Forum rules
Roleplay Stage rules
PossessedPotato
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: PotatoxSeriousSans

Post by PossessedPotato »

(I’m thinking if Pap and Mira go off with Undyne this would be a perfect chance for Flowey to confront Sans? :roll: Oh I can’t WAIT)

‘Did he actually forget for once? That’s not like him at all’

Back in Waterfall, Undyne had been fully expecting that Papyrus would show up for his never missed, ultra secret cooking lesson with his new friend m without her having to call him, her unaware that the trio of two skeletons and a human were actually drawing pictures just because they could and it because was relaxing.

Drawing? Undyne didn’t have time for it, her preferring to put her effort into things like cooking awesome food and fighting, the fish lady only deciding to call Papyrus when she figured something might have been wrong.

“Hey, where you at?? I got everything set up and your late? Very unprofessional”, The last line being a obvious joke when she called up her protege, Undyne was willing to go easy, only a little bit, today on Papyrus because he was bringing a newbie along.

Mira being more than happy to see both of the drawings the brother’s had made no matter the skill level, the girl couldn’t help but wonder if small moments like this were what made living down here bearable for the both of them, it being quite clear the pair were attached deeply and she was just a stepping stone between them.

The human didn’t want to think of the fact that it was best to not get attached too much to her new friends, her heart sinking whenever she remembered that going back to the surface met never seeing either of the brother’s again.

No, she would only think of happier things, there was no point in being sad over what she couldn’t control....

“That’s a wonderful drawing!~”, Mira’s dark eyes widening when she saw the picture that San’s had been reluctant to show, it wasn’t bad at all in her eyes, the sound of Papyrus’s phone ringing getting the girl’s attention as meanwhile, a small flower was distantly still planning and watching over what was going on, waiting for the right moment to strike....
Image Image
SeriousSans
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by SeriousSans »

(Hehe yep!)

Papyrus was startled when his phone rang; usually the only people who called him were Sans and... Undyne. "OH NO! I THINK I'M LATE FOR THE COOKING LESSON!" Papyrus cried out, before quickly answering the phone. "I'M SO SORRY UNDYNE! I GOT DISTRACTED! IT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN! I'M COMING RIGHT NOW!" Papyrus felt quite embarrassed at being late; he made a point to always arrive on time, or even early. How had he lost track of time like this?

Turning to Mira after, he said, "COME ON! WE NEED TO GO!" before hastily rushing off towards Undyne's house, though not too fast since he didn't want Mira to have to try too hard to keep up.

Sans felt happy to hear Papyrus and Mira liked the drawing he'd made, even if he was relatively certain they were only saying those compliments to be nice; Sans definitely wasn't at the level of an award-winning artist by any means, after all. But if it made them happy, Sans didn't mind drawing with them. It had actually been... Kind of fun.

When Undyne called, Sans was surprised; Papyrus typically always tried to be on time. Sans supposed he must have been having a lot of fun for the cooking lesson to slip his mind. Grinning, Sans waved to the other two. "have fun!" Sans was sure the cooking lesson would be a lot of fun; he just hoped Undyne wouldn't overwhelm Mira too much.
To hatchling only please: ImageImageImage
Thank you very much! <3

My wishlist is on my profile; I love Wind Hydras and Charaen!
Current event wishlist:

ImageImageImage
PossessedPotato
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Mira honestly having forgotten about the cooking lesson as well with Undyne as she had been way too caught up in drawing silly pictures to think on it, happy little moments like this were what the human lived for, her curiosity turning to Papyrus when he had gotten a call from Undyne rather suddenly.

‘Is everything ok? Maybe this wasn’t the best idea to distract them...’

“W-wait, you forgot??”, Mira seeming to be confused as for a a second she thought there was a potential problem, the anxiety filled human only calmed herself when it was clear it was just Papyrus being reminded that Undyne was waiting for him, her giving a look back to Sans as she really didn’t have much choice than to rush off with him as well.

“It was a good drawing, I promise!”, Calling back to the skeleton as she dashed off with Papyrus, Mira had no idea if Undyne ever knew she was a human or not, her assuming Papyrus had at least told her that bit of info before they could meet.

