#Creature 1183 - Aedalan

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Hitsugaya
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

#Creature 1183 - Aedalan

Post by Hitsugaya »

December 2 Shard Donation Critters have been released! :wave:

#Creature 1183 - Aedalan

The Egg
Beautiful melodies drift up from this egg, especially at night.
Spoiler
Aedalan are common creatures, found all over the world, but their proliferation does nothing to dim their wonderful, uplifting songs. These songs, unique to each individual aedalan, inspire creativity in even the most uncreative souls. Many poets, especially, owe their most beloved poems to nights spent lying in flowered fields listening to the songs of the aedalan. It is also said that if an ill person is visited by an aedalan, and the aedalan spends the night singing for them, the person will wake the next morning completely cured.
The Hatchling
Male and female Hatchlings
ImageImage
Spoiler
Hatchling aedalan are chunky little birds who don't yet have the ability to sing as adults do, restricted instead to amusingly terrible squawks and gurgles. They spend most of their time squatting on branches and other perches, glaring at the world around them and waiting for food. This bad-tempered look is only that; hatchling aedalan love attention and will gladly cuddle with anything that seems pleasant and warm.
The Adult
Male and female Adult
ImageImage
Spoiler
An adult aedalan is mostly dull in colouring, except for the male's blue throat, but this allows them to blend in with forest trees and wild fields. As adults they are capable of loud, soaring songs, combining trills and whistles in unique melodies that lighten the hearts of all that hear them. Many artists of all types keep aedalan in order to hear their songs and be inspired, producing many great works throughout the world. Adult aedalan mate for life and mated pairs often combine their songs to create new and even more inspiring melodies.

Sprite Art: Mysfytt
Description: Sochitelya
Last edited by Hitsugaya on December 15th, 2020, 1:08:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image ImageImage Like yoda I speak
Ardroth
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: #Creature 1183 - Aedalan

Post by Ardroth »

Oh, they're cute. :D
Hitsugaya
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by Hitsugaya »

The adult Birbs also are pretty ^_^
Ardroth wrote:Oh, they're cute. :D
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

Dang those grew up fast.
Also, they're sitting on mistletoe!

I wonder what bird they're based on. My first thought was maybe nightingales, of only b/c of the line 'It is also said that if an ill person is visited by an aedalan, and the aedalan spends the night singing for them, the person will wake the next morning completely cured.' which reminded me of the fairy tale The Clockwork Nightingale.
Hitsugaya
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Hitsugaya »

i also think the Donis based on an Nightingale, but with other coloring. the pose from the Aedalan are like them from a Nightingale and also the Nightingale is famous for their singing (also in the night). i like the idea, the birbs and also the pose and coloring from the Aedalan :D
BBkat wrote:Dang those grew up fast.
Also, they're sitting on mistletoe!

I wonder what bird they're based on. My first thought was maybe nightingales, of only b/c of the line 'It is also said that if an ill person is visited by an aedalan, and the aedalan spends the night singing for them, the person will wake the next morning completely cured.' which reminded me of the fairy tale The Clockwork Nightingale.
Szarwas
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Szarwas »

OMG I love them. Their colour is from the blue throat :) Such a lovely bird. And the mistletoe, oooh I must get a pair for Christmas <3
ImageImageImageImage
feralkiwi
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by feralkiwi »

aww these are so pretty
(pronouns: they/them)

<3 clicks appreciated (to hatchling only please) <3
ImageImageImageImageImage
Ardroth
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Ardroth »

The adults are lovely. :)
suzu
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by suzu »

Oh my, I need them. I need a lot of them. :)
Thank you for the Winter Solstice gifts!

ImageImageImageImage
Shakura
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Shakura »

BIRDS! I need to get a pair :D
ImageImageI love Birds!Image <3 (( Quicksale / Shop ))
Looking for Gender Swaps of many Shop Creatures!
View my Profile for a List of all Magistream Birds! (WISHLIST!)

Return to “Community Discussion”