New Releases - Onyx and Peridot Dorrian Basilisk

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
VictoriaWings
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

New Releases - Onyx and Peridot Dorrian Basilisk

Post by VictoriaWings »

Hello Everyone! How is it going? I am so sorry if I am in the wrong area I don't post topics.... :sweat:
I have a quick Question... Did I miss the New Release for the Onyx Dorrian Basilisk and the Peridot Dorrian Basilisk
--------------------------------------------------------------

Found in the Black Market:

Peridot Dorrian Basilisk

A multitude of sparkling gems grow on this egg's shell.

Male/Female
Image Image
Spoiler
Dorrian basilisk hatchlings are no bigger than an index finger, weak and blind. The hatchlings need to be treated with care by those who take these creatures as companions, especially since an adult dorrian basilisk will always be there to watch over one or more hatchlings at a time. The hatchlings rely heavily on their other senses, being able to catch most of their meals - which consist of bugs - on their own. Although they don't actively seek gemstones, the hatchlings sometimes consume them, their acid dissolving the gems as they ingest them. Whatever isn't dissolved by their acid is assimilated into their bodies. Even if the hatchlings can be differentiated from one another from the moment they hatch, some still insist the basilisks become one type or another only after consuming a specific type of gemstone. If this were true, the dorrian basilisk hatchlings would turn into multicolored adults as they happily consume broken sapphires, rubies, peridots, and onyxes alike, not just one type of gemstone.
Male/Female
ImageImage
Spoiler
Dorrian basilisks turn out to be majestic creatures once they mature. They are still small compared to most other basilisks and cannot permanently turn people or objects into stone. Instead, they can turn anything they look at into gemstones. Most dorrian basilisk adults turn things into the same type of gemstones that cover their bodies. Those that reach a certain age can change things into a different kind of gemstone, but only after years of intensive training. The adults usually use their magic for both the entertainment of others and their own convenience. As they are small enough to be considered prey by some creatures, it is convenient for them to turn their pursuer into gemstones gaining the chance to make a quick escape. Not only this but if something bothers them too much - dorrian basilisk hatchlings included - they will use their magic to get a break. They get most of their meals like this: they turn the bugs and small mice into gemstones and then ingest them - their hunt an easy task. As the things they eat eventually return to their original state, the basilisk adults sometimes seek to eat real gemstones as a small treat.
Spoiler
As the name specifies, these basilisks hail from the lands surrounding the waterfall of Dorr. Nowadays, they are found all around the world, as their beauty and ability to temporarily turn things into gemstones make them highly sought-after companions. They come in many colors, the gems adorning their bodies distinguishing each type of basilisk. For a long time, people believed the dorrian basilisks were related to the pearl wyrms as they love water, but they are nothing like the wyrms. Gentle and loyal, the dorrian basilisks love to be in the presence of humans and help turn things into gemstones whenever asked. They are considered valuable by most con men because of this, and many train dorrian basilisks to scam people. Magi continuously struggle to prevent this, but every few months, someone is convinced to believe their simple objects were permanently turned into gemstones. Only the gemstones magically imbued can remain in that state, but even then, the risk of objects returning to their original state exists.
Onyx Dorrian Basilisk

Male/Female
Image Image

Male/Female
ImageImage

They have the same description as above
MidnightKitty
MagiStream Donor
An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: New Releases

Post by MidnightKitty »

Is that the new release? I haven't been able to find the new pair, I assumed it was tied to a quest I found in The Stream over on the world page -- the quest isnt in the wiki so I figured it was new and not just something I had neglected over the years lol
"Till then, sweet friend, abide these storms with me
Which shall in joys of either fortunes be."
.Image
falsanthin
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by falsanthin »