‘Those idiots, wasting their time with stupid drawings, what a shame’

Having been keeping a eye on the trio for a while now as he had one skeleton in particular he wanted to confront, Flowey was secretive in who he chose to appear to and when, him knowing that if Sans did speak about him to others there was a high chance he would be just thought of as kinda crazy and dismissed.

Besides, who would really think a mere flower could reset time over and over as much as they pleased with only this stupid sack of bones somehow knowing about it?

Determination was a gift that the soulless monster took for granted, him not even knowing how many times he had reset anymore to find each and every way a monster could react in every sort of situation.

The ground rumbling quietly as he easily burrowed under the dirt and snow, Flowey easily appeared behind the skeleton with a look of contempt on his face, him glancing at the drawing Sans had tried to make of his brother.

“Nice try~”, Snickering in a way that indicated him and Sans went way back in the worst way, Flowey felt disgusted every time he decided to talk to his old foe, him not forgetting how many times the monster had beaten him down and stopped him from progressing in his ‘game’ when victory was just out of reach, “You really think that brat liked it?~”.

Image Image
SeriousSans
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by SeriousSans »

Papyrus hurried along to Undyne's house with Mira, still a bit embarrassed at needing to be called by Undyne regarding the cooking lesson. Usually he was a lot better at keeping track of time than this; he hoped Mira and Undyne didn't think he was becoming forgetful. Papyrus would be careful not to repeat the mistake in the future.

For now, he grinned at Mira when the house was visible in the near distance; "THERE IT IS!" he called out excitedly, pointing at the house. Now somewhat distracted from his embarrassment by excitement for the cooking lesson coming up, Papyrus could hardly wait until the three were all cooking together, like the close friends they would surely be!

Papyrus knocked on the door when they had reached the house, clearly as excited as a kid in a candy store.

Sans smiled at Mira's comment as she rushed off with Papyrus; while he still wasn't entirely convinced it was a good drawing, he felt happy anyway. It was nice of her to try so much to convince him it was good, at any rate.

Unfortunately, his good mood was ruined almost immediately with the appearance of the talking flower who had ruined Sans' life with all of his resets and genocide runs. Sans knew there was no good reason why Flowey would talk to him like this. The question was whether Flowey had just decided to taunt him a bit, or if he was planning something.

Sans really hoped it wasn't the latter. When Flowey was planning something, it usually resulted in a lot of sadness for Sans. Flowey had been somewhat silent recently; aside from a few loads here and there, presumably intended to throw Sans off, Sans hadn't heard from the flower in awhile.

Sans would have preferred if Flowey's silence continued.

"flowey," Sans replied as neutrally as possible, trying to ignore the statements Flowey had said, though they had already sunk in. Perhaps drawing again would be a bad idea. "what brings you here?"

Sadly, there wasn't much else Sans could do. Considering the abilities the flower had, which allowed him to return even if he was defeated a hundred times, there was really no way to get rid of him.
Thank you very much! <3

Current event wishlist:

ImageImageImage
PossessedPotato
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Undyne had never thought Papyrus to be the type to arrive late to, well...anything, her always having the time checked to the dot that he would arrive at any given time he was needed. Of course accidents did happen though and she wasn’t going to make a big deal out of any of this, but it did make her wonder....

Was it because of this new friend Papyrus had apparently made?

Well, her question was soon to be answered as she heard a familiar knock at the door, Undyne going to answer it as she was met with that familiar, eager look from her awesome master cook in training.

“Nice of you two finally show up!”, Laughing as she clearly met what she said in jest, it took a moment for Undyne to notice that the partner Papyrus had brought along was...not what she was expecting, her expression only wavering slightly as she looked back at her skeletal friend confused, “And is this your new friend? She looks like you haven’t fattened her up at all yet!”.

‘A human??... but how??’

Mira not being entirely sure what to think of Undyne as she hadn’t really seen any truly intimidating monsters yet before now, everything about this lady met strength and power, from the way she spoke to the eyepatch she wore they made her look like a battle hardened warrior.

“I-I’m Mira”, Speaking up nervously as Undyne claimed she hadn’t been ‘fattened up’ yet, Mira obviously knew no one intended to eat her by now but the comment still made her cheeks blush red as she wasn’t sure if it was a insult or just a joke.

