Tabletop RPG Guild (5e, etc)

The place to converse with other members of a guild or club.
PhoenixSolblade
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Re: Tabletop RPG Guild (5e, etc)

Post by PhoenixSolblade »

Hah, M3-AT. I love them already. :t-xD:
ImageImageImageImageImage The gathering of small phoenixes approaches you! They seem to be beckoning you to a nearby hatchery/hatchling daycare. Their multicolored flames mingle prettily as they fly around your head, enticing you to stick around for a while. ImageImageImageImage
Thank you to all my gifters! :t-swoon:
faedemon
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by faedemon »

one system i'm really itching to play is THIS MACHINE HAS MEAT IN IT. the rulebook is so aesthetically interesting, visually, and the system itself seems SO fun and malleable—it could make for great oneshots or an interesting longer game, depending on player preference. i'm really intrigued by it
Image hey. looking for gender swaps.
Icethornstar
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Icethornstar »

Hi Paleo!!! I don't think we ever super interacted directly but I remember you from back in the day!!

I've heard so many good things about PF1e, what was fun about the polearm fighter? And your PTU character sounds SO SWEET... I hope he had good things happen to him because he deserves it. What other pokemon were on his team?
I love PTU for making you obsessed with pokemon you wouldn't have given a second glance at before! I feel the same way with chinchou now haha.
PhoenixSolblade wrote: October 27th, 2023, 8:27:43 pm One fun thing about our campaign is that it was happening alongside another campaign of the same region but a couple hundred years in the future, with the way that we would be interacting unknown :t-O_O:
This is so cool??? How did that work?
faedemon wrote: October 29th, 2023, 9:46:40 am one system i'm really itching to play is THIS MACHINE HAS MEAT IN IT. the rulebook is so aesthetically interesting, visually, and the system itself seems SO fun and malleable—it could make for great oneshots or an interesting longer game, depending on player preference. i'm really intrigued by it
this looks so sick and i totally feel like my group would wanna play! how did you find out about it?
I can't wait to hear more about what's happening with vik'tree whenever yall have a session! are they in a weekly campaign?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
PhoenixSolblade
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

The campaign happened in Discord so there were separate voice channels and text channels for the different campaigns, we can't see what's going on in a lot of their text channels so we only have a vague idea of what they're up to
ImageImageImageImageImage The gathering of small phoenixes approaches you! They seem to be beckoning you to a nearby hatchery/hatchling daycare. Their multicolored flames mingle prettily as they fly around your head, enticing you to stick around for a while. ImageImageImageImage
PaleoMage
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by PaleoMage »

Sorry for vanishing, it's been a busy weekend
faedemon wrote: October 27th, 2023, 11:45:42 pmyour character evan sounds so delightful Paleo!! i'm a big sucker for rivals like silver, so i'd love to hear more about evan. also ahh having a pokemon on your team is always a fun way to find a new appreciation for pokemon. skorupi is a sweet little guy. and has a great shiny!
That reminds me, shiny Skorupi has been a holy grail of mine since the PTU run, but I haven't had a lot of great opportunities to try for one, and it hasn't shown up when I did. :lol:
As for Evan... It's hard to pick a best moment(s) or anything because my memory's spotty and also because it was a really good campaign overall. Basically everybody achieved really well-rounded and human characters. I'm actually going back through the roll20 chat logs now and it's giving me too many good things to post about. :haha: I'll get something out eventually.
Icethornstar wrote: October 29th, 2023, 10:46:55 am Hi Paleo!!! I don't think we ever super interacted directly but I remember you from back in the day!!

I've heard so many good things about PF1e, what was fun about the polearm fighter? And your PTU character sounds SO SWEET... I hope he had good things happen to him because he deserves it. What other pokemon were on his team?
I love PTU for making you obsessed with pokemon you wouldn't have given a second glance at before! I feel the same way with chinchou now haha.
Heyyy same! I think!
Yeah, I forget the specifics of his build, but the fighter (Amaro) had the fun gimmick of combining increased reach with cleave (hit multiple enemies who are in range of each other/you in the same turn) to be able to get fun chain attacks more often. I think I'd given him a bardiche, specifically, which is a weird axe-bladed polearm and had... some kind of statistical niche in the game that made it preferable to the others, haha.

