Roleplay Stage rules
PossessedPotato
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: PotatoxSeriousSans

Post by PossessedPotato »

‘God Mira, why are you such a awkward lump??’

Mira really not liking or getting how she could have made a already strange situation worse as she simply tried to change the subject of her accidentally talking about Sans when the skeleton had been just reading a book nearby, t-this couldn’t have been any worse, could it?

Having never been the best at conversation in general, Mira wasn’t exactly a social butterfly, but the human was trying her best regardless to get along with the two kindly monsters which had let her take refuge in their home. The least she could do was try not to make things -too- weird, especially towards Sans who she sensed had a lot more going for him emotionally than he let on.

Luckily, there was Papyrus to step in and make things a bit let tense! Without him there would have been a ridiculous amount of unnerving silence between Mira and Sans, the girls face lightening up when the taller of the brothers brought up the cooking lesson they had had earlier.

“Yeah! It went great!~”, Laughing happily as the tea had helped to calm her head a bit, Mira was beginning to get her usual cheery disposition back as she smiled at clearly hearing Papyrus tell Sans that Undyne must have been impressed with her, “I never knew monsters cooked...so, Uhh..aggressively! It was a lot of fun~”.
Image Image
SeriousSans
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by SeriousSans »

Sans smiled gratefully at Papyrus when he spoke up to interrupt the awkward conversation and change the subject to the cooking lesson. Seeing Mira's face light up at the reminder of the cooking lesson, Sans figured that was the best possible distraction Papyrus could have picked. It seemed to have made her forget about the awkwardness of the conversation before and made her happy again.

Sans grinned as Papyrus mentioned how well Mira had done during the cooking lesson, even impressing Undyne during it. Sans had figured she would be impressed; Mira always seemed to try her best no matter what she was doing, which was a quality Undyne valued highly.

Sans chuckled a bit when Mira mentioned Undyne's method of cooking being very aggressive, from watching Papyrus attempt to emulate Undyne's teachings in their own home, he'd guessed that was the case. At least it didn't sound like Undyne had gone too overboard today, which was a relief. Sans was especially glad to hear Mira had had fun during the cooking lesson; maybe that was something she could continue with while she was adjusting to the Underground? It certainly seemed to have made her happy and hopefully had distracted her from any homesickness she'd been feeling regarding being stuck in the Underground for now.

"i'm glad you two had a good time," Sans said with a smile. It sounded like cooking lessons were a lot of fun; maybe Sans should consider Mira's idea of taking a cooking lesson as well, though perhaps he should just take cooking lessons from Papyrus. After all, Papyrus was a lot more accommodating of Sans' laid-back personality than Undyne would probably be.

Plus, it would be fun to make a bunch of pasta puns.

Papyrus was glad to see his attempt at changing the subject seemed to have been successful. Mira and Sans both seemed happy now, though of course how else could his efforts have gone but to result in a success? The Great Papyrus was always successful!

"I HAD A LOT OF FUN TOO!" Papyrus agreed cheerfully. "THOUGH I AM QUITE CURIOUS TO SEE HOW HUMANS COOK! WOULD YOU LIKE TO SHOW ME SOMETIME, MIRA?" Papyrus hoped that he could learn how humans cooked meals as well, so he could truly become a master of the culinary arts!

Maybe he could even convince Sans to join them as well. Mira would likely be a more patient teacher than Undyne for Sans, anyway. Plus, then they'd all have another activity they could enjoy together!
To hatchling only please: ImageImageImage
Thank you very much! <3

My wishlist is on my profile; I love Wind Hydras and Charaen!
Current event wishlist:

ImageImageImage
PossessedPotato
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Mira more than happy to talk about the awesome cooking lesson she had with Undyne and Papyrus earlier, the girl may have had a shy streak but it clearly wasn’t shoring now with how confident she was that her and her friends had made a awesome meal together despite her body not handling it very well in the end.

It was a bad habit of the human to eat things that upset her stomach on the surface too, her always having hated that she likely came across as ridiculously weak due to her combination of a short stature and weak eating habit, her fronting personality of being impulsive and almost a bit reckless stemming from being viewed this way.

It was one of the reasons she had regretfully pulled a knife on Sans back when they had first met even when he showed obvious kindness....she just had to show she wasn’t the type to back down despite her obvious physical disadvantages.