‘Oh, this is going to be fun~’

Having mostly avoided Sans for the past year or so as he had grown kind of curious what might happen if the skeleton thought he had died or something, there hadn’t been much of a change he had seen until that human had fallen a day or so ago, his plans for a reset having been put on pause because of it.

That girl...she should have died back in that forest, but Sans had interrupted what Flowey knew was ‘met’ to happen, no human belonging down here except...well, ‘her’ but that was a different story entirely...

“I know what you have been up to, rescuing that pitiful human from the snow like some big hero”, His voice child-like and innocent at the moment, Flowey fully intended to ruin any chance of this problem character to his ‘game’ from getting too happy with his new friend, “You and I both know she should have died where she fell”.

The flower’s voice shifting to a deeper, more aggressive Growl at the last statement, Flowey knew Sans couldn’t get rid of him and simply wanted to make his newfound happy life utter hell as his face shifted into one of Mira, “Or maybe your too weak? Is that it? Or...You got yourself too attached?”.

Flowey’s face turning back to normal as he laughed cruelly, if he could just get Sans to attack him maybe they could have a little fun before he reset eventually, “You k n o w the power she had can free us all, so why are you being so selfish? Hmmm...maybe I should just get it over with myself~”.
Image Image
SeriousSans
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by SeriousSans »

"SORRY WE'RE LATE!" Papyrus said apologetically, before chuckling when Undyne commented on how it was nice they finally showed up. Papyrus became confused by Undyne's comment about Mira, though. "HUH?"

Shaking off the confusion, Papyrus noticed Undyne seemed a bit surprised by Mira. Was she not expecting a human? Papyrus supposed he probably should have mentioned that at some point, he was just so excited it slipped his mind. Nonetheless, Papyrus was certain the two would get along well once they got to know each other.

"MIRA, THIS IS MY FRIEND AND TRAINER, UNDYNE! UNDYNE, THIS IS MY FRIEND MIRA!" Papyrus settled for introducing the two to each other, figuring that was the best way to continue the conversation.

Sans frowned as Flowey spoke, the flower's implication that Sans should have just left Mira to die making him furious- but he couldn't do anything about it. Yet. If Sans defeated the flower, time would just restart- and he had no idea when. So, fighting the flower was out of the question for now.

"no. she shouldn't have died." Sans said. "just because you think this is a game, doesn't mean people's lives don't matter, flowey." The way Flowey said that, though... Did he know about the other humans who had fallen, that Gaster and Alphys had found dead- or, possibly, not dead, Sans thought, recalling Mira's dream-and extracted the Determination from?

Sans did his best to ignore Flowey's taunts; by now Sans couldn't care less if Flowey called him weak. After all, Sans figured he'd proven his strength in Judgement Hall enough times already. Those were just childish taunts. But Sans couldn't ignore the threat Flowey finished with.

"leave her alone, flowey. and don't you think it would be a lot more selfish to kill someone just for a small chance it might be enough to free us?" Sans replied, though it seemed like Flowey saw all of them more like game pieces than living beings, so maybe he wouldn't care. Flowey probably didn't care about whether monsters went free or not anyway; it seemed like he had more fun torturing everyone.

Which was probably what he was trying to do now. Of course, there wasn't really much Sans could do about it, except try to ignore the flower...
Thank you very much! <3

Current event wishlist:

ImageImageImage
PossessedPotato
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

‘Why does something feel so off?’

Mira doing her best to be the polite guest as it appeared Undyne was seriously weirded out by a human being down here, in another time and place this could have been a very dangerous situation for her to be in, right now the girl just being a rare, very rare oddity to the ecstatic fish lady.

“Mira, huh?”, A tension brewing that Mira couldn’t quite put her hand on as Undyne spoke, the fish lady seemed so stern and calm all of a sudden as if she were thinking deeply on something....

‘Oh no, t-this isn’t good-‘

“Mira! As a weak human, both me and Paoyrus will be your teachers! You will follow every order given to you, got it??”, Undyne’s voice raising from the tone of deep thought she had only a moment ago as a blue spear materialized in her hands that she stomped on the ground once hard, Mira straightened up and nodded nervously as this was n o t what she had been expecting when her skeletal friend had suggested cooking lessons.

