Paris Attacks

This forum is for serious discussions of any kind.

Moderator: Hall of Speakers Moderators

ShidoHogosha
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Paris Attacks

Post by ShidoHogosha »

Some 100+ people are dead in Paris after terrorist attacks occurred in multiple locations including a shooting at a restaurant, a suicide bombing at a stadium where there was a friendly soccer game between France and Germany (at which the Pres. of France was attending), and a shooting in the Bataclan concert hall where an American rock band was performing. This began at around 5 PM Eastern time, roughly midnight in Paris. The shooting in Bataclan ended a few moments ago when French authorities stormed the theater and took down the two gunmen who had been killing the hostages that weren't able to escape one by one. One man claiming that he was with two other men, all of whom were Syrian and a part ISIS, was arrested. The truthfulness of his claim is unknown at this time. Police say that the inside of the theater was complete carnage, bodies and blood everywhere. France has been completely shut down, borders closed, checkpoints up, and the first mandatory curfew since the height of WWII.
Clicks Please~ (eggs to hatchling only if you don't mind)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Image Raiju guard my keep. Approach with caution.Image
What you care for, you'll fight for. Being a soldier's wife is no picnic...
"You can't water down medicine and then be surprised when it doesn't work."
sellerie
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: Paris Attacks

Post by sellerie »

Such horrible news. Still waiting for news from friends who have family in Paris. Hoping all of them are safe.
#
Hatchling Only: ImageImageImageImageImageImage Thank you. <3
My Wishlist || Thank you!
sellerie's Lineage Cavern
22/25
ShidoHogosha
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by ShidoHogosha »

Recent news reports say that there are at least 158 confirmed dead, over 100 of which were killed in the concert hall. Furthermore, earlier witness reports from those who had escaped said that there were believed to be two assailants committing the murder in the hall. Police have confirmed that there were actually four of them, three of which detonated suicide vests when police stormed the hall and the fourth was shot before detonating his as well. There were a total of 8 terrorists involved in the attacks which occurred at 6 different locations, 7 of whom are believed to have been suicide bombers. At least 200 are injured, 80 seriously. The death toll is expected to rise and several other countries, including the USA and China, are siding with France to help them improve their security measures. Multiple landmarks (like the world trading center in the USA) have displayed lights in the colors of France's flag in honor of the innocent lives who were cut short by this unprecedented attack.
Clicks Please~ (eggs to hatchling only if you don't mind)
Image Raiju guard my keep. Approach with caution.Image
What you care for, you'll fight for. Being a soldier's wife is no picnic...
"You can't water down medicine and then be surprised when it doesn't work."
BradTheMad
HS Moderator
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by BradTheMad »

Crazy times, so many things happened all over the world because of terrorism. All the more reason we should stand firmly together rather than blaming a people/religion/country/whatever.
I am kind of worried to be honest. People are really angry and anger has never been a good motivator...hopefully they catch the guy who is still one the run now.
Meddle not in the affairs of Decepticons
for you are squishy and make really funny noises when violently deactivated.
Meo
CreaturesTrade

Post by Meo »

Rest in peace, poor brave souls... Their families and friends are in my thoughts, I hope they can find peace after this horrible tragedy.
Help my children grow? c: I click back! ^^
NYRanger
CreaturesTrade

Post by NYRanger »

I hope Paris can rebuild after this and R.I.P. everyone who died that day

Mod edit: Eggspam removed
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lokisaurus
CreaturesTrade

Post by lokisaurus »

It's absolutely horrible what has happened! I only wish these attacks can be neutralized before they fall upon other places, and I mourn with the families that have lost fathers, mothers, and children.
loki - they/them - adult
i breed direcore, feel free to ask for one

Return to “Hall of Speakers”