VictoriaWings wrote:Hello Everyone! How is it going? I am so sorry if I am in the wrong area I don't post topics.... :sweat:
I have a quick Question... Did I miss the New Release for the Onyx Dorrian Basilisk and the Peridot Dorrian Basilisk
looks like they are in the black market so you would need to do the quest to unlock it if you haven't already
MidnightKitty
MagiStream Donor
An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by MidnightKitty »

ah ofc something i put off long ago and forgot how to finish lol -- time to look up a walkthrough thank you!
"Till then, sweet friend, abide these storms with me
Which shall in joys of either fortunes be."
.Image
VictoriaWings
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by VictoriaWings »

ah Okay I already Completed the dark brotherhood is their another quest?
falsanthin
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by falsanthin »

yeah its a quest that starts in the keep called "Whispers: who is that guy?". you need 10k gold and 4 live raza cobra eggs to complete it

there is a guide here
https://magistream.fandom.com/wiki/Quest:_Whispers
VictoriaWings
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by VictoriaWings »

Oh Okay Thank you so much!
Time to go cobra hunting
NyxNoire
Site Moderator
CreaturesTrade

Post by NyxNoire »

Peridot Dorrian Basilisk

Male/Female
Image Image
Spoiler
Dorrian basilisk hatchlings are no bigger than an index finger, weak and blind. The hatchlings need to be treated with care by those who take these creatures as companions, especially since an adult dorrian basilisk will always be there to watch over one or more hatchlings at a time. The hatchlings rely heavily on their other senses, being able to catch most of their meals - which consist of bugs - on their own. Although they don't actively seek gemstones, the hatchlings sometimes consume them, their acid dissolving the gems as they ingest them. Whatever isn't dissolved by their acid is assimilated into their bodies. Even if the hatchlings can be differentiated from one another from the moment they hatch, some still insist the basilisks become one type or another only after consuming a specific type of gemstone. If this were true, the dorrian basilisk hatchlings would turn into multicolored adults as they happily consume broken sapphires, rubies, peridots, and onyxes alike, not just one type of gemstone.
Spoiler
As the name specifies, these basilisks hail from the lands surrounding the waterfall of Dorr. Nowadays, they are found all around the world, as their beauty and ability to temporarily turn things into gemstones make them highly sought-after companions. They come in many colors, the gems adorning their bodies distinguishing each type of basilisk. For a long time, people believed the dorrian basilisks were related to the pearl wyrms as they love water, but they are nothing like the wyrms. Gentle and loyal, the dorrian basilisks love to be in the presence of humans and help turn things into gemstones whenever asked. They are considered valuable by most con men because of this, and many train dorrian basilisks to scam people. Magi continuously struggle to prevent this, but every few months, someone is convinced to believe their simple objects were permanently turned into gemstones. Only the gemstones magically imbued can remain in that state, but even then, the risk of objects returning to their original state exists.
Onyx Dorrian Basilisk

Male/Female
Image Image

They have the same description as above
<3 Thank you so much for my pressies! <3
ImageImageImage
ImageImage ImageImageImage Image
Windi1
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Windi1 »

These look so cute! I got 1 each. Will they be able to breed with the doni basks?
My Wish list?
Spoiler
Looking for the following: Halloween pets!
agaori, all dragon breeds, Diamond wyrm
gryphons, hippogryphs
wolves, koi, spiders, Serendin, all Amagnaes Alvean Yale, Tidal Wraithe
direcores, capricorns, jackalopes,
Vahti, Wallatrice
All khirin, event pets, shop pets and past donis

Image Big need: Diamond Wyrm, Wugu Amagnae Hoarding:ImageImage 00/25 gifts
NaoKitsune
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by NaoKitsune »

If anyone doesn’t have access to the market these creatures are 5k/each pm me and I can help you get them at cost :)

*this offer only intended for those who do not have access. If you do have access I am still willing to help you get extra creatures but they’ll be 6k each to include a hatching fee! Thank you for your understanding <3
LTB SB Purple Pteira Crystalwing
What's your Dream Creature?
For Sale

Return to “Community Discussion”