Magiversary 2023:14 Years! New Crystalwings!

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
pies
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Re: Magiversary 2023:14 Years! New Crystalwings!

Post by pies »

Found a female hatchling in the click threads. Not sure if I did this right but:
Description:
Spoiler
The gems encrusted into the prismatic crystalwings' bodies glitter in the sun almost blindingly, a useful feat for mischievous hatchlings. They spend short amounts of time at the base of mountains right after storms have passed, searching for shiny objects and stones. When they need to rest, they return to their small nests, relying on their magic for survival. The hatchlings use their magic for almost everything. They heat the air around them for warmth, produce the water they need to quench their thirst and grow small flower buds to feed on. Later on, they produce small gemstones with the help of earth magic, which they eat. Even if they are too small to fly, the hatchlings make good use of their air magic to float around. They are incredibly skilled as hatchlings, needing little care from the adults to survive.
-✨✨✨✨⭐️🦌⭐️✨✨✨✨-

Pie/Leo ✨ she/her ✨ socially anxious mess

🎵 Jorja Smith - Little Things x Gypsy Woman

To everyone that has gifted me: thank you so much, every gift is treasured! <3

ImageImage

✨ Final Outpost ✨

-✨✨✨✨⭐️🦌⭐️✨✨✨✨-
Nahla
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Location: In the German Room with my lovely Companion Shiroko.

Post by Nahla »

pies wrote:Found a female hatchling in the click threads. Not sure if I did this right but:
Description:
Spoiler
The gems encrusted into the prismatic crystalwings' bodies glitter in the sun almost blindingly, a useful feat for mischievous hatchlings. They spend short amounts of time at the base of mountains right after storms have passed, searching for shiny objects and stones. When they need to rest, they return to their small nests, relying on their magic for survival. The hatchlings use their magic for almost everything. They heat the air around them for warmth, produce the water they need to quench their thirst and grow small flower buds to feed on. Later on, they produce small gemstones with the help of earth magic, which they eat. Even if they are too small to fly, the hatchlings make good use of their air magic to float around. They are incredibly skilled as hatchlings, needing little care from the adults to survive.
Male and Female are the same :D
♥ Please click me ♥
Final Outpost: ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Magistream: ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SkyeWyven
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by SkyeWyven »

I never managed to contribute to the first part of the quest due to being late for the celebrations. Does anyone know if I've now missed out on something because I wasn't able to participate? I just want to know, it is entirely my fault if I did.

At least I can assign foxes and hopefully keep up with the quest from now on.
"Gotta catch 'em all"

Wishlist is here!
wystearya
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by wystearya »

I saw an adult: (female)

Description:
Spoiler
The prismatic crystalwings rarely show their face. Mostly seen right after the end of massive storms, their bodies are easily mistaken for rainbows. They befriend only those who show a genuine interest in the crystalwings' magic. The prismatic crystalwings love to be in the air and spend most of their time in the clouds. The adults make their nests high in the mountains, burrowing in the most abrupt slopes, making it difficult to locate them. They collect gems and often use their magic to distract those who possess them. They are master thieves and are interested in gems that are hard to come by, making their escapades even more bothersome to merchants than they would normally be. Once a year, the prismatic crystalwings molt, and those who venture up on the mountain peaks return with beautiful gems that are later turned into exquisite jewelry.

If not much is known about crystalwings, then the prismatic type is a complete mystery to most people. Magi who dedicated their lives to studying these beasts have more questions about the prismatic crystalwings than they have answers. While some creatures have powers over one or two elements at most, the prismatic crystalwings appear to control all of them. They can liquify tiny objects, rejuvenate a withering flower, heat up rocks, turn things their touch into stone, and even cause gusts of air. Moreover, they can produce magical light and a second image of themselves by moving extremely fast. All of this without effort. On the other hand, their magic is not impressive by any means compared to that of other creatures. They master no element more than the other, which makes them interesting and quaint at the same time. Their magic is hardly useful when they can use it only in small amounts. Even so, they are one of a kind, and many magi take an interest in them.
Image Image ~ Image ~ Image Image

Wishlist in profile. <3 25/25 gifts - Thank you!
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

The creature release post says the Prismatic Crystalwings will be breedable.

My question is.. Will they eventually get a pygmy gemdragon and pygmy crystalwing as well?????
I am in the process of moving house, so I will not be around much for the foreseeable future.
magioffire
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by magioffire »

im so confused as to how to get the prismatic crystalwings. can anyone explain like im 5? xD
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ayakashi
MD Moderator
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Ayakashi »

magioffire wrote:im so confused as to how to get the prismatic crystalwings. can anyone explain like im 5? xD
Go to the bottom of your keep, and open your gifts. :D
ImageImage

My wishlist

DS Friend Code: 2664-2235-0361 PM me yours so I can add you too! :D
feralkiwi
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by feralkiwi »

magioffire wrote:im so confused as to how to get the prismatic crystalwings. can anyone explain like im 5? xD
it's a gift from MS, so they'll be the last gifts you open after you've opened all the gifts at the bottom of your keep (scroll to the bottom and it should say "you've got [x number of] gifts, open one" and click on that)
(pronouns: they/them)

happy 15th magiversary!

<3 clicks appreciated-just to hatchling pls <3
ImageImageImageImageImage
doing bloodline swaps- 1st gen emerald wyverns |
MidnightKitty
MagiStream Donor
An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by MidnightKitty »

Ah, the quest disappeared and I didn't see part two either? Was that just finished so quick?

I was away all day so it's only just now i've been able to login and check things. I suppose i'll open those presents now, but I don't see anything so far unless its /all/ when I open gifts.
"Till then, sweet friend, abide these storms with me
Which shall in joys of either fortunes be."
.Image
Ayakashi
MD Moderator
CreaturesTrade

Post by Ayakashi »

CinnaminDraconna wrote:The creature release post says the Prismatic Crystalwings will be breedable.

My question is.. Will they eventually get a pygmy gemdragon and pygmy crystalwing as well?????
Oh, GOD! Please don't even suggest that. There's no way I can get 40 to make 10 breeding pairs of CW's, 10 CW x Rewin, and 10 CW x Pygmy Gem Dragon.
ImageImage

My wishlist

DS Friend Code: 2664-2235-0361 PM me yours so I can add you too! :D

Return to “Community Discussion”