Report site errors here

Get help and give out your ideas for improvement.
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade
It’s my birthday

Report site errors here

Post by Rosehill »

The old Report Site Errors thread has grown into quite the behemoth, many errors there have already been fixed, and some errors may be related to older versions of the site's structure, so behold, a new error reporting thread to report errors that you encounter after the site upgrade of July-August 2023!

If you encounter errors or any weirdness please report it in this thread in as much detail as you can. That will make it much easier to figure out why the error is happening and thus makes it much easier and faster to fix it!

If you encounter an error:
Please use the following error reporting template as a base and fill in applicable parts.

Code: Select all

[b][size=120]I got an error![/size][/b]
[b]Page where the error happened, include URL:[/b] 
[b]Timestamp or rough estimate of time including the timezone:[/b]
[b]Which browser were you using:[/b]
[b]What kind of device were you using (mobile, tablet, computer etc.):[/b]
[b]Screenshot if you managed to get one:[/b]
[b]Description of what you were doing when you encountered the error:[/b]
IMPORTANT! List of known issues that are still under construction:
  • Trades: Trades are currently disabled while I'm working on bringing them back. October 25th: Trades are enabled, though you can only add creatures from your main tab
  • About me: currently you cannot edit your about me section. It is shown on your profile the way it was before the downtime with the exception of bbcode tags not working. In case you absolutely need an urgent update on your about me section, please PM Rosehill.
  • BBcodes on profile's about me are not working
  • Adding or changing you lineage's crest isn't currently working.
  • Moving single creatures in mobile view is currently disabled
  • Currently you can only use Chocolate boxes and Gender Change potions on creatures on your main tab
  • Embed multiple currently only allows you to embed creatures on your main tab
  • The Stream: eggs are currently stationary, and won't automatically be replaced by new eggs without refreshing the site
  • Profile custom css is not currently working. You can still see the custom css code you have used within your user control panel, but it will not take any effect on your profile. This is due to the profile page element names and sizes changing, so using the custom css codes is temporarily disabled. If you want to save your old custom css code, please copy it onto your own computer. Old custom css codes will be deleted at the end of year 2023, and new custom css codes can be used some time beginning of year 2024.
  • Breeding may give you an error page if you have a big Keep
  • Some confirmation messages, e.g. when posting (telling you your gold amount) aren't shown
  • Some layout issues, e.g. link underlines missing, things being aligned weirdly, item list headings get wonky on some resolutions, shop and forum descriptions get cut out on mobile view, header banner image gets all wonky on certain resolutions, profiles may look weird on mobile if you have long links or something else really wide there
  • It is not possible to donate from certain countries via Paypal. We're investigating this issue but it is mostly due to Paypal's policies so we may not be able to do anything about it.
Fixed issues:
  • DONATING! Please be aware, that Donations are currently handled manually! Your donation goes through to Magistream, but shards aren't automatically added to your account. Raneth and I will be adding the shards manually as quickly as we can, but we ask that you bear with us as we cannot be on alert every moment of the day. Fixed.
  • The friend/foe functionality is disabled for the time being September 14th: Fixed
  • Saving drafts is not working September 14th: Fixed
  • Mass moving things from a tab to Main tab isn't working. Mass moving from main tab to other tabs, or from a non-main tab to another non-main tab is working. November 12th: Fixed
  • Hover box on creatures isn't shown for some users Dec 4th: Fixed
  • Using some items (mainly gender change potion and chocolate boxes), may give you an error page especially if you have a big Keep (over 20 000 creatures or so). December 15th: Temporarily fixed: You can now use the gender change potion and chocolate boxes only on creatures on your Main tab
  • Bump button isn't shown for some users Dec 15th: Fixed
  • The Bestiary, Families list, and Creature statistics pages aren't yet mobile friendly, so part of the table showing information gets cut off from the right side of the table. On mobile devices, if you have the need to, you can circumvent this by enabling "desktop mode" from your mobile device's browser. Please note that enabling this mode may make the site look a bit weird otherwise. Fixed
  • World map: The visual world map is being wonky. While I work on getting it back online you can still access all the world locations through the world link where you will see a list of all the locations and whether or not they have a tributary. February 4th: Fixed!
  • Visual style of trades' right hand side is still wonky. February 4th: Fixed!
  • Changing the order of your Keep tabs isn't currently working. February 4th: Fixed!
  • The quest prefixed Lorien isn't currently working and the whole quest is disabled until it is fixed February 4th: Fixed!
Last edited by Rosehill on February 4th, 2024, 9:11:18 am, edited 10 times in total.
Reason: Updated fixed status: World map, trade view's right side, reorganizing tabs in keep view and the Lorien quest have been fixed!
Chess
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: Report site errors here

