How do Families work?

Get help and give out your ideas for improvement.
Austen
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

How do Families work?

Post by Austen »

Say I have this Skulk:

and I breed her to another Skulk. Does the other Skulk get recorded as part of the family? Or only the offspring are recorded as belonging to the family?

I ask because the owner has a nice name scheme going based on a book series I read, and I'd like to keep all the Skulks in the family in the same name scheme, if possible.
ImageImageImageImageImage
MistyoC
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Re: How do Families work?

Post by MistyoC »

The offspring are recorded as part of the family.
Feel free to click my entire keep. Anything I don't want to grow is protected.

Dream of Whirled Peas
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Re: How do Families work?

Post by Rosehill »

Only the offspring will be part of the family. Mates of the family members don't become part of the family. ^.^

If the other Skulk you breed this one to would happen to belong in another family, the offspring would randomly belong in one of the families of its parents. If the other skulk is unlineaged, the offspring will always belong in this family.

Return to “Support and Suggestions”