“Y-yes!”, Mira’s voice unnerved as Undyne motioned for both of them to get in the house, she winked at Papyrus when the human was out of seeing it to let him know this was all just part of her plan to get Mira into shape.

Maybe he wasn’t physically strong in the slightest, but Flowey knew very well he had control over the power to reset time in this world and that Sans wouldn’t dare attack him because of it, him not feeling threatened by the skeleton in the least as it was clear him talking about Mira hit a nerve.

“I don’t think one mere human life is something you can hold over the the entire underground’s head, do you?”, Flowey returning to that oddly child-like voice again as he seemed to be enjoying how uncomfortable he was making his foe, he really did think it was pretty selfish that Sans seemed to be putting this kid on a pedestal instead of using her to work towards getting out of this prison.

Maybe he lacked emotions, but seeing how easily he could upset Sans with him not being able to do anything about it made the flower downright giddy, a cruel laugh coming from the flower as Sans told him to leave Mira alone.

“Don’t you think she would do the same to you or your brother if she could go home by doing it?? Your being naive and stupid, humans don’t care about monsters at all”, The flower’s simple face turning to that of Papyrus for a moment to let the ‘fact’ sink in, Flowey wasn’t lost on what hit home with Sans.

He had killed the tall skeleton throughout so many resets, so many ways of playing ‘his’ game but Flowey never got tired of seeing Sans reaction each and every time, him wanting to try the same with this new human now as he had grown bored with his usual cast of pawns,”That brat would turn her back on you in a instant if it benefited her. Now though, how about we start a new game? Finding this little human shouldn’t be too difficult”.

With that it seemed the flower had had enough of Sans as it burrowed back under the ground, his echoing laugher remaining as he left the implication open on if he was going to kill this new human or not just to toy with Sans emotions as he always enjoyed doing oh so much.
Image Image
SeriousSans
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by SeriousSans »

(I hope you don't mind me adding in something for Flowey to react to before he disappears? I just thought it would be interesting XD)

Papyrus was a tad bit worried at first when Undyne entered what he called- only in his head, of course- her 'drill instructor' mode. Papyrus's first few cooking lessons had been rather stressful due to that, until Undyne had noticed and lightened up a bit. Papyrus hoped Undyne would do the same for Mira, and soon, since he didn't want one of his friends o be scared of the other!

For now, he headed into the house and smiled reassuringly at Mira to show she had nothing to worry about before trying his best to seem like he was being strict... Though his own attempts were more goofy than intimidating.

Sans supposed that, considering Flowey kept killing everyone over and over, he shouldn't have expected the flower to consider anyone's life valuable. Since he saw everyone as a plaything rather than a person, Flowey's viewpoint made a sick kind of sense. Flowey saw Mira as a possible means to an end, not a person. Sans found Flowey's views disturbing, but it wasn't like saying so would get him anywhere, so Sans kept that to himself.

Sans was just glad the twisted flower's thoughts weren't shared by anyone else. Of course, that didn't really help with dealing with Flowey, did it?

Flowey's suggestion that Mira would turn on him or his brother if it meant she could get home filled Sans with confusion. On the one hand, Sans knew Mira was too nice to hurt him or Papyrus. But she also seemed to want to go home quite badly... No. No matter how much she wanted to leave, she wouldn't kill someone.

Flowey was just projecting his own twisted mindset on her.

"so you really think it's impossible for a human to care about monsters? you don't think there's a single one who would care about monsters, who would consider them friends or even family?" Sans said, knowing there had been one human who had cared about monsters and lived among them as a friend or family member. However, he didn't know of Flowey's origins, so he had no idea that Flowey had once been Asriel, and had seen that human as a sibling. Really, Sans had only said it out of curiosity as to whether Flowey had ever heard of that human. Sans wasn't entirely sure when exactly Flowey had appeared, after all.

(I'll either edit in Sans' reaction to Flowey's departure here if you don't want to have Flowey react to what Sans said, or I'll have the reaction in my next post ^^)
Thank you very much! <3

Current event wishlist:

ImageImageImage
PossessedPotato
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

(Do it!)