Post by Chess »

Going to the Keep via the magistream.com/user/(username) results in a visual glitch. The main screen is wider but the actual information about the creatures still seems to be the old width, so that to the right of the creature %s there is just a blank space.
Syndicate
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by Syndicate »

PayPal wouldn’t let me send my coin - “Donations to this recipient aren’t supported in this country” :t-pout:
Spoiler
Sending from New Zealand

There’s also a little teeny weeny spelling whoopsie on the payment cancelled redirect page

Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade
It’s my birthday

Post by Rosehill »

Syndicate wrote: September 1st, 2023, 12:58:07 am PayPal wouldn’t let me send my coin - “Donations to this recipient aren’t supported in this country” :t-pout:
Spoiler
Sending from New Zealand

There’s also a little teeny weeny spelling whoopsie on the payment cancelled redirect page

Ooof. I'll have to check this.

On good news, shards will be added automatically, once you manage to donate... :t-sweat:

Chess wrote: September 1st, 2023, 12:45:55 am Going to the Keep via the magistream.com/user/(username) results in a visual glitch. The main screen is wider but the actual information about the creatures still seems to be the old width, so that to the right of the creature %s there is just a blank space.
Would you be able to take a screenshot? ^.^ For me my own keep from the "other's perspective" looks quite alright on mobile.
Rhia
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rhia »

It's probably my computer or screen, but for me it currently looks like this on the right side.
Spoiler

wishlist
my lineages

(Just post in the thread or pm me if you are interested in offsprings - for free.)

Keep cleaning-Sale

My all-time Giveaway

pegasi1978
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by pegasi1978 »

Not sure if it is intentional or not, but on mobile once the breadcrumb trail gets long, you can't click the first two links on the left. In the shot below you can click Assembly and to the right ->, but you can't click Forum and to the left <-.
Screenshot_20230901_065208_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230901_065208_Chrome.jpg (119.52 KiB) Viewed 6720 times
Attachments appear to work again though.
| Wishlist in profile | Avatar by Munin!
Chess
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Chess »

Rosehill wrote: September 1st, 2023, 1:14:03 am
Chess wrote: September 1st, 2023, 12:45:55 am Going to the Keep via the magistream.com/user/(username) results in a visual glitch. The main screen is wider but the actual information about the creatures still seems to be the old width, so that to the right of the creature %s there is just a blank space.
Would you be able to take a screenshot? ^.^ For me my own keep from the "other's perspective" looks quite alright on mobile.
Spoiler
This is what it looks like to me - The blank space is there when I have my window >70% of my screen.
Rhia
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rhia »

For me it is displayed nearly correctly when I go to 80%. (But then the font is too small for me).
wishlist
my lineages

(Just post in the thread or pm me if you are interested in offsprings - for free.)

Keep cleaning-Sale

My all-time Giveaway

NKfloofiepoof
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by NKfloofiepoof »

Not an error so much as a critique: the site is VERY VERY bright now. There's so much white :t-O_O: It makes the beige/tan backgrounds of the forum posts overwhelmingly bright as well, even though I don't think the colors changed that much. It's very painful to look at now, and I'm getting a headache just typing this. So, while I know you still have your hands full with everything else, could you please put on the eventual to-do list to either tone down the brightness or implement a dark/night mode we can toggle? :derp:

Thank you for everything you've done so far! :t-swoon:
Buying unwanted SB elephant snails for shop price
Buying Bread Creatures for 2k each

Image-Free Magi Nursery
Seejey
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade
It’s my birthday

Post by Seejey »

In mobile view, while moving creatures, there aren't links to each tab in front of the creatures so I can move them individually:
Spoiler
And, in desktop view, but still using a mobile, although I can see the whole header, the rest of the site is smaller and the progress bar of my creatures is cropped:
Spoiler
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR CLICKING AND FOR THE PRESENTS! I WISH EVERYTHING BACK! DOUBLE! ^_^

Wishlist: F Green, Bronze CWs; M Diamond Wyrm; any Cascara Amagnae, Water Shop and Dark Shop parentless creatures, pretty please! :t-puppyeyes:

Wanna get more clicks? Try this! Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Support and Suggestions”