The Black Market is: Closed

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Azima
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: The Black Market is: OPEN

Post by Azima »

SkyeWyven wrote:I don't know of any better ways to mine for gold. That is my biggest problem with Magistream - too many things to spend gold on, not enough ways to accumulate gold without dedicating your life to it.
This is a perfect way to describe it. Way too many ways to get rid of your gold, veeeeeeeery limited ways to actually GET more gold. Very unbalanced. :yarly:
Tᴏ ʜᴀᴛᴄʜʟɪɴɢ ᴏɴʟʏ, ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ. ᴄ:
Tʜᴀɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴏʀ ᴄʟɪᴄᴋɪɴɢ! ♥
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

LunatheDragoness
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by LunatheDragoness »

Azima wrote:
SkyeWyven wrote:I don't know of any better ways to mine for gold. That is my biggest problem with Magistream - too many things to spend gold on, not enough ways to accumulate gold without dedicating your life to it.
This is a perfect way to describe it. Way too many ways to get rid of your gold, veeeeeeeery limited ways to actually GET more gold. Very unbalanced. :yarly:
THIS. SO MUCH THIS. Like the only way to earn gold is to sell stuff and click! D<
Spiraling out of control and deeper down the rabbit hole
"Ronald" - Falling In Reverse, Tech N9ne & Alex Terrible
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

The AquariumGolden Claw
BeeNme
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by BeeNme »

LunatheDragoness wrote:
Azima wrote:
THIS. SO MUCH THIS. Like the only way to earn gold is to sell stuff and click! D<
also by posting. The original intent was to encourage participation in the forums, and some people earn quite a bit of gold by posting regularly.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Wishlist:
Spoiler
Tanzanite Gemstone Kirin, White Cukurba, Catalana Dismot, White or Piebald Cervinus Deer, Angora Jackalope, Ouranian Koi, Arkenian Sakeira, winged cats
Dream creatures: Silver Alicanto, Calico Tienko
dooweoooo
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by dooweoooo »

SkyeWyven wrote:
YukiHijikata1 wrote:I could never get the max amount of items the bag has since I got a purchase pending that will take up most up the gold I have left, and then I am not good at using gold mines. Is there anyway to get gold through mining faster?
I've been looking for an answer to this very question ever since I started playing regularly. Unfortunately the best thing I've been able to devise is:
1) Make sure you have the Alicanto Heart item
2) Make sure you have a mass-link opener like Snap Links Plus, a progressive tab loader like Load Tabs Progressively Fixed and a tab auto-closer like Auto-close Tab (these add-ons require a legacy version of FireFox. I use IceDragon instead but it still has to be legacy. I turn off updating to keep it that way.) These allow for faster loading and better handling by both the browser and the website by preventing overloading.
3) Turn off all images to speed up loading
4) Mass-click with Snap Links one page at a time on Image Free Magistream Nursery, Pet Hatchery and (if I feel like it/have time) The Image Free Gold Mine
5) Do that every day

I don't know of any better ways to mine for gold. That is my biggest problem with Magistream - too many things to spend gold on, not enough ways to accumulate gold without dedicating your life to it.

Also note that it seems Load Tabs Progressively Fixed and Auto-close Tab are no longer available anywhere and I have no idea what, if any, alternatives there are to them.
For Chrome, try using LinkClump (multilink opener) and then right clicking on the main tab, and select "Close all tabs to the right". It helps me a lot for mining. Not like I retain the gold I mine, anyway :derp:

For Firefox, I guess Snaplinks works. I'm not sure if Firefox has an inbuilt option for closing multiple tabs, but there are extensions available for that, similar to either "Close all other tabs" or timed tab closers.

