This or That

A place for forum games

Moderator: Reindeer Games Moderators

LeelaMeylen
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Re: This or That

Post by LeelaMeylen »

giant pet stingless bee (I just love bees..bumble bees especially.. the english term is soo cute..in german it's hummel ("hoommle" if you read the word in english pronunciation) but I always say Pummelbiene ("Poommlebeena"), because I always imagine the deadly cute word "bumble bee" as "Pummelbiene" translated into German language, even though "bumble" means sth. completely different.
Not about bees, but an anecdote about beheading hornets
On vacation we had absolutely sweet friendly wasps, not aggressive at all, that never even tried to sting and that I've given small pieces of sausage because they were particularly wild about them. If these pieces were a little larger, then the wasps always looked like helicopters with difficulties taking off... but it was amazing to see what large pieces they managed..in the end .. to bring far away. And how they became more and more tame day by day, so that they in the end even crawled around on us quite peacefully. We really had the impression that they understood that we had nothing against them. Their drinking behavior I found particularly sweet .. when we gave them some water or lemonade to drink. They also got on my hands or took a break on my head.
There were always a lot of them at our table and it became a daily morning ritual. XD

We even tried to protect them from the really fierce giant hornets that always hunted for the wasps in a specific spot on our campsite.
Until then, I've never seen totally aggressive hornets hunt wasps only to decapitate them.
I still sometimes ask myself to this day what they wanted with the heads, because these hornets hunted the wasps,only bc of their heads. Each time one of the hornets grabbed a wasp, it severed the body in such a way that the hornet ended up holding the wasp's head and the much larger remainder fell to the ground and then the hornet flew away with the head only to come back at some point. The whole swarm did this. As if they were collecting heads. The ground in that particular area was full of decapitated wasps.

I watched this from time to time because I found the thing with the heads so terrifying, bc I never before noticed hornets only hunting for wasp heads. What did they want with the heads? I'ld have rather guessed they throw the head away and take the body with them. 1 hornet could have easily flown away the entire dead wasp, but no, it was always just the heads. The whole time we were there on vacation. At first I thought that there might be special nutrients in the head, but they always only took the heads. Most probably it was for the brood, bc they flew the heads away to come back right after. Do you have an idea, why they only always took the heads?

Sun or moon?
Pugnacious
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by Pugnacious »

Moon... she's a beautiful queen of the night <3

Chickens or ducks?
~*Multum in Parvo*~
Pug - Agender (They/Them, please!) - Bisexual - Gemini
Here's my wishlist!
Check out my tabs! I'll trade anything in my trade & frozen tabs, and will breed anything for you in my normal tabs!
Please PM me!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
prettyiggy7
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by prettyiggy7 »

Ducks

Fish or Lizards?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Thanks for Clicking!
Thank you to my fellow Magi for your generous gifts!
Have a Joyful & Healthy 2024!
EternalSummer14
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by EternalSummer14 »

Lizards

Frogs Or Salamanders?
Here Are My Lovelies If You Decide To Click Them. Why Don't You Stop On Over And Have A Look, I Really Appreciate It..

And If You Like Peeping My Collections, I'm Now On Pixpet And ClickCritters, As Well As The Final Outpost. Please Click My Babies..

Summer's Trading Center

My Wishlist
PetStopOfHorrors
CreaturesTrade

Post by PetStopOfHorrors »

Salamanders
I'd prefer the firey fantasy beast but this is obviously referring to a real world amphibian.

Horror or Sci-Fi?
prettyiggy7
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by prettyiggy7 »

Sci-Fi

Mystery or Drama?

Thanks for Clicking!
Pugnacious
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by Pugnacious »

Mystery

Psychological Thriller or Supernatural Horror?
~*Multum in Parvo*~
Pug - Agender (They/Them, please!) - Bisexual - Gemini
Here's my wishlist!
Check out my tabs! I'll trade anything in my trade & frozen tabs, and will breed anything for you in my normal tabs!
Please PM me!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
MageLorelei
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by MageLorelei »

Ehhhh psychological thriller if I had to pick

Lovecraftian horrors or the horrors of man?
Working on collecting achievements and ahhh :t-fear:
-----
Icon made with the JRPG Stats Profile on Picrew
-----
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
-----
~~Hatchling Tab, open for clicks!~~Gender Trades~~
-----
Revan
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Revan »

Lovecraftian Horrors.

Butterflies or Ladybugs?
Need hatchlings?
Come visit The Hatchery!

Free Lineages!

If you visit my Keep, beware. I hoard owls. I am not responsible for any pecked out eyeballs or loss of fingers that may occur.
Wishlist :orly:
prettyiggy7
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by prettyiggy7 »

Butterflies

Chipmunks or Squirrels?

Thanks for Clicking!

Return to “Reindeer Games”