So Evan also had a Noivern, a Crobat and three fakemons, because some mad lad(s) out there made a PTU supplement for the romhack Pokemon Sage. The fakemons are Koberus, Mortasque and Sanguito. Koberus is only even *partly* purple if you squint, now that I'm looking at it. Aaand good things did come Evan's way, but that will have to wait for when I can make a concise summary. :crazy:

Man, Chinchou is a fun little guy but I always forget it exists. What happened that made it special to you?
PhoenixSolblade wrote: October 29th, 2023, 12:56:50 pm The campaign happened in Discord so there were separate voice channels and text channels for the different campaigns, we can't see what's going on in a lot of their text channels so we only have a vague idea of what they're up to
Ohhh that's crazy. That's got to be a logistical nightmare for the GM(s?) lol
ImageImageImageImageImage
Sale Tab | Free Tab
Always buying Ambula bats at 300g each!
faedemon
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by faedemon »

Icethornstar wrote: October 29th, 2023, 10:46:55 am this looks so sick and i totally feel like my group would wanna play! how did you find out about it?
I can't wait to hear more about what's happening with vik'tree whenever yall have a session! are they in a weekly campaign?
i've bought a few of those itch.io game bundles that have gone around, and a lot of indie ttrpg developers included their games in those bundles! TMHMII was one of those, and i found it while perusing the bundle for stuff i was interested in. i cannot WAIT to find a group of players to play it with

vik'tree is in a weekly campaign! the first one i've ever played that has actually stuck it out longer than the first few sessions, lol. we play on sundays, but unfortunately i couldn't attend yesterday's session because i was hosting a friend from out of state. a fun weekend to be sure, but i'm disappointed i missed out—the party bought a car while i wasn't there?! i don't know all the details yet because the notes i got were barebones, but i'm going to hang out with my DM later this week so i'm going to badger him for details

PaleoMage wrote: October 30th, 2023, 2:58:14 am So Evan also had a Noivern, a Crobat and three fakemons, because some mad lad(s) out there made a PTU supplement for the romhack Pokemon Sage. The fakemons are Koberus, Mortasque and Sanguito. Koberus is only even *partly* purple if you squint, now that I'm looking at it. Aaand good things did come Evan's way, but that will have to wait for when I can make a concise summary. :crazy:

Man, Chinchou is a fun little guy but I always forget it exists. What happened that made it special to you?
i'm not familiar with the romhack, but noivern, crobat, and drapion are such perfect team members for a character like evan. so fun. it makes me want to put together hypothetical pokemon teams for various characters, lol

chinchou is a great pokemon!! so cute. i have a few obscure favorites of my own—i'm really fond of gorebyss and huntail; they're such goofy-looking pokemon.

PhoenixSolblade wrote: October 29th, 2023, 12:56:50 pm The campaign happened in Discord so there were separate voice channels and text channels for the different campaigns, we can't see what's going on in a lot of their text channels so we only have a vague idea of what they're up to
that's really cool, Phoenix!! i prefer playing in person, but the malleability of online play is SO cool. i'd be interested to hear more details about how those campaigns went if you want to share!
PhoenixSolblade
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Discord is a neat way to do a campaign cuz you can put references and artwork and things in different channels to keep em all organized, we started off doing the campaigns in voice chat but shifted over to doing it over in the text channels. It was nice to be able to read back on the things that happened previously since it is easy to forget what yall were doing last time if its been weeks since you last played lol.

We also had a d20 bot that could roll dice for us and do useful things like that. I do like to physically roll the dice that I have, but at the time I didn't have a whole lot of space so no good surface to do that on :t-bucktooth:
faedemon
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by faedemon »

avoiding responsibilities and instead doodling my characters :yarly:
Spoiler
as a GM i usually find it pretty easy to swap roles into different characters, because i view them more as set pieces, but as a player i find it really hard to get into character; i tend to just talk and act like myself. so it's been fun trying to come up with motivations for vik'tree, make them less like me, and get into their head while playing! a little challenge

do any of you guys have a similar difficulty or is playing a character easy for you?
PhoenixSolblade
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

I really ...hic... like getting into diffferent headshpacesh of charractersh, I tend to do it whenevver I'm playing any kind off RPG, noot jushtt tablettop. It'sh a big parrt of de funn of role-playing gamesh for me :roll:

I ushed to have ...hic... aa lot of twouble widd chooshing eevil optionsh in RPGshh and haad to pushh drough de avershion *giggleesnort*. I dink dat helpeed me wid ...hic... being able too make ...hic... chaaractersh dat do dingsh ddaat I wouldn't do..

But iit'sh ...hic... sho great dat ...hic... you're able to drraw your charactersh faedemon,, dat ...hic... musht help you connecct even more tto ddem! ^.^
faedemon
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by faedemon »

being able to visualize them does help get a feel for who they are outside of me! and it's fun to draw moments from sessions :>

Return to “Guilds Quarter”