‘That’s in the past Mira, don’t think back on it, you had good reason to be nervous back than’

“Oh! Y-yeah, I know how to cook a few things”, Mira being pulled out of her thoughts as Papyrus asked if she would show him how to cook other human meals at some point, the girl nodded thoughtfully as she wondered if sticking to pasta dishes was probably the best bet, “I’m not the best but I can show you how to make lasagna!~”.

Yeah, it likely was, Mira secretly hoping that Sans would want to join in at some point instead of being a observer. She really liked hanging out with the skeleton despite the awkward moments they shared, those moments oddly enough seeming to bind them together even closer in a strange sense.

Those budding bonds were going to be incredibly important tomorrow though, the unfortunate human already fated to make the biggest mistake of her life by the very nature of her impulsiveness, a unnerving and static filled voice seeming to ring in the very back of the girl’s mind as if already tempting her to go with her gut and experience more what didn’t even truly exist.
Image Image
SeriousSans
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by SeriousSans »

Papyrus looked ecstatic at the idea of learning how to make another pasta dish. "THAT SOUNDS WONDERFUL! I'D LOVE TO LEARN HOW TO MAKE LASAGNA!" Papyrus announced, smiling at Mira when she offered to teach him. "WHAT INGREDIENTS WILL WE NEED TO MAKE THE LASAGNA?" Papyrus asked curiously, already planning to head to the store immediately to gather all of the ingredients they would need for what was sure to be an incredible dish.

Papyrus turned to Sans with a hopeful smile, "WOULD YOU LIKE TO LEARN TOO?" Papyrus really hoped the three would be able to spend time together with one of his favorite hobbies, cooking. Papyrus hoped Mira wouldn't mind him trying to include Sans, but he figured she wouldn't be too upset since they were all friends.

Sans smiled as Mira suggested teaching Papyrus how to make a pasta dish; clearly she'd already picked up on pasta being his favorite kind of food to make. Sans could tell Papyrus was very excited, and it made him happy to see his brother so joyful. Sans wasn't surprised at all when Papyrus immediately asked what ingredients they would need; Papyrus would probably try to ensure the cooking lesson happened as soon as possible.

When Papyrus asked Sans if he wanted to join in, Sans hesitated a bit and glanced at Mira, unsure if she would want him to join their cooking lesson. If Sans was honest with himself, it sounded like fun, spending time with his brother and new friend, but he didn't want to interfere if Mira had only been planning to teach Papyrus. Eventually, he said, "sure, if that's alright with you, mira?" Sans secretly hoped he could, he thought it would be nice to be able to witness Papyrus learning a new pasta recipe firsthand since he always seemed so happy about his cooking lessons with Undyne.

Plus, when the three of them had been drawing together, Sans had felt really happy. A bit nervous about his drawing, yes, but nonetheless, spending time together working on a hobby with them had been one of the more peaceful times Sans could recall. Sans figured watching them cooking together, and maybe even helping a bit if he could, would also make him feel peaceful and happy.
Thank you very much! <3

Current event wishlist:

ImageImageImage
PossessedPotato
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

(Edit)
Last edited by PossessedPotato on December 2nd, 2020, 11:45:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
PossessedPotato
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

( ;o; I see that bit of confidence trying to shine through with Sans. God, I love the slice of life moments like this)

Maybe perhaps Mira was wrong to think she couldn’t be truly happy here to be honest...after all, she was feeling more confident and accepted with these two skeletons than she had ever felt among her own kind on the surface, oddly enough. Humans were not the most...Uhh, accepting in general of those that didn’t tend to fit into the mold, Mira having her fair share of things that made her stick out like a sore thumb in her own world that just seemed to be accepted down here instead of trying to be fixed.

The human was still full of anxiety and inner turmoil, but for some reason just casually talking about showing off this new human food to Papyrus and Sans listening in on it gave Mira a sense of peace in her Soul that she had been lacking for a while now.

‘You can’t get to used to this, a human can’t stay underground forever...’

Trying to shake away the internal monologue telling her that her growing confidence wasn’t something she should have, the girl was aware that...if she didn’t get back to the surface eventually she would likely begin to have problems, but at least for now she could just try -not- to worry about the far future.

“It needs mostly the same thing as regular spaghetti, just uhhh...if you can find long, flat noodles thats mostly the only difference”, Mira sharing the excitement that Papyrus had for trying out making this new dish, she wasn’t expecting that Sans might actually want to help out with it when he seemed so content to just sit back and watch things play out most of the time.

Not that she had a problem with that if it was what made him happy, but...there was just a overwhelming sense to the girl that he -did- want to take part in things more often but for one reason or another held back.

