Pine Vosmari (creature #1287)

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
umbreon241
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Pine Vosmari (creature #1287)

Post by umbreon241 »

What's happening??? The creature counter went up and the number of presents under my tree increased by 5....

(Apologies if this thread is redundant.)

Five pine vosmari eggs can be found in your solstice presents.

Pine Vosmari
A tiny pine tree sprouts from this rich brown egg.

Spoiler
As soon as the pine vosmari hatch, they head to the water. They remain there for weeks, exploring the lake and its shores. Once they are ready, the hatchlings venture out and eventually find their way to the magis. The hatchlings are sociable and easily grow attached to those who are kind to them. They will be happy to eat a head of lettuce if given, but their favorite food consists of pine cones. They will spend hours breaking apart the cones, savoring each part of them. As they are unable to climb trees, the tiny hatchlings will patiently wait for days near pines in hopes that a cone might fall. Always aware of their surroundings, the vosmari will retreat in their shells at the slightest sign of danger. Their shells offer protection from all predators, being nearly impossible to break. Even though they are small at such young ages, the vosmari grow rapidly. The tiny pines that grow on their shells become beautiful trees.
Spoiler
Closely related to the vosmari tortoise, the pine variant is just as impressive. They are friendlier and never shy away from spending time around children. Although the exact time of their origin is unknown, many speculate that the pine vosmari are younger than the other tortoise. Known to be wise and knowledgeable, the presence of pine vosmari at the Keep is seen as a great honor. Unlike their cousin tortoises, the pine vosmari like to spend their time in forests, lounging in the snow during wintertime. Some claim this is why their shells and the pines that grow on top of them are covered in snow all the time. However, the snow appears to be magical in nature, as it never melts when the vosmari are in warm places inside the Keep. During summertime, the snow vanishes and the pines become a vibrant green. The pine vosmari can often be found near the coldest lakes, deep in the woods. Just like the other vosmari, the pine ones do not form families. The eggs are buried near lakes and the hatchlings have to find their own way to the water. The eggs are brown in color, with small pine trees already growing from the shells. The trees grow at the same rate the vosmari do, and the larger the tortoise, the large the pine tree. Huge vosmari can grow more than one pine tree on their shells. The larger a vosmari grows, the more reluctant it is to interact with humans, in fear that its massive body could crush others.
Sprite art: Mysfytt | Description: Real
Last edited by umbreon241 on December 25th, 2021, 8:09:54 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Busy with school but you can find ways to contact me on my profile if you need to reach me. ^_^

Feel free to call me Umbry! :bounce:
vividmirage
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: Creature #1287

Post by vividmirage »

Rosehill wrote:December 25th 2021: Creature 1287 has been released.

Creature 1287: ???
Obtained by: ???
Sprites: Mysfytt
Description: Real
my guess is it may be some sort of gifted critter.
★ hi, i'm mirage! any pronouns; active on chicken smoothie & pixel cat's end as well
★ currently returning from a year-long hiatus and no longer have a good grasp on values
★ (or any idea how half the creatures in my keep ended up in my possession lmao)
Ryves
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Ryves »

OMG its a pine vosmari!!!!!!!!!! :D

Closely related to the vosmari tortoise, the pine variant is just as impressive. They are friendlier and never shy away from spending time around children. Although the exact time of their origin is unknown, many speculate that the pine vosmari are younger than the other tortoise. Known to be wise and knowledgeable, the presence of pine vosmari at the Keep is seen as a great honor. Unlike their cousin tortoises, the pine vosmari like to spend their time in forests, lounging in the snow during wintertime. Some claim this is why their shells and the pines that grow on top of them are covered in snow all the time. However, the snow appears to be magical in nature, as it never melts when the vosmari are in warm places inside the Keep. During summertime, the snow vanishes and the pines become a vibrant green. The pine vosmari can often be found near the coldest lakes, deep in the woods. Just like the other vosmari, the pine ones do not form families. The eggs are buried near lakes and the hatchlings have to find their own way to the water. The eggs are brown in color, with small pine trees already growing from the shells. The trees grow at the same rate the vosmari do, and the larger the tortoise, the large the pine tree. Huge vosmari can grow more than one pine tree on their shells. The larger a vosmari grows, the more reluctant it is to interact with humans, in fear that its massive body could crush others.
Image Find something you love as much as a pumpkin wyrm loves pumpkin seeds. Image

vividmirage
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by vividmirage »

Ryves wrote:OMG its a pine vosmari!!!!!!!!!! :D

how did you get it, was it from gifts?
★ hi, i'm mirage! any pronouns; active on chicken smoothie & pixel cat's end as well
★ currently returning from a year-long hiatus and no longer have a good grasp on values
★ (or any idea how half the creatures in my keep ended up in my possession lmao)
Ryves
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Ryves »

Yes, you open them when you have opened all your other gifts.
Image Find something you love as much as a pumpkin wyrm loves pumpkin seeds. Image

Grimheart
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Re: Pine Vosmari (creature #1287)

Post by Grimheart »

I read in the wiki that the Vosmari and presents sprite was introduced in 2012, and after 9 years it's finally an actual creature! A surprise gift for sure, and I love it!
Happy new year! I hope 2024 will have so many great things waiting for you.

PrincessOfVampires
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by PrincessOfVampires »

Really looking forward to the adults.
But why the update doesn't say if it will be breedable or not, and the event creatures for the matter either.
It probably will be breedable but would be nice to have confirmation.

↓Visit my shop↓
Princess treasures

Gifts: 25/25 Thank you. <3

Wishlist:
male Donec
Jasper/Malachite Miu
Danafox
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Danafox »

Male hatchling

hatchling description
Spoiler
As soon as the pine vosmari hatch, they head to the water. They remain there for weeks, exploring the lake and its shores. Once they are ready, the hatchlings venture out and eventually find their way to the magis. The hatchlings are sociable and easily grow attached to those who are kind to them. They will be happy to eat a head of lettuce if given, but their favorite food consists of pine cones. They will spend hours breaking apart the cones, savoring each part of them. As they are unable to climb trees, the tiny hatchlings will patiently wait for days near pines in hopes that a cone might fall. Always aware of their surroundings, the vosmari will retreat in their shells at the slightest sign of danger. Their shells offer protection from all predators, being nearly impossible to break. Even though they are small at such young ages, the vosmari grow rapidly. The tiny pines that grow on their shells become beautiful trees.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Dana's Sales Bin
LTT Donis for Below1Percent

Thank you to all my gifters! <3
OverlordVOX
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by OverlordVOX »

Oh Good, i love Turtles
:)
Against
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Against »

Grimheart wrote:I read in the wiki that the Vosmari and presents sprite was introduced in 2012, and after 9 years it's finally an actual creature! A surprise gift for sure, and I love it!
How lovely, this is my first Solstice and I immediately fell in low with the drawing! Having this little creature as a reminder of all the kindness and generosity is really nice. :)
You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire.
And it will be better than anything else you can imagine.

LTB: Striped Taedan Gryphons,
Wugu Amagnaes, Turducken - please PM!

LTS: Various

Return to “Community Discussion”