Hope this helps everyone who, like me, is on this never ending struggle to earn gold. :lol:

My Wishlist

If you wanna be friends, and have random long conversations,
feel free to PM me :lol:

CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

For Firefox you want the combination of GreaseMonkey, Snaplinks and CloseIt. Then all you have to do is activate GreaseMonkey, use your mouse to surround the links you want to open (recommend not opening more than 1k links at a time unless your computer is super fast), and wait. Once all the links are closed, surround another batch, etc. etc. etc. Then de-activate GreaseMonkey when you're done.
I am in the process of moving house, so I will not be around much for the foreseeable future.
YukiHijikata1
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by YukiHijikata1 »

Thanks for all the advice guys! I use chrome, so I might try what dooweoooo does first, but I might want to try Firefox and see if that works better. :)
Wishlist on profile.
I have Sale tabs! Visit my Keep to see!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tales of Ostlea ~ Dragon Cave

dooweoooo
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by dooweoooo »

CinnaminDraconna wrote:For Firefox you want the combination of GreaseMonkey, Snaplinks and CloseIt. Then all you have to do is activate GreaseMonkey, use your mouse to surround the links you want to open (recommend not opening more than 1k links at a time unless your computer is super fast), and wait. Once all the links are closed, surround another batch, etc. etc. etc. Then de-activate GreaseMonkey when you're done.
I tried using CloseIt on Firefox, but it didn't work. I didn't use GreaseMonkey though, so I'll try that too. Is there a specific version of Firefox that works for this?

My Wishlist

If you wanna be friends, and have random long conversations,
feel free to PM me :lol:

SkyeWyven
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by SkyeWyven »

I used to use GreaseMonkey for Valenth but then FireFox updated and it stopped working. Good to know it works again and has a script that works for this kind of thing. I found Load Background Tabs Lazily works with the current FF as a progressive tab loader, which I recommend because it really takes the strain off your computer and the website. My laptop can only open a couple hundred links without it but with it I can open over 1k no problem. I do find I need to restart FF (or IceDragon in my case) after every 1-1.5k to make sure it doesn't get clogged but that doesn't matter too much in the grand scheme of things.

'Close all tabs to the right' does also work as an add-on in FF. Though, I still recommend the progressive tab loader. Especially if you don't have something that automatically closes tabs once they load. So many prevented crashes because of that thing for me...
"Gotta catch 'em all"

My event gifting thread!
Wishlist is here!
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

dooweoooo wrote:
CinnaminDraconna wrote:For Firefox you want the combination of GreaseMonkey, Snaplinks and CloseIt. Then all you have to do is activate GreaseMonkey, use your mouse to surround the links you want to open (recommend not opening more than 1k links at a time unless your computer is super fast), and wait. Once all the links are closed, surround another batch, etc. etc. etc. Then de-activate GreaseMonkey when you're done.
I tried using CloseIt on Firefox, but it didn't work. I didn't use GreaseMonkey though, so I'll try that too. Is there a specific version of Firefox that works for this?
I'm currently using Firefox 77.0.1 with Windows 10. There was a version that didn't work with CloseIt but I don't remember the version number. But after a couple of updates, the combo started working again.. however, I should have mentioned that if you use Yarold's a lot, there is a separate CloseIt that works specifically for Yarold's. It's a little harder to use because it has to be updated manually, but it works fine once you figure it out.. plus you need to know how to use the Yarold's filters, otherwise you'll wind up with a lot of unnecessary links opening/closing and it could stall your computer.
I am in the process of moving house, so I will not be around much for the foreseeable future.
HobbitFeet
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by HobbitFeet »

dooweoooo wrote:For Chrome, try using LinkClump (multilink opener) and then right clicking on the main tab, and select "Close all tabs to the right". It helps me a lot for mining. Not like I retain the gold I mine, anyway :derp:
This is how I do it, but I do Snaplinks Lite and LinkClump just in case one acts up (it's happened to me before). I don't use the auto-closing add on because sometimes I use linkclump indiscriminately on other sites and I don't feel like turning the closer on and off.

I can make a good amount just from hitting the click tabs every day - bear in mind I struggled my way up to affording the Alicanto Heart, and only bought it within the last couple of years. It helps immensely. When I'm feeling desperate, I hit the Image Free and only open a chunk at a time. Too many open tabs stalls my computer.

SkyeWyven mentioned Valenth and my heart broke all over again :t-cry: I miss that site and its beautiful art like a friend.
My Pokefarm!
Join me on Xanje!
Wishlist

☆·•●☽~Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?~☾●•·☆

Return to “Community Discussion”