Creatures 1417-1426 - Pygmies!

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Marta
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Creatures 1417-1426 - Pygmies!

Post by Marta »

New Pygmy Gemdragons and Crystalwings got released today!

They can be obtained through the new system - Crafting, located here (click). After collecting the required items, we can craft an egg. Neat!

According to the news post
In order to get ingredients for the recipes you need to interact with the site. Currently ingredients can sometimes be randomly gotten when clicking on a specific creature (eggs, hatchlings, adults, frozen, unfrozen, in normal tabs and in protected tabs all count) or visiting that creature's bestiary page.
Image Rewin Scale - from clicking Rewin Dragons and Rewin Ancients
Image Gallium Blob - from clicking Gallium Crystalwings
Image Gallium Gem - from clicking Gallium Pygmy Gemdragons
Image Porcelain Feather Chip - from clicking Porcelain Crystalwings
Image Porcelain Gem - from clicking Porcelain Pygmy Gemdragons
Image Piece of Wood and Some String - from clicking Marinevra Crystalwings
Image Marinevra Gem - from clicking Marinevra Pygmy Gemdragons
Image Plushie Cloth and Stuffing - from clicking Plushie Crystalwings
Image Plushie Gem - from clicking Plushie Pygmy Gemdragons
Image Ferrofluid Glob - from clicking Ferrofluid Crystalwings
Image Ferrofluid Gem - from clicking Ferrofluid Pygmy Gemdragons

And now for the new creatures:

Gallium Pygmy Gemdragon

Image (no dimorphism)
Image (no dimorphism)

Gallium Pygmy Crystalwing

Image (no dimorphism)
Image (no dimorphism)

Porcelain Pygmy Gemdragon

F: Image / M: Image

Porcelain Pygmy Crystalwing

Marinevra Pygmy Gemdragon

Image (no dimorphism)
Image (no dimorphism)

Marinevra Pygmy Crystalwing

Image (no dimorphism)
Image (no dimorphism)

Plushie Pygmy Gemdragon

F: Image/ M: Image

Plushie Pygmy Crystalwing

Ferrofluid Pygmy Gemdragon

Image (no dimorphism)
Image (no dimorphism)

Ferrofluid Pygmy Crystalwing

Image (no dimorphism)
Image (no dimorphism)

Descriptions:
Egg
Spoiler
This egg is intricately crafted.
Hatchling
Spoiler
Crafted pygmy dragon hatchlings are so puny that they could break any moment. The hatchlings are so tiny that five could easily fit in a palm together. There have been instances of people taking them for miniature statues and trying to paint them, only to have the hatchlings move and freak people out. They are fast when awake, and caring for them would be difficult if they were living beings. Fortunately, they do not need to eat, sleeping being the only thing they appear to require. The hatchlings grow by day and reach adulthood in merely a couple of weeks. Since they do not grow like other creatures, the hatchlings find scraps left behind by people and creatures and incorporate them into their bodies, thus gaining weight and shape.
Adult
Spoiler
Crafted pygmy dragons are seen as decorative objects as much as they are companions. They sense when they are needed, so the pygmy dragons act alive only in those moments; for the rest of the time, they are just beautifully made objects that decorate their surroundings. They sometimes move to a different space where they feel they could be useful. Although they have no feelings, the crafted pygmy dragons understand their purpose. The marinevras tend to find their place in toy shops, along with the plushy dragons, which pile up and blend in with the regular toys. The porcelain dragons can sometimes be found in stores that deal with the finest ornamental objects, while the ferrofluid and gallium pygmy dragons spend their time in chemistry labs. They do not forget to return to their owners, if nothing else, to act as skilfully crafted paperweights.
General
Spoiler
As time passed, crafting became an ordinary skill and even magis who weren't very talented could craft a kamitori or a paper butterfly. Those who mastered their skills over years of training can now create something intricate in the form of pygmy dragons. The enchanted creatures resemble the shape and behavior of the pygmies, and one needs to be very attentive to differentiate the living pygmy dragons from the crafted ones. Items are needed to create such creatures: small parts left behind by the crafted crystalwings are mixed, reshaped, and imbued with magic with rewin dragon scales to give the new pygmies life. They act like living pygmies in many ways, hoarding things and trying to consume small gems. What is odd, though, is that they also retain some of the crafted crystalwings' personalities, acting in some ways just like them.
Looks like the descriptions don't have differences so far (tho I only got 4 eggs atm), so I put them in a single spoiler. If anything changes, I'll make edits. I'll be updating this thread later :wave:
Spoiler
Damn those sprites are tiny and I keep mixing them up :lol:
Last edited by Marta on June 10th, 2023, 12:43:07 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Grimheart
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Re: Creatures 1417-1426 - Pygmies!

Post by Grimheart »

They're here!

Pygmies of the 2021 Crystalwings! The Plushies!!!!

They're finally HERE!!!!!!!

Last edited by Grimheart on June 11th, 2023, 3:36:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Happy new year! I hope 2024 will have so many great things waiting for you.

trystan830
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by trystan830 »

can they be 'reclicked' on after a certain time, if i only have one of something?
also, yaay!
Free Critters! message me with which ones you want
~*~*~
She changes everything She touches, and everything She touches, changes ~ Starhawk
Image Image
reading: Wind by Erin Hunter (#23) | watching: Severance
she/her | discord: trystan830
IFN | dragoncave | trisphee | ravelry | goodreads
Marta
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by Marta »

trystan830 wrote:can they be 'reclicked' on after a certain time, if i only have one of something?
also, yaay!
I noticed that you can refresh Bestiary pages of the available creatures and you will keep getting items every now and then, not sure about reclicking actual creatures :lol:
edit: okay, I refreshed my Gallium Pygmy Gemdragon egg several times and got extra Gallium Gems, so I guess it doesn't have a limit either
PrincessOfVampires
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by PrincessOfVampires »

I like the Crafting idea, finally something to do around the site.

↓Visit my shop↓
Princess treasures

Gifts: 25/25 Thank you. <3

Wishlist:
male Donec
Jasper/Malachite Miu
trystan830
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by trystan830 »

Marta wrote:I noticed that you can refresh Bestiary pages of the available creatures and you will keep getting items every now and then, not sure about reclicking actual creatures :lol:
edit: okay, I refreshed my Gallium Pygmy Gemdragon egg several times and got extra Gallium Gems, so I guess it doesn't have a limit either
oooh, good to know, thank you!
Free Critters! message me with which ones you want
~*~*~
She changes everything She touches, and everything She touches, changes ~ Starhawk
Image Image
reading: Wind by Erin Hunter (#23) | watching: Severance
she/her | discord: trystan830
IFN | dragoncave | trisphee | ravelry | goodreads
NaoKitsune
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by NaoKitsune »

Do they come out parentless?
LTB SB Purple Pteira Crystalwing
What's your Dream Creature?
For Sale
Marta
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Marta »

NaoKitsune wrote:Do they come out parentless?
Yes :D
NaoKitsune
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by NaoKitsune »

Marta wrote:
NaoKitsune wrote:Do they come out parentless?
Yes :D
Love that!!
LTB SB Purple Pteira Crystalwing
What's your Dream Creature?
For Sale

Return to “Community Discussion”