Finals.

This forum is for serious discussions of any kind.

Moderator: Hall of Speakers Moderators

wheatleyd18
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Finals.

Post by wheatleyd18 »

So for students having to take finals either this week, last week, next week, around the corner, in the past, etc., or people who had to take finals:

How were your finals? What was the best final you had? Worst?

Finals for me officially start tomorrow, but I don't like them. Especially the fact that I have a final in PE, when we didn't even learn anything. My teacher literally just gave us a ball or something and told us "Go play". I just walked every day all semester.

Why do we have a final, or even, why must we be graded for being physically active? I'm sorry, but I physically cannot run due to the fact my lungs cannot hold much air. But yet I can't get a doctors note to not run because I don't have asthma.
liga
CreaturesTrade

Re: Finals.

Post by liga »

Mine start next week. I have been very attentive this year but still it's kinda scary and I hope all goes well.
Brynmala
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Brynmala »

I'm not doing finals, but I am sitting an exam next week, the first one I've done in 25 years, which is very scary. I'm not sure I can write for 3 hours straight any more, and I'm so used to using word processors that actually constructing a coherent argument for an essay straight off is a bit daunting too. Still, it'll be over when its over...
Thank you to everyone who gifted me :)
Image "Just one small aubergine..."

RIP Phoebe (avatar cat) - 1995 - 2nd June 2012

nice ninjas?
Spoiler
Mine:
Sitting:

For Sale, Gender swap PM me to discuss.
wheatleyd18
CreaturesTrade

Post by wheatleyd18 »

liga wrote:Mine start next week. I have been very attentive this year but still it's kinda scary and I hope all goes well.
Same! I bet you'll do great! Good luck! <3
PeterCamenzind
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by PeterCamenzind »

I have exams (or finals? I'm not sure which English term applies to university exams) on 10.06., 13.06, 15.06. and 01.07. Two of them are in Norwegian and I've been extremely inattentive (one of the teachers has seen me twice for two semesters). So the Norwegian exams won't go well. The one on the first of July is in Norwegian nominal morphology and I really need to pass that since I already failed Norwegian phonology... I hate exam-time.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Skunky
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Skunky »

I recently graduated high school and am going into college
best final ever was in number theory, it was more of a debate and our teacher liked all of us so no one ever had below an 80
another final I had was literally fill in the blanks, so you had to pay attention (which was easy for me),

My worst final was probably in AP chem, AP Physics was also bad because our teacher gave us this thick packet to do over spring break and I did do it, with the help of the trusty internet, so I did look over this packet a lot and I did try to work some of the problems
So he gives us the final, guess what? It's the exact same packet he gave us over spring break.
Great. I am not going to do well. Turns out it was the highest score I had ever received on any if his tests. :p And that was only because I actually did the packet and memorized the answers! So that score helped my grade a lot and I am grateful for that test even though I felt bad like I could've done more.
A lot of the AP classes I took were demanding and required serious effort so I'm just glad that I made it through. But I know college will be a lot harder.
So my highschool lets us exempt our last semester finals as seniors if you have good grades and a certain GPA, so I exempted and it was great!
Brynmala
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Brynmala »

Brynmala wrote:I'm not doing finals, but I am sitting an exam next week, the first one I've done in 25 years, which is very scary. I'm not sure I can write for 3 hours straight any more, and I'm so used to using word processors that actually constructing a coherent argument for an essay straight off is a bit daunting too. Still, it'll be over when its over...
Well, I got a distinction, which I'm thrilled to bits about. The exam was in history of medicine, and equivalent to half of a 2nd year university course. I did it in my 'spare' time so I'm pleased it went well. Onwards now with 3rd year level work, just 5 more years before I get the degree!
Thank you to everyone who gifted me :)
Image "Just one small aubergine..."

RIP Phoebe (avatar cat) - 1995 - 2nd June 2012

nice ninjas?
Spoiler
Mine:
Sitting:

For Sale, Gender swap PM me to discuss.

Return to “Hall of Speakers”