Hearing Sans ask if he could join though sent a wave of joy through the human’s heart, a happy blush spreading on her cheeks at the unexpected question seeing as she had been sure Sans would have made a excuse to not take part, “Of course you can join~! I would be happy to show both of you how to make it!”.
Image Image
SeriousSans
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by SeriousSans »

(Sans is starting to get his hope back a bit ^^)
(Also as soon as I read that part where Mira was thinking 'a human can't stay in the Underground forever' I just immediately got the mental image of Chara saying "Oh yeah? Watch me." XD)

Papyrus listened eagerly as Mira explained what ingredients they would need to make lasagna, making a mental note of everything she said so he would be sure to get noodles of the proper type. Papyrus thought carefully about which noodles would best fit the description Mira gave, eventually deciding he'd just wait until he was at the store and could pick the closest type from what they had.

Or maybe he should just get some of every kind of pasta, just to be sure.

Papyrus was overjoyed when Sans agreed to join the lesson; even if he ended up watching most of the time like a lazybones, the fact he was willing to participate at all made Papyrus very happy. Papyrus wanted to make sure it was the best cooking lesson ever! Papyrus was also glad to see Mira didn't seem to mind at all that he'd basically invited his brother to join the lesson without asking her first.

"GREAT! WE'LL DEFINITELY MAKE AN AMAZING LASAGNA TOGETHER!" Papyrus announced confidently, beaming at Mira and Sans.

Sans smiled as Papyrus was clearly making a mental list of pastas that might work for the lasagna; it was nice to see him so excited. Well, Papyrus was usually excited, but right now he seemed even more excited than usual.

Sans was relieved that Mira didn't mind him joining in; he really was starting to feel a bit excited himself seeing how much Papyrus and Mira were looking forward to the cooking lesson. It surprised Sans a bit how happy Mira seemed to be about him joining in; nonetheless, her- and Papyrus's- happiness seemed to be contagious and Sans's smile grew a bit more.

"i just hope i won't spa-get-ti in the way too much," Sans joked.

"NONSENSE, YOU'LL- WAIT. THAT WAS A PUN, WASN'T IT," Papyrus said, sighing in realization.

"nothing gets pasta you, bro," Sans replied with a chuckle.

"WELL! IN THAT CASE, I'LL JUST GO GET THE INGREDIENTS FROM THE STORE NOW." Papyrus said with a huff, though he didn't seem nearly as annoyed as he was pretending to be.

"i guess you're... skele-done with my puns, huh?" Sans asked with a grin.

"OH MY WORD SANS!!" Papyrus complained, but his smile gave away that he wasn't actually mad. "I'LL BE RIGHT BACK!" Papyrus waved to the two, then set off for the store.
Thank you very much! <3

Current event wishlist:

ImageImageImage
PossessedPotato
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

(-Dies at the events of the next day- Make that hope last, my skeleton friend

Hey! She is a ghost tho! xD I bet she totally would have a ‘watch me’ moment out of stubbornness though)

Maybe living with her new skeleton friends wasn’t going to be so bad after all, Mira seeing them as just acting like...well, how humans might despite their appearance. If she had been asked a few days ago what she thought of monsters there was a good chance the girl may have still thought of them as dangerous killers to be avoided, but how wrong she was....

Papyrus was just a big goofball that she couldn’t imagine hurting a fly, and Sans...well, despite being a bit mysterious was laid back and friendly, not at all what her original impression of what some monsters might be like when she fell into Snowdin forest.

“I bet it will even rival the spaghetti we made with Undyne~”, A giggle coming from Mira as she saw how excited Papyrus seemed to be about making this new dish, his happiness truly was contagious in a way, “D- don’t ever tell her I said that though”.

Mira unable to stop herself from laughing a bit out loud at how Sans puns seemed to rile up Papyrus, that was another thing she really liked about the short skeleton, his ability to make horrible puns seeming like it was some terrible gift he must have been born with.

Giving a small wave to Papyrus when he left to go get the ingredients needed for the cooking lesson they planned, soon it was just Mira and Sans left in the house again, the girl smiling lightly as she sighed and went up sit near the skeleton.

