Goldmining is causing the lag, and must stop

Learn about the latest updates here.
Pounces
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Re: Goldmining is causing the lag, and must stop

Post by Pounces »

Roshehill wrote:October 27th, 2023, 3:33:20 am De gifting doeshhn't really usshe dat mmuch reshourcessh to caushe lag, but of coourshe a bbig increashe in overall twaffiic miight shlow dde page down. It shhhouldn't make dde shite completelly inacceshible ...hic... and ash laggy ash it haash beeen, doough. :shwweat: ...hic...

I have now donee shhome changesh behind ...hic... de shcenesh, and ...hic... at leaasht for now dee ...hic... sshite sheemssh to be runnning really shmoodly. Shiince we're hittiingg de hoursh dat dere'sh lleesh twaffic on de ...hic... shite anywaysh, I'll keeep monittoring de shhituation later on when de ...hic... regular shpike in lagg hash ushuallly ...hic... sshtarted to shee if de chaanngesh are helping.
Dank you for keeping shuch a closhe ...hic... on dingsh! :) Sho faar itsh been ...hic... very good, but dere'sh a couple hoursh until itsh de time dat de ...hic... lag haash really shlammed de shite for de ...hic... passht two daysh.

Crosshing my fingersh dat today ish better, aand gettinng my clicksh in now at IFNN while itsh shhtilll going shmoodly! ::eviil: ...hic... &ltt;;3

edit: omg, that's hilarious! Forgive my slurring, I just altered one of the Mawdracon - buahaha
<3 Thank you so much for all the amazing gifts! <3
I love each and everyone of them so much!
┍━━━━━»•» ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ 🌺 ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ «•«━┑
<3 We love clicks too! Please help us grow <3
ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ
Image ImageImage

ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ
ImageImageImageImage
┕━»•» ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ 🌺 ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ «•«━━━━━┙
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

Things have been more or less smooth for me, yesterday and so far today. Lag is still present, but I've not received any more 502 errors and I haven't been logged out again.

Much improved! Thank you! :t-glomp:
Be kind.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Formerly MadameRed - same grumpy soul, new and improved theft!
15th Magiversary Free Raffle!
Syth
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Syth »

Mochipet wrote:September 15th, 2023, 2:51:13 am I don't know if dish would help any, but would it be poosshible to ...hic... implement a meecchanishm ...hic... likee Drragon Cave wwhere jusht viewing de ...hic... egg alsho goesh towarrdsh growing it? Cliccking would shtill help it grow more dan jusht a view ...hic... but maybe ushing a ...hic... view mechanishm wwould help allevviate de load of havinngg to oopen de linksh ...hic... to eachh crritter?

I know it woulddn't hellp wid de economy ashpect dough.

For dat ...hic... I'd shayy ...hic... maybe when you perform varioush actionsh around de sshite, it netsh you x amount off gold. Shuchh assh whhen you grabb an eggg ...hic... from de shtweam, name a critter, releashe/shhell/twade, shtufff ...hic... like dat. Poshibly have a cap on hoow muuch you can earn eeach week frrom deshe mmedodsh to prevent mining deshe acttionsh ash welll. I do likke de idea of minni gamesh dat wash mentioned earlier in de dread ash wwell.

Along diish shame drreead, might ...hic... I shhuggeshtt maybbe dingsh like what GaiaOnlline doesh? I usshed to be an accttive member dere, and ashide ...hic... from gamesh (shince in de beginning dere weren't maany) dde wwaysh you made gold dere werre by posshting (like hherre) but alsho like vishiting all ...hic... de variioush differennt parttsh oof de webshite. Likke you got 1000 gold ffor dee dayy for poking your head into dee shhopsh area, anoder for poking your head into ...hic... dee area dat shhowed all de gamesh dey had (dish wash twue eveen before ZOMG! ...hic... took off assh a wway to ...hic... mine gold). TToownsh (an interacttive map) wwash alsho a way to maake gold by picking up ittemshh aroundd it ...hic... and den shelling dem off on de markket or even to ...hic... dee ...hic... shhopkeepeersh (shomettimesh) who alsho shoometimesh twaded you itemsh for variooush oder itemmsh (i.ee. fishh were twaded for better fishh / fishh itemsshh, twashh ...hic... wash twaded for varioush paper hatsh & wwigsh, etc).

