A forum for OOC threads

Moderator: Roleplay Stage Moderators

Forum rules
Roleplay Stage rules
Duragi
CreaturesTrade

"Dark Escape" Backstage

Post by Duragi »

So, for that creepy Roleplay meant for busier people, I have created a backstage area. For ease of communication.

Roleplay: 23-roleplay-stage/204476-dark-escape-an ... forms.html

I will also put notes and such nonsense here.
DaedAir
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: "Dark Escape" Backstage

Post by DaedAir »

Glad that we might be starting!! :)
ON A HIATUS DUE TO RL CRAP. ALL SERVICES CONDUCTED BY ME (DaedAir) ARE HEREBY SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Duragi
CreaturesTrade

Post by Duragi »

Same here. Gotta work on that map, though.

But I will be working on my starting post, probably before or after I work tomorrow (9:00am to 7:30pm, oh joy.)
It's like, I should sleep, but I'm totally not tired.
DaedAir
CreaturesTrade

Post by DaedAir »

For now since it's just an intro post, i think we'll be ok without the maps. But once we get going...we'll need them.

What....errr...where are we starting out in this tower?? At the very bottom level, somewhere in the middle??

Also...are inmates allowed to roam freely about the Tower? Or are they locked up in cells like prisons??

One last question: How dark is it in the tower?? Is it candle lit (some reason this appeals to me more)?? Or does it have modern day lighting??

Sorry for the bunch of questions!! Get some sleep!! Have fun (if one can) at work. I know the feeling.
ON A HIATUS DUE TO RL CRAP. ALL SERVICES CONDUCTED BY ME (DaedAir) ARE HEREBY SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Duragi
CreaturesTrade

Post by Duragi »

So, our characters would normally just be a few floors down, since they are considered "Just barely" fitting requirements.

Something flipped the tower, so everything is flip flopped. They have to go up to make it out. But what was once up is now down, if that makes sense.
So, to make it as simple as possible, you're going upstairs. You're at the bottom. You know it flipped because you sorta felt it before some sort of gravity put you right.

On your particular floor(starting floor), there were cages meant to fit 5 people each, and a sort of milling about area in the middle, where you could walk around. On the next few floors, see the map I made(real simple site). Many cages that can be opened and close by levers and gears. They could mill about, but it was more restricted.
Following that, It is solitary confinement. People too bad for previous floors, but who don't meet the criteria for the following floors. You will see lines of Cells, opened. Many a dead guard.
Then, in the following floors, even movement is restricted. I won't go into details because I could go on and on about it. It gets more dangerous as you go up. It'll seem less like a prison, and more like a vault. Then it'll seem like a magical laboratory with mad experiments. And you'll see the things that prompted people to make a thing such as the tower. Things meant to be at the bottom.

SO, to answer your question, No. They could not roam freely through the tower. In fact, your characters have no idea what is in the tower beyond their floor. But, since this whole jailbreak thing, now they must work their way to freedom.

Candle lit. Some floors are lit by magic, however. And some floors aren't lit at all.

Actually, questions are good.
I work at an amusement park taking pictures. It is currently our off season. So I sit and wait.
DaedAir
CreaturesTrade

Post by DaedAir »

Ok. that all makes sense. Thank you.
Glad to know I can keep you busy with questions. Lol.
But that's gotta be really boring waiting all day for someone, if it's your off season.
I work at a sandwich shop that's located off a highway, with minimal signage, and located in a small basin (pretty much a bowl shaped impression in the ground). So we aren't really all that visible. I know how slow can be.

The other question I have is on your map. I just need some clarification on some things cause it's a bit confusing to me (I'm so sorry).

So the circles that look like octagons are rocks, yes?
The lone circle in what looks like hallway is the guard, yes?
And the three small circles bundled together are the inmates, yeah?
And we'll be entering at the top left stairwell and exiting in the bottom right stairwell, correct?
Duragi
CreaturesTrade

Post by Duragi »

The thing is, the factory that is my brain functions on questions. So actually, some of the stuff I don't realize is part of the canon until the question is asked. Most stuff I have pre-worked out, though.

Today there was actually a plot twist. We had a schoolgroup come in. Time passed quicker with them. Ah, that sounds rough. I work in a giant upside down building, so we get noticed.

All good questions.
Psh, so crass. They are boulders, thank you very much. :yarly:
Yes. The very scared guard. The white lines you see are windows covered in blood. Just a little detail.
Yes, they represent the inmates. They are bickering because two are scared of what may have created a hole in the wall to the stairs.
That is where you are wrong. It is the other way around, good sir. But good to ask, I should have mentioned.
DaedAir
CreaturesTrade

Post by DaedAir »

Haha. Sounds like twist to me. Haha, yeah, you guys would get noticed. It's pretty odd and weird to see an upside down building. Might be normal to see one at an amusement park. Wouldn't know, haven't been to one in a few years.

Oh. My bad. Boulders. They are rocky boulders. :P
And ok. Cool. Thank you for answering my questions!! I appreciate it! I think that's all the questions I have for now. I'll let you know if I have any others!

I'm off to bed now. After all, I do have a little one to take care of. :|

:wave:
Duragi
CreaturesTrade

Post by Duragi »

Being an upside down building is our thing, there's multiples in different places. Mostly east coast.
Normal in tourist spots, at least.

Classy, rocky boulders.
Thanks for taking an interest!

Aw, adorable. How old be they?
DaedAir
CreaturesTrade

Post by DaedAir »

I've seen a few upside down buildings here and there (at the Wisconsin Dells for example). Never been in one though. Quite frankly, Dont even know what they are - besides the obvious fact that it is an upside down building.

Classy rocky boulders it is then!

He will be 2 months old on March 11th. Such a sweet little guy.

Return to “Backstage”