Goldmining is causing the lag, and must stop

Learn about the latest updates here.
Mochipet
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Re: Goldmining is causing the lag, and must stop

Post by Mochipet »

Unleashthekracken wrote: November 25th, 2023, 5:16:24 pm Then I have one more suggestion, I don’t know how it will work with an adoptable site, but Something I have seen from one of my other sites, how about if we can, ( and I’m only saying we because I can’t think of a better word to use.) but how about eliminating getting gold from clicking eggs and hatchlings, and instead create a like a mini game area where you can earn gold from completing the games? Again I have only recently gotten back into the site and I don’t know if you have already tried this before but I just have this as my final suggestion. And if you do do this: I also have a use for the heart too, but again it’s up to you, and I’m just doing this as a suggestion. But why not instead for the people who do have it, let it give you a point five percent increase of whatever you earned? Again all this is just my last suggestion, and is just the last thing I thought of. I completely understand if it won’t work, but I just wanted to put it out there. Sorry and thanks
The main issue I see with this suggestion is that it removes the incentive to help players grow their creatures. Why take the time to click countless eggs and hatchlings for no reward? One could argue "to be nice" which sure, but ultimately people are more likely to contribute to growth when there's something in it for them. Growing creatures is one of if not the point of this game so I'm not sure it'd make any sense to remove the incentive.
Hirundini
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Hirundini »

Asking this due to confusion, does opening 30 tabs and clicking on adult creatures at once count as mining?
Pls click user/Hirundini
Munin
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Munin »

Hirundini wrote: November 26th, 2023, 2:09:45 pm Asking this due to confusion, does opening 30 tabs and clicking on adult creatures at once count as mining?
Rosehill has said that using snaplinks or something of the like in click threads and on the image free nursery is okay so I think you´re fine. The problem starts when hundreds or even thousands of links are opened at once
Wildtalon
An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Wildtalon »

I've lurked on Magistream for so many years and yet somehow it never occurred to me that goldmining was a thing; let alone a common and accepted method of gaining gold. That explains... so much.
ImageImageImageImage
Cheystar
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Cheystar »

If we can't goldmine anymore, than the prices in the shops should reflect this.
froglady
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by froglady »

Yes, I'm a player who rediscovered an old account here. I've only managed to save 13k since I came back Aug/Sept. and I haunt the hatching threads, not just clicking the player above me even on that thread. I'm sure all returning players like me and the newbies joining now will never be able to afford much of what's in the shops without scrimping all our earnings for months to buy just one item. I'm ok with that, there's lots of non-gold stuff to be had here and I get most excited to see what I get from the Stream and how creatures change as they grow, but I know people who will just jump ship on a site if they can't have practically everything there is to have within 6 months or so. There was just one on the forums elsewhere the other day crying because she's not on the leaderboards after 3 months of playing and it's "not fair" that she should have to work her way up like everyone who has been there for years, so she's leaving. There are fewer and fewer people out there willing to invest time and patience into a game. It's one of the reasons games like this are dwindling away. Mobile games are easy to quit, because there are 350 more just like each one out there to jump ship to. That's what today's gamers are used to--play till you get bored or hit a paywall, then quit and go elsewhere.
My join date says 2012, when I made an account I promptly forgot about until August 2023, so I'm really *gasp* a newbie. :)
I have no phobias or disliked critters. Feel free to click anything in my keep, except the "Quests" tab. I think you'll find plenty there without those 2 or 3.
audrei9
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by audrei9 »

Munin wrote: November 27th, 2023, 2:49:40 am
Hirundini wrote: November 26th, 2023, 2:09:45 pm Asking this due to confusion, does opening 30 tabs and clicking on adult creatures at once count as mining?
Rosehill has said that using snaplinks or something of the like in click threads and on the image free nursery is okay so I think you´re fine. The problem starts when hundreds or even thousands of links are opened at once
Oh thank GOD because I've been doing that!

Wait... if that's the case, then why aren't people posting in the forums or something? AFAIK then keeping a diary in the forums is a more efficient way of getting gold than clicking eggs
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
audrei9
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by audrei9 »

Is it because forum users who use bugs are easier to identify and ban?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Munin
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Munin »

audrei9 wrote: December 10th, 2023, 8:41:28 pm Oh thank GOD because I've been doing that!

Wait... if that's the case, then why aren't people posting in the forums or something? AFAIK then keeping a diary in the forums is a more efficient way of getting gold than clicking eggs
The amount of gold you gain by posting is limited. The more you post, the less you earn, so just posting for gold on the forums is not the way to go. It is a nice addon for communicating with others but not designed as a primary source of income
Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

Munin wrote: December 11th, 2023, 3:14:55 am
audrei9 wrote: December 10th, 2023, 8:41:28 pm Oh thank GOD because I've been doing that!

The amount of gold you gain by posting is limited. The more you post, the less you earn, so just posting for gold on the forums is not the way to go. It is a nice addon for communicating with others but not designed as a primary source of income
Also, if someone is clearly just posting useless things for the sake of earning gold rather than for interaction, there is a good chance they'll get banned for spamming. There is no subforum on this site for keeping a diary.
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon

Return to “Site News”