Erasing Creature Name

Get help and give out your ideas for improvement.
Arrias
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Erasing Creature Name

Post by Arrias »

I recently received a creature that was named. I don't like naming my creatures, unless its for breeding pairs so I can make sure I don't inbreed, but I thought I could just rename it Unnamed and that would satisfy my OCD. But every time I try to name it Unnamed the site is saying it can't complete that request. In reality I probably should have rejected the trade til I could confirm that I could just rename it Unnamed but I didn't think it would be a problem. Is there any way to reset the name or name it Unnamed? Any special ways or maybe someone I could reach out to? I'd be happy to pay a fee if need be.
Follow me on Twitter, I do follow backs. https://twitter.com/Arriasms
ImageImageImageImageImage
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Re: Erasing Creature Name

Post by Rosehill »

Huh, you should be able to name the creature Unnamed with a capital first letter. :orly:

What is the exact message you're getting when you try to do it?
Arrias
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Arrias »

Maybe the capitalization was what was tripping it up. It kept saying "Nope." (LOL XD) But I just tried doing it with a capital U and that seemed to work. I thought I'd done that before. *facepalm*
Follow me on Twitter, I do follow backs. https://twitter.com/Arriasms
ImageImageImageImageImage
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

I think you're prevented from renaming it 'unnamed' (without the capitalization) to avoid people getting scammed, since renaming costs money, someone could think they're getting an unnamed pet only to find out it was named 'unnamed' and now they have to fork out X amount to rename it (which isn't as much of an issue when it's like a stream creature where the rename fee is 2k, but when you have old donis and the like where it's like, 100k then it's a problem).
kunigund
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by kunigund »

This means, once a creature is named, it can never be truly unnamed again (unless one sends it to Master Belmos for good)?

(corrected the autocorrection O.o )
Last edited by kunigund on May 1st, 2023, 3:16:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Enchanteddil
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Enchanteddil »

kunigund wrote:This means, once a created is named, it can never be truly unnamed again (unless one sends it to Master Belmos for good)?
Yes.
kunigund
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by kunigund »

Thank you!

Return to “Support and Suggestions”