The temple of pineapples

Share any written short stories, novels, or poetry

Moderator: Tea House Moderators

waterfall9
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

The temple of pineapples

Post by waterfall9 »

Now, before anything, this story is really weird.

The Temple of Pineapples

“Dave, I reckon that’s enough practicing your karate using Psycho Pineapple as a punching bag.” Rebel told her brother as she sucked the remains of her lemon-lime sherbet out of its packet. The two siblings were trying to think about something to do for the Summer holidays, while staring at the Pineapple Temple. Psycho Pineapple is the fruit who doesn’t always know what his doing. Mainly because he was the dumbest fruit on Earth. While Rebel was flicking her packet, Dave was concentrating on the incredible temple. Why was he here?
As Rory the chameleon (Dave’s strange new pet) had found Star (a ghost giraffe with a talent for dance), Psycho Pineapple and Dragon Fox, Rebel and Dave had a group of people who wanted to have fun. They called themselves the “Cherry Ripes” because Psycho Pineapple got offended if they called themselves the “Group of People Who Use a Weird Pineapple as a Helper”. Psycho Pineapple also threatened to shake all of Star’s tutus out of her bedroom. Rory the chameleon started to annoy Dragon Fox with Psycho Pineapple’s super glasses. The super glasses have special powers, whoever wears them will gain super hearing, sight and flying powers. As Rebel was twelve, two years older than little ten-year-old Dave, she seemed like she would always be smarter and way, way, way more sarcastic. Rebel pushed her brother away with a flick. “Oh, Rebel, can I at least try some sherbet?” Dave asked. “You have your raspberry liquorice,” Rebel replied with a slight grunt.
Soon, they found themselves inside the Pineapple Temple. Everywhere they looked saw lava, the warm embers glowing in the humid air. A sweet tropical smell filled their nostrils. Psycho Pineapple put on the super glasses and focused on the crack in the wall. He waited a couple of seconds, then handed them to Dragon Fox, who gave it to Rory, who passed it to Star, who dropped them on Rebel who threw them at Dave, who put the super glasses on. With them, he heard cackling, “GET REVENGE ON THE HUMANS!” THEY EAT US, WE EAT THEM!” “TAKE OVER THE WORLD!” “I’d like one with marshmallows and a bottle of humanade, please.” Well, that last one wasn’t so bad, except for the humanade part, thought Dave. He removed the glasses and glanced at the others. “Guys, we got to help the human race.” he exclaimed.
The group tiptoed along. Rory was flapping the dust out of his hat designed for him, as he was not a human, he is a chameleon and we all know chameleons cannot wear just any hat. But Dave and Rebel were bored. So they slipped into a dark crevice and explored. But the entrance was closed. “Rebel, stop tapping me.” “It’s not me. Why are you poking me?” Then, Dave turned on a torch. He wished he hadn’t. There was an army of mutant pineapples around them. “GET THEM!” announced a huge pineapple. “Just for an experiment.” added a little voice who was smiling and winking at them. This was bad. Dave and his sister were carried off into darkness, evil cackles behind them.
Meanwhile, Star, Psycho Pineapple, Rory and Dragon Fox had heard the whole thing. For twenty minutes, they were still and silent. Then, Rory piped up. “Uh oh.” The now “Cherry Ripes with Two Less People” were dragging themselves along, when suddenly, Psycho Pineapple began to slowly transform into a hand grenade. Nobody new why. Then, Star sneezed. And coughed. And threw up the remains of her breakfast. She had discovered she was allergic to grenades and had a tantrum. “PSYCHO PINEAPPLE IS MY BEST FRIEND! WHY AM I ALLERGIC TO HIM? GRRRR!” she yelled. This went on for a moment or so, until Dragon fox attempted to comfort her. “At least we haven’t pulled the pin. Wait, Rory! Move away from the pin on Psycho Pineapple!” she yelled. Too late. Psycho Pineapple exploded, but back into, well, a pineapple. And actually, Psycho Pineapple was smarter. Yes. Smart Psycho Pineapple. Hard to believe.
Soon, Star had an idea. Whispering, she sent Dragon Fox and Rory with the super glasses to entertain the pineapples. The pineapples were very entertained and dropped Dave and Rebel with a thud. Dave got up, but Rebel did not. Dave looked puzzled. “Rebel?” Dave put his heart on his sister’s chest. No movement. “REBEL!” he cried, bursting into tears. “HA! TRICKED YOU!” Rebel laughed, springing up. Dave frowned. Suddenly, the pineapples walked towards Psycho Pineapple and waved a strange flag over his head. “ALL HAIL PSYCHO PINEAPPLE, OUR HERO!” Dave began to snicker and Rebel elbowed him in the ribs. Rebel was always fussy about manners. Soon, Smart Psycho Pineapple beckoned for Star, Dragon Fox, Rory, Dave and Rebel to come. Origami flew everywhere as they walked in and Dave reckoned he saw a flying volcano, but no one believed him. Then, the voice who had talked about the humanade finally said: “Right now, please.” Uh oh…

Thank you for reading. :woo:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[/url]
Sig credit to Rosehill,
Hello, I love the colour mint green.
And writing.
And dragons.
And foxes
Thank you.
Image[/center]

Return to “Tea House”