because there's a lot
ImageImage My babies thank you
ImageImageImage
Member of the Watershop. Shop price+300, I can get you your creatures! Creatures for sale in my extra and SALE tabs, PM me
Rosehill
Coder
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rosehill »

MothballMilkshake wrote: October 25th, 2023, 7:24:57 pm Do we know when we might be able to trade from tabs not the main tab? :) I only ask because I collect frozen eggs for Enchanted and put them in temporary folders because there's a lot
Well... Not any time soon I'm afraid. D: I need to look into if it's the re-enabled trades that are causing the lag right now, and if so, trades will need to be temporarily disabled again until a bigger overhaul has been done on them. A bigger overhaul on the trades is needed in any case, and probably the very basic mechanics of trades will need to be redone. With that trading from other tabs than the main tab will also be enabled. But this will take some time still.
Syth
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Syth »

What do you predict might be the time table for how long it would take to do the overhaul to return trades back to full capacity? Also, I noticed that you can't pick up codes from other tabs currently either when you try to get codes for creatures in groups rather than individually. Any time table for that?
Beware of dragons for you are small & tasty.I Pledge Allegiance to the Lamb
Love maybe love, but there's no excuse for the ignorance.
RIP HiddenMystic, you will be missed.

ImageImageImageImageImage
Thanks for clicking! 0/25 gifts thank you!

ImageImageImageImage

Shop
Raffle
Wishlist
Rosehill
Coder
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rosehill »

Syth wrote: October 26th, 2023, 6:54:54 am What do you predict might be the time table for how long it would take to do the overhaul to return trades back to full capacity? Also, I noticed that you can't pick up codes from other tabs currently either when you try to get codes for creatures in groups rather than individually. Any time table for that?
Nothing definite on the trades. It will be quite a big undertaking. The rest of this year is dedicated on making all the old things work again in a prioritized order, and trades are at the top of that list, so in any case they'll be the first one to be made working again.

The embed multiple from othe than the main tab is also on the list of things to still fix, but lower in priority.

Both issues, along with all the other issues still not fixed, are such that there are some more complex technical troubles behind them which is why it'll take a little longer to get them working again, because there is no clear single or simple thing to change or fix to get them working again. :sweat:
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

Just curious, but how hard would it be to turn trades back OFF?

Before the event started, everything was working pretty well. But as soon as the event started, things went to hell in a handcart. If for this ONE event folk could be limited to strictly the gifting function, maybe we can get thru the event without any other major hassles. Or is gifting the culprit, and not trading?

I've gifted enough to get the badge, and I'm not even attempting to gift any furthur due to the lag. If the lag would go away, I'd keep gifting.. and hatching more creatures to gift at a later time.

I can live without trading until Rose has time to do the 'major overhaul' she says it needs. I've prioritized working on Achievements until everything is back up completely. And if she's still working on it when I finish all the new achievements, I'll start breeding stuff again on a small scale. But I'd much rather have a fast site with limited function, than a lagging site that destroys my enjoyment of a holiday.
I am in the process of moving house, so I will not be around much for the foreseeable future.
Yeji
CreaturesTrade

Post by Yeji »

are trades down again?

Return to “Support and Suggestions”