Jusht ...hic... shomee food for dougght.
Beware of dragons for you are small & tasty.I Pledge Allegiance to the Lamb
Love maybe love, but there's no excuse for the ignorance.
RIP HiddenMystic, you will be missed.

Thanks for clicking! 0/25 gifts thank you!

ImageImageImageImage

Shop
Raffle
Wishlist
vipor
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by vipor »

Honestly I am all for removing gold from adult creatures.

Small daily quests would be fun, as long as they are stuff users do on regular basis, post/click eggs/click hatchlings/ grab eggs/ post, and auto complete. Nothing is saltier that finishing a quest only for a daily reroll to delete your reward before you collect it. Or players missing on gold because they missed the news.

Selling creatures to an NPC is something I would like as well, but not for large amounts. Personally I think they should buy any and all adults for max 100g and hatchlings for 50g. Enough to be worth using, but not enough to take over the market.

I also think that would be useful in deleting some frozen eggs. An NPC who has heard that sometimes eggs are cold as ice and never hatch. Wanting to turn them into decorations. Paying 1 g per frozen egg.
But with the npcs buying things I would also say we need an extra tab, call it NPC, the only things we can sell is what we put in that tab.

Then later it can expand where selling a hatchling to the NPC can earn you a small crafting material depending on the element of the critter and and a big crafting material for an adult.

I know frozen eggs don't take up a lot of data, but they do pile up. Deleting the info of the frozen eggs and instead linking it to a 'this creature is no longer here' page would shrink the saved data.
From those you could set up a filter that certain eggs get fully deleted, while special eggs like parentless event eggs get put aside to be assigned to Master Belmos keep after a set amount of time.
Low prices high quality.
Vipor's mini mall
Wishlist
Granitore
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Granitore »

Hm, i am also for removing gold from clicking adult creatures...

like vipor said, small daily quests would be good to earn some extra gold and what about some mini games (with a set amount of gold you can earn per day...like flight rising?)

and while the site seems to be slow in loading things (and maybe lags a little bit) i have not run into error messages lately, also no massive lag, thats good for sure!
-- <3 Ty for your clicks <3--
-- <3 I love crystalwings <3 --
<3 Thank you all so much for the gifts! <3

froglady
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by froglady »

From a database standpoint, lag only really happens when there are too many active calls to the server. It doesn't really matter (lag-wise) how much data is being passively stored, it's directly down to how much is being actively accessed per period of time (like most people could walk a mile in 30 minutes, but asking you to walk it in 30 seconds would be impossible). So stuff in your tabs you hardly ever click on to require a call to the server for information is immaterial in lag. It's usually caused by a bunch of data being requested in a short time period (like someone clicking a link that instantaneously requests thousands of adult creature pages be accessed to give them gold). It's sort of like your computer slows down if you open too many tabs. You could open half of those, then close them and open an equal amount with no problem, but at some point the information that can be actively fetched reaches a limit.

I do like the idea of daily-activity quests (stuff we do already)--maybe call them daily achievements or activities to distinguish them from actual quests. That wouldn't take a lot of imagination, writing, time to implement...just the script to give the awards and a listing of them for the users to be able to do. If everyone could count on at least that much gold per day they could budget and save for what they want to buy.
My join date says 2012, when I made an account I promptly forgot about until August 2023, so I'm really *gasp* a newbie. :)
I have no phobias or disliked critters. Feel free to click anything in my keep, except the "Quests" tab. I think you'll find plenty there without those 2 or 3.
Donnovan
CreaturesTrade

Post by Donnovan »

Perhaps being able to utilise your pets and send them out to bring gold back for you could also be a thing. Not sure if it was mentioned already. I mean, the site lore does say that the beasts are supposed to generally be useful companions, so lets put them to work :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Zs99
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by Zs99 »

Question. When I'm in the click the creatures above you threads, I occasionally get logged out in the middle of it. Is that counter measures against goldmining? I was trying to not open so many at a time, it's just so random when it happens ;w;
Buying Phoenix Arkai, not sure what amount of gold to offer for them
Feel free to offer on creatures in my 'For Sale' tab.
Kayliee
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kayliee »

I would love to see weekly competitions for the community - such as the past butterfly fish etc.
We could have targets to hit and prizes given out to the community - could be redeemed through a quest?
Gifts: I love anything parentless/stream born etc, particularly event creatures :)
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

Rosehill said that all 'gold' discussions should be in this thread, so I'm going to try to state my case here where it's allowed.

