March Midmonth: Radiant Nautilus

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Danafox
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

March Midmonth: Radiant Nautilus

Post by Danafox »

Radiant Nautilus - 2 shard Creature #1391
This strangely shaped egg glows when you place it underwater.
General Description
Spoiler
It is well known that if a magi wishes to explore shallow waters, there is no better companion than a koi. However, if a magi has reason to delve deeper, a radiant nautilus becomes the ideal choice for a time. They too have the power of letting their magi breathe underwater while nearby, though their general reluctance to ever be less than several hundred feet from the surface means getting to them in the first place often requires assistance from a koi. While radiant nautili cannot reach the truly abyssal depths of the ocean, having a nautilus companion assist in a dive helps a magi conserve quite a bit of magic during their explorations. They are also pleasant to be around deep underwater due to their other notable power, which is their ability to exude a strange light that it seems only magical beings can see. Exploring magi find it a welcome respite from the general darkness of the deep ocean, and more than one magi who has overextended themself has been guided back to safety by a radiant nautilus using itself as a beacon.
Hatchling Description
Spoiler
Radiant nautilus eggs will only hatch underwater, and hatchlings must be taken to Lake Lakira or the sea shortly after hatching if they are not already there, as they quickly overheat in shallow waters during the day. Radiant nautilus hatchlings grow very quickly, from fitting within a magi’s palm upon first hatching, to the width of an average magi’s torso, within a month, growing a new chamber in their shell seemingly every day. They spend most of their time playing with the smallest kraken and leviathan hatchlings in the depths, though they will briefly approach the surface to greet their magi. It is generally recommended for anyone raising a radiant nautilus hatchling to also have a koi companion, so as to more easily visit their hatchling underwater. Despite their initial rapid growth, radiant nautili take a long time to fully mature, and will go through several sets of kraken and leviathan playmates before it too finally reaches adulthood.
Adult Male/Female
Adult Description
Spoiler
Upon reaching adulthood, radiant nautili leave Lake Lakira for the ocean and usually never return, preferring to take up residence on the deep edge of the reefs by the Callisto Islands. By this time, the diameter of their shell is usually half the height of an average magi, though some have been known to grow much larger. Despite their size, radiant nautili generally do not hunt, preferring instead to scavenge their food, and so a magi seeking one’s assistance usually needs only to bring tasty scraps to secure its help. Adult radiant nautili never surface unless their magi is in dire need, making them seem rather aloof, but will often help magi even without being offered food in exchange, and so are usually well-liked by those with an affinity for water.
Last edited by Danafox on March 31st, 2023, 10:09:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Dana's Sales Bin
LTT Donis for Below1Percent

Thank you to all my gifters! <3
Hitsugaya
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Re: March Midmonth: Radiant Nautilus

Post by Hitsugaya »

The Hatchling ( i see no dismorphism)
Spoiler
Radiant nautilus eggs will only hatch underwater, and hatchlings must be taken to Lake Lakira or the sea shortly after hatching if they are not already there, as they quickly overheat in shallow waters during the day. Radiant nautilus hatchlings grow very quickly, from fitting within a magi’s palm upon first hatching, to the width of an average magi’s torso, within a month, growing a new chamber in their shell seemingly every day. They spend most of their time playing with the smallest kraken and leviathan hatchlings in the depths, though they will briefly approach the surface to greet their magi. It is generally recommended for anyone raising a radiant nautilus hatchling to also have a koi companion, so as to more easily visit their hatchling underwater. Despite their initial rapid growth, radiant nautili take a long time to fully mature, and will go through several sets of kraken and leviathan playmates before it too finally reaches adulthood.
Image ImageImage Like yoda I speak
Starsight
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Starsight »

IS IT A SNAIL IS IT A SNAIL IS IT A SNAIL IS IT A SNAIL

it looks like a snail so might need this one
back on!!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Zander
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Zander »

Starsight wrote:IS IT A SNAIL IS IT A SNAIL IS IT A SNAIL IS IT A SNAIL

it looks like a snail so might need this one

Its a nautilus, it's a type of mollusc.

I can't wait to see the adult.
Do u kno da wae?
Wishlist: Clicky~
Pugnacious
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by Pugnacious »

Ooh, these look so lovely! <3
~*Multum in Parvo*~
Pug - Agender (They/Them, please!) - Bisexual - Gemini
Here's my wishlist!
Check out my tabs! I'll trade anything in my trade & frozen tabs, and will breed anything for you in my normal tabs!
Please PM me!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Reima
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Reima »

Adult Female
Spoiler
Upon reaching adulthood, radiant nautili leave Lake Lakira for the ocean and usually never return, preferring to take up residence on the deep edge of the reefs by the Callisto Islands. By this time, the diameter of their shell is usually half the height of an average magi, though some have been known to grow much larger. Despite their size, radiant nautili generally do not hunt, preferring instead to scavenge their food, and so a magi seeking one’s assistance usually needs only to bring tasty scraps to secure its help. Adult radiant nautili never surface unless their magi is in dire need, making them seem rather aloof, but will often help magi even without being offered food in exchange, and so are usually well-liked by those with an affinity for water.
This Signature looks so bad on mobile. Good lord it is HUGE. I'll need to work on that at some point. For now though I sleep
ImageImageImageImage
✯✦✯✧✯✦✯✧✯✦
Any objections, Lady?
✨ImageImage✨
To hatchling only C:
Wishlist Here
SirChicken
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by SirChicken »

I think it kind of looks like an Argonaut (aka Paper Nautilus) based on the shell of the adult sprite :D Normally regular Argonauts have their arms tucked up at the opening of the shell, so this little guy is quite sociable. ^.^ Still a cephalopod regardless
Please help my babies grow C:
PrincessOfVampires
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by PrincessOfVampires »

Looks cool. I love the colors.

↓Visit my shop↓
Princess treasures

Gifts: 25/25 Thank you. <3

Wishlist:
male Donec
Jasper/Malachite Miu
Silenxia
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Silenxia »

Oh...I might have to get at least two of these. An adult and a hatchling to freeze.
The Wishlist in my profile is outdated (I can't quite figure out how to edit it now, so many of the creatures there have already been obtained).

Gift ideas: Really am looking for a Varja Crystalwing for future breeding of pygmies and Gemdragons.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Aneira
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by Aneira »

Dropping in to confirm that there is no dimorphism!

Absolutely love the shell on these guys <3
Image❖ Malo mori quam fodari ❖ Image
❄ ❄

Return to “Community Discussion”