How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Rainwater
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by Rainwater »

Totality was so awesome! I even saw a few stars/planets during that time. Despite the miserable drive home due to traffic, I am so glad I went to my hometown to see it.
Image <3 Image <3 Image <3 Image Eggs for clicking! :look:ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

Drove to Ohio for the eclipse and the weather there decided to cooperate, fortunately! Had a good mix of people who'd done 2017 and those who hadn't, which was funny because it was very easy to tell which people were experiencing it for the first time as it happened. Totality really is something else. This year there was a solar storm near the bottom of the sun, which was especially cool because it meant there was an orange spot at the bottom of the corona.
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon
TheTreeTurtle
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by TheTreeTurtle »

I really wish I had got to see the eclipse. My hometown was in totality, but I could not justify paying $1,800 for a round-trip flight just to line up the eclipse and visiting family, especially since I got to see the one in 2017. The photos have been spectacular though! My sister FaceTimed me right as the moon was moving on out of the way, but she said even she missed totality because she had gotten really invested in vacuuming lmao
VilaWolf
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Location: Library of Daninsky's Castle. 50% of my posts are sarcastic.

Post by VilaWolf »

That moment when covid math hits and you really, fully, realize that you are a year older then you thought you were.....
Spoiler
In my case...... ON JUNE 8TH MY IDIOT ASS WILL BE 40.

HOW THE **** HAVE I DOUBLED WHEN I THOUGHT I WOULD DIE. MY IDIOT SELF.

It just goes to show you.... I'm a fucking moron obsessed with story telling. You can do si much more than me. You are already stronger than I am ..

Dark Guild Will Trade For Water / Herb Guild Pets.
Egglocked? PM your codes, I'll Help. Free.
When Pigs Fly, Carry an Umbrella.
My Wish List
Last year all the Decessus were named after Haunted Chateaus. This year; Lost Media.
Vrjn
CreaturesTrade

Post by Vrjn »

Day has been fine so far, I'm just bored to the max and trying to kill time until the evening. :')
Maybe later I'll get motivation to study.
♡ Vrjn ~ she/her ~ MST +6h ♡
ImageImageImage
~ ♡ ~
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Merkwerkee
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Merkwerkee »

Ugh I ache

Got a lumber delivery in yesterday, so I started measuring and cutting wood to frame up an enclosure for my chickens. Got one and a half of the end frames done before my wrist decided that we weren't going to be holding the drill any more that day, actually.

To be fair, I actually got two and a half frames done but the first frame fell apart like some sort of stupid cartoon because 2" screws weren't long enough.

That being said, I have to finish this frame, make the door, and the screw the long pieces in and then staple chicken wire to it. That's 40 more screws, and then stapling. and then I gotta put together the raised beds with the rest of the lumber - 4'x8' so nothing fancy but it's gonna take a lot more sawing.

I just woke up and I'm so tired

The Shattered Compass
I do free CSS
Sig Set By Incandescence
Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

I planted a few tomato seeds and yesterday night I found little tiny sprouts! Today they've fully sprouted and opened their leaves. So excited to try actually growing things on my balcony this year! Now I just need to obtain bigger pots and some tomato fertilizer, which should also be useable on my dahlias. The cuttings I got are growing nicely. Still waiting on the one tuber I've planted so far to push its sprout above the soil, and still waiting on getting more pots so I can plant my other tuber, and still waiting on my first order of tubers to be sent out at the end of this month.

On a more horrifying note, apparently the USDA zone my area is in has shifted twice within my lifetime alone. That's 20 degrees warmer on average now than when I was born. I'm not even that old!
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon
TheWolfieNebula
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by TheWolfieNebula »

It’s crazy to think that tomorrow I’ll be moving into a rented house :t-woo:

It’s been a long journey - I’m in a room in a shared house, that I moved into suddenly after being kicked out by my ex at the tail end of COVID. I’ve never loved it here; my autism made it hard to deal with so many people, and the vast majority of my stuff has been in storage for years. But it’s been a roof over my head and the local cats has made it more pleasant ;)

But tomorrow I start the process of moving with someone I’ve known for years. After feeling like my life has been on pause for a few years, I finally feel like I’m loving forward :woo:
Sometimes a sparkle-fennec fox, sometimes a werewolf, always a nerd. My timezone is BST Current Breeding Projects: Ammits and Capricorns!

Fav Creatures!:
I love any wolf/dog/canid creatures the absolute mostest!!

Others:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Image Image
TheTreeTurtle
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by TheTreeTurtle »

TheWolfieNebula wrote: April 11th, 2024, 5:52:46 pm It’s crazy to think that tomorrow I’ll be moving into a rented house :t-woo:

It’s been a long journey - I’m in a room in a shared house, that I moved into suddenly after being kicked out by my ex at the tail end of COVID. I’ve never loved it here; my autism made it hard to deal with so many people, and the vast majority of my stuff has been in storage for years. But it’s been a roof over my head and the local cats has made it more pleasant ;)

But tomorrow I start the process of moving with someone I’ve known for years. After feeling like my life has been on pause for a few years, I finally feel like I’m loving forward :woo:
Reading this feels so great! That's awesome ^.^
SirChicken
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by SirChicken »

Apple River trial stuff
Spoiler
Went down the youtube rabbit hole about the Apple River stabbings and now I'm wide awake. I kept getting recommended videos from the trial and thought "Eh, why not? I'll hear the verdict" ... And then I saw the amount of dislikes, which had me wondering why. Lots of people calling him justifiable and pointing blame at a bunch of drunk/high teenagers. Decided to watch some testimonies to figure out what the deal was.

This guy was harassed and called vulgar things, physically assaulted and relentlessly ganged up on, and repeatedly pushed into the water. Him using a knife for self defense was definitely warranted, at least in my opinion. I hardly feel sorry for any of the teens after watching the video. Any loss of life is terrible, and holding your spilling intestines in your own hands is frankly horrifically traumatizing. But they were already assaulting the man before he attacked the knife.

~*~*~ Play stupid games, win stupid prizes ~*~*~

Idk... Also, I don't agree with what the man did after the fact, especially lying about what happened. I think he would have a solid defense if he just stuck to his story and hiring a good lawyer. I also think he should have just walked away the moment that group started mouthing him. Intoxication and violence is never a good combo.

No winners here I suppose.
Please help my babies grow C:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Community Discussion”