I joined the site 7 months after it started, so I think I can say that I've been here for quite some time and probably know or remember most of what has happened over the years. Other than a couple of short hiatuses, I've been active for most of that time. I just copied this tidbit of info from the main forum page...
In total there are 136 users online :: 11 registered, 1 hidden and 124 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 1197 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:08 pm
As is usual for these times, the guests/bots outnumber the actual players. We used to have LOTS of active players, these days not so much. That being said, I think the game is in need of more than just cosmetic updates. Maybe it's time to rethink some basic game mechanics and look at the game from a more realistic place.

In the beginning, I was not able to purchase shards so I was only able to collect creatures that were free or bought with gold. However, gold was (and still is) very hard to come by. Buying from the shops was easy when there were only a couple of shops, and each shop only had a few creatures. Today there are 3 permanent shops.. 3 that you can join thru quests.. plus the Black Market and the occasional seasonal shops during events. Not counting the Donation Shop there are 125 creatures in the permanent shops/Black Market alone, plus the 301 event creatures, some of which came from seasonal shops. That's a lot of creatures to spend gold on.

Now, how many ways can we earn gold..
5 gold when you click an egg
1 gold when you click a hatchling or adult
a random amount, but no more than 250g when you make a post

This is a long post, so I'll earn 250g for it
I have 5 eggs, so that will earn 25g
Not counting eggs I have 21,285 creatures, so if I clicked every creature in my Keep, I would earn 21, 285g.. IF they were all clickable.

That's 21k+/- gold; not very much considering the prices of creatures today..
1 Arcanum Serpaen from the Dark shop costs 11,000g.
Want a streamborn creature from Master Belmos?...
All streamborn creatures: 200 gold each*
* Except for the newest creatures, they cost 1,000 gold each until 6 months after release-date:
What about a past eventborn from another player? Caramel Gryphon 25K (that's a random creature from a random member shop. That's more than I can earn in a day of clicking/posting.

I can also earn gold clicking on other peoples creatures, BUT this is goldmining and that's the current BIG issue...
Not to mention that removing the gold from clicking adults might be going away.

Currently I have 1,549,393g.. but there are other players with 10mil plus. I just sold ONE creature.. a past eventborn.. for 500k. Buying/selling creatures from other players is the only way to make enough gold to enjoy the game.

HOW? WHY? Because the mechanics of the game are BROKEN!!!!!

More ways to earn gold is essential
Lowering prices in the shops is essential
Making retired creatures available in the shops is essential

The attitude saying to too much gold will break the game is totally WRONG!!! The game is already broken and fixing the gold problem is what has to happen.

The days of there being over 1k active players are long gone.. we're lucky if there are 100 daily players. BUT we have LOTS of awesome creatures.. interesting things to do like breeding and quests (all of which really should be reapeatable).. and even more creatures added on a regular basis. As long as there ARE active players, the game isn't dying.. but it is broken and it's up to management to fix it. So please consider what needs to work NOW and not what used to work.

Exclusivity is NOT what we need.. Equality is the answer. The old days of "Neener, neener, I've got something you don't have! And if you want it, you'll have to pay me MILLIONS" needs to end. We don't have the playerbase we used to have and many of the old players who contributed to the gold problem are no longer here.. but their bad habits still are. I no longer have a shop.. I don't breed on request very much anymore either, because no one is asking, but I still give things away and trade army creatures with a few other players.. that recent creature sale is the only one I've made in months. Most of what I do these days are personal projects, achievements and trying to breed for the variants I don't have for my collection. I've never been chatty, so I don't earn a lot from posting.. and with current creature prices, I don't buy many things either.

Do I still love the game? YES, very much so.. it's the only collecting game I still play and I don't want to see it disappear like so many others. Management here is still active and listening which is awesome. So please, keep fixing the hardware/software issues; BUT think about fixing the mindset and actual gameplay issues too.
I am in the process of moving house, so I will not be around much for the foreseeable future.

Return to “Site News”