Undyne knowing very well how to play her part in training Papyrus to be a awesome, future master cook, she wasn’t going to go easy on Mira either just because the human was new to the underground, her knowing this kid needed to be toughened up just by looking at her.

If she had managed to shape up this bean pole skeleton into a warrior she could surely do it for Mira, the door shutting behind her protégées almost like it had a mind if it’s own once they were all inside, a smirk on the fish ladies face as she pointed her blue spear at Mira and then at the nearby stove where everything for pasta was sitting, including the same peppers that had burnt Mira’s tongue to a crisp the other day.

“First rule since your the newbie here, always remember that the more spice you add the better your cooking will be!”, Undyne not being entirely wrong on saying that spices were good for flavor, to her though this met literal spice to add to the heat factor rather than overall flavor, “Second rule, never try to outshine your masters! Me and Papyrus know what’s up so don’t get cocky with your weird human food habits!”.

Flowey may not have been able to feel any emotions ever since he was created into this world, but it wasn’t as if he had never tried, him vaguely having memories of his past life despite them slipping more and away each and every day and reset he did.

When you were soulless it was easy to forget who you once were and what you had become, his focus on creating his ideal world over and over and essentially torturing Sans mentally all being a attempt at just...feeling some hunt that wasn’t this deep seated rage held somewhere in his very being.

‘Chara....’

A voice ringing in his head as he had been burrowing away from his brief encounter with Sans, the name echoing to him was oh so familiar...when the skeleton spoke of a human they had once fallen down before and loved monsters it spoke to him on a level he couldn’t comprehend without using his unavailable feelings.

‘Why do I feel like this? N-no, She isn’t real, you don’t care about her!’

‘Chara....’

Stopping about fifteen feet or so from Sans as he stopped tunneling away and glared at the skeleton in frustration, Flowey didn’t like the way Sans was speaking of-of any of this as in sheer annoyance he summoned a hail of bullets and launched them at his foe, “No, there isn’t a ‘single’ one! humans are killers and your a idiot for thinking this one won’t turn on you in a heartbeat!”.

‘Chara, why did you leave us? You were supposed to be our hope...’
Image Image
SeriousSans
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by SeriousSans »

(Ahhhhh I have a real need to hug Flowey and Chara right n o w ;.; )

Papyrus still wasn't completely used to the door slamming shut as if on its own accord, even after all the cooking lessons he'd had with Undyne. However, he had learned to hide his surprise, so he didn't react at all (outwardly, at least) when it happened this time. Excitement at cooking together with his friends returned to Papyrus' expression and he grinned at the sight of the ingredients Undyne had prepared, certain the three of them would create a masterpiece of cooking by the end of the lesson.

Papyrus nodded in agreement with Undyne's first rule; it had been drilled into his own mind enough times that he now considered it a fact. Though, when it came to the second rule, Papyrus gave Mira a small smile when Undyne wasn't looking to show he was interested in hearing about how humans prepared food, though it would be a good idea to wait for that since Undyne would want them to follow her instructions to the letter right now.

"RULE NUMBER THREE, HAVE FUN!" Papyrus added cheerfully. After all, they would be bonding as friends, so they should be having fun!

Flowey's implied threat directed at Mira wasn't lost on Sans, but what really surprised Sans was Flowey's reaction to when he mentioned the first fallen human... Flowey had seemed just as frustrated as when he was trying to get past Sans in Judgement Hall. Maybe even more.

How had Sans annoyed Flowey so much without using a single attack?

Sans dodged the hail of bullets just as easily as he had all those times in Judgement Hall, pondering how he had managed to phase the flower who always took great pride in trying to phase him.

Was Flowey annoyed because Sans had found the exception to Flowey's argument that he couldn't refute? Or was there something else going on here?

Flowey had actually sounded like he was trying to convince himself more than Sans.

Well, maybe if Sans could figure out what was going on with Flowey, he could finally see an end to all of the resets for good...

It was worth a shot, at least.
Thank you very much! <3

Current event wishlist:

ImageImageImage

Return to “Private Stage”