“So, any new info on the whole barrier thing?”, Glancing at the book he had been reading curiously, Mira really wasn’t sure what Sans did in his free time but it seemed that he had been looking into some research of his own, “I really wish I knew how to help, I just kinda feel useless not even knowing the basics of my own Soul...I don’t even know I -had- one until Alphys did all that weird testing”.
Image Image
SeriousSans
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by SeriousSans »

(Yeeeeep XD)
(Oh they absolutely will, Chara can be incredibly stubborn when they want to be XD)

Papyrus smiled reassuringly at Mira when she commented about not wanting him to tell Undyne what she said about the lasagna and the spaghetti. "WORRY NOT, MIRA! I WON'T TELL HER!" Papyrus replied, still smiling. Papyrus hoped that the lasagna would indeed rival even the spaghetti- after all, with Sans joining in, Papyrus wanted everything to be perfect. Maybe that would give him the confidence to join them in more hobbies as well!

Papyrus soon arrived at the store, wandering through the aisles as he looked for all the ingredients they would need to make the lasagna. As Papyrus looked through the various pastas, he was a bit worried about accidentally picking the wrong one. Finally choosing the two that seemed closest to what Mira wanted so she could select the right one, Papyrus headed to the counter to pay for the ingredients with a wide smile on his face.

This was going to be the best cooking lesson ever!

...Though Mira was right, he probably shouldn't ever tell Undyne that.

Sans smiled as Mira laughed at the puns he told; while he could tell Papyrus didn't hate his jokes quite as much as he let on, it was still kind of nice to hear someone laugh at the puns rather than complain about them. Sans couldn't help but tell puns a lot of the time; humor had been his coping mechanism throughout Flowey's resets and genocide runs, and at this point he was in too deep to stop.

One might say it was in his bones.

Sans waved to Papyrus when he left, and smiled back at Mira when she sat beside him. When she asked about the barrier, Sans nodded. "yeah, i actually went to visit dr. alphys earlier today. she says it's a mixture of different kinds of magic; we think it was probably created by multiple humans who used different types of magic," Sans replied, recalling their conversation. "dr. alphys was wondering if there could possibly be any humans around today that still have some traces of magic." Sans had remembered that Alphys had wanted him to ask Mira about it, and figured now was as good of an opportunity as any.

Hearing that Mira felt like she wasn't doing enough to help, Sans felt bad. To be honest, Sans felt like he wasn't doing enough as well; despite all his research, he still hadn't found anything that brought them significantly closer to breaking the barrier or even just getting Mira past it. As much as Sans wanted to help, there wasn't really much he could do at this point other than keep researching. "hey, it's okay." Sans said, hoping to reassure her. "dr. alphys thinks if we know more about what life is like on the surface, and humans in general, we might be able to figure something out. if you want to talk about that, it could help," Sans explained, though he quickly added, "only if you want to, though." Sans didn't want Mira to feel like she needed to discuss anything that might make her feel more homesick. But, he figured if she felt like she was helping figure out the barrier, she might feel a bit better about her current situation.
Thank you very much! <3

Current event wishlist:

ImageImageImage
PossessedPotato
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

(Working that bit of human life in this world into the story XD Betcha didn’t see that coming)

Mira was willing to help Sans out in any way she could if it met helping aid research towards the barrier, her not really knowing the full extent nor power it held as she only knew the bare bones of how it worked so far in that it kept monsters, and apparently humans, sealed underground.

“So they kind of worked together to form the barrier?”, The human tilting her head slightly as she listened to Sans explain that he had heard from Alphys that humans a long time ago may have used different types of magic to make the barrier, the girl didn’t want to let her friend down...but as far as she knew magic wasn’t really a thing on the surface anymore....at least in any strong capacity.

“As far as I know no one really uses it much anymore. I-I mean, we -can- all kinda use it, it’s just not very strong”, Mira speaking quietly as if she was hesitant to speak about the subject, magic was a rather forbidden topic in the human world, almost as if humans preferred to act like it didn’t exist.

And the magic humans -did- know was nothing compared to what monsters could likely do, those proficient in even a small amount of magic often being called psychics or mediums due to a perceived connection with another world.

Mira was none of those things, her ability lying solely in a pointless, strange way she could emanate a pinkish light from her hand if she tried really hard. It wasn’t even useful enough to be a guiding light much less aid towards breaking the barrier so she hadn’t really shown It off at all to anyone as of yet.

Sans reassurance seeming to brighten up Mira’s mood a little though as she smiled softly and made herself more comfortable, the girl didn’t need to be secretive about magic if she was down here, right? Maybe she could ever show Sans the tiny bit of magic that she, just as most other humans, could do, “What do you wanna know? I can tell you a lot about our current world but I’m not sure if it would help much”.
Image Image

Return to “Private Stage”