Moths to a Flame

This section is for any writing set in a world not of your own making, whether it is the Magistream world or any other.

Moderator: Tea House Moderators

MissMurderPaws
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Moths to a Flame

Post by MissMurderPaws »

Chapter one:
Spoiler
The young Cheska sat just behind her kith, in the safety of the Ancient Oak that protected them. However, something most unsafe had made its way into their haven. A feeder.

Of course, they weren't actually called feeders, but to the Feather-Flame tribe, it was the worst insult you could throw at someglider. A proud ayoti, feeding from the hands of their magi, and terrorizing the forest at all times of the day, as though they owned it.

The hollow broke out in disconcerted chattering. The young dog growled back at his on-lookers. His wildly darting eyes betrayed his fear. Slowly, a tide of jeers broke at his back, and the intruders ears fell flat against his skull.

He nervously pawed the ground with his fore, and tried to keep his fur settled as best as he could. Cheska felt a trace of pity for him. He didn't look much older than she. But weakness could not be tolerated before the enemy.

The Grand Flame appeared from the ledge of his knot-hole. He cast a silencing glance around the inside of his hollow. At noise ceased, aside from the fearful shuffling of the intruder.

"What have the Dusk-Tails to say to us, young intruder." He called down, contemptuously pinning the intruder to his spot with his razor glare. Cheska shuffled her fores, well away of how much the old Glider's gaze could rake the fur from your back.

"W-We are taking the whole of the eastern boarder, just beyond the Glade for our own, Sap-sucker!" He cried out to the crowd as a whole. A smattering of angry chatter broke out among the ranks. "We don't need your precious sap, your syrups, or your hives. We don't eat your deviant meals. So, we will take the glade, which is rich in what we eat, and leave you with your trees."

"That is a bold declaration, courier." The Flame growled, his deep voice graveled with years of age. "On what grounds can you, a lone glider, make it?" He boomed a chuckle, unsettling the young dog.

"We will take back what is ours." He squeaked back, though less sure of himself. "We have a new advantage that you've never even heard of before, patch-fur." He spat out an insult. Cheska's family was astonished by his nerve. Did Dusk-Tail's not teach their youth respect? Especially to an elder!

"I grow weary of your impudence. Your missive is noted, and I and my council shall discuss it further." He shook his head.

His gliders looked on it awe. Surely he'd punish the wicked intruder for his discourtesy!

The dog looked on, confusion evident, relief swelling. "S-so that's it then?" He asked. "Do you have a return for the True Blood King?" He asked, pompously. It must have been his first delivery.

"Oh, of course I do, young loud-mouth. But you're not going to deliver it." The Grande Flame chuckled. All the gliders in the hollow waned, their fur slipping down against their bodies, making them appear collectively smaller.

"What?" He asked, looking up at him, wide eyed.

"Sentinels, give him to the shadows."
I try to return clicks! Thank you so much for any clicks!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Live for Dethklok. Die for Dethklok.
Mother of Monsters DiscordMy F2U Base Library

Return to “The Den”