How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
PKGriffin
Site Moderator
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by PKGriffin »

-------------------------
ImageImageImageImage
SirChicken
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by SirChicken »

TOMORROW BABY! :woo:

I cannot wait to be liberated from the shitshow presidency. I pray that everything goes smoothly, both at the capital and all across the nation.

Also the memorial at the National Mall to honor the 400k+ lives lost to covid was truly touching and emotional. What's sad is that it took this long for this nation to recognize how many lives have been tragically lost, and how many could have been spared if the country hadn't taken the virus' lethality with a grain of salt. I'm so glad we have a president and administration coming into office that believes the science behind combating covid and is going to push for it to be taken seriously. I can't wait for life to go back to some normalcy in the coming months.
Please help my babies grow C:
ImageImageImageImageImage
pegasi1978
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by pegasi1978 »

I need to find something new to read. I had been reading the From a Certain Point of View (Empire Strikes Back edition) up until the insurrection. Ever since then I just can't get back into the stories. It's an awesome concept, 40 short stories that tell part of the ESB story from a non-main character (for the scene) POV. They did it for the 40th Anniversary of A New Hope and I hope the repeat it in a few years for Return of the Jedi as well.

I don't quite want to go to the other book I had been rereading Drums of Autumn (Outlander book 4) because the main characters are dealing with life in America a few years before the Revolution. I just need a break from politics in my fiction for a bit.

Nothing has been jumping out at me. I thought about heading back into the Dresden Files since I have the first seven books both physically and on my Kindle. I need to pick up the rest of the series on the Kindle and would give me a chance to read the last few that came out that I didn't pick up physically...I think the last one I got was Changes.
| Wishlist in profile | Avatar by Munin!
Danafox
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Danafox »

Spoiler
Today is mom's birthday. :t-puppyeyes: Hubby and I lit some incense and a candle in her memory. It's going to be two years in the last days of March. Still can't believe she's been gone this long already. Dad's memorial is in two more days, and it's going to be 5 years for him. Time passes so fast right now and it feels like not so long ago, time was slower than a snail and that I was so miserable and unhappy with my life.

I'm so grateful those days are over and that slowly but surely things just keep getting better for us.
Last edited by Danafox on January 21st, 2021, 1:49:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dana's Sales Bin
LTT Donis for Below1Percent

Thank you to all my gifters! <3
Sharl
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Sharl »

SirChicken wrote:TOMORROW BABY! :woo:

I cannot wait to be liberated from the shitshow presidency. I pray that everything goes smoothly, both at the capital and all across the nation.

Also the memorial at the National Mall to honor the 400k+ lives lost to covid was truly touching and emotional. What's sad is that it took this long for this nation to recognize how many lives have been tragically lost, and how many could have been spared if the country hadn't taken the virus' lethality with a grain of salt. I'm so glad we have a president and administration coming into office that believes the science behind combating covid and is going to push for it to be taken seriously. I can't wait for life to go back to some normalcy in the coming months.
Oh my gods, HARD SAME. I just hope nothing else stupid happens re: the MAGA cult
http://magistream.com/user/Sharl
From childhood’s hour I have not been
As others were—I have not seen
As others saw—I could not bring
My passions from a common spring—
Edgar Allan Poe, 'Alone'

jessk
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by jessk »

Danafox wrote:
Spoiler
:t-puppyeyes: Today is mom's birthday. Hubby and I lit some incense and a candle in her memory. It's going to be two years in the last days of March. Still can't believe she's been gone this long already. Dad's memorial is in two more days, and it's going to be 5 years for him. Time passes so fast right now and it feels like not so long ago, time was slower than a snail and that I was so miserable and unhappy with my life.

I'm so grateful those days are over and that slowly but surely things just keep getting better for us.
:t-hugs: <3
Merkwerkee
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Merkwerkee »

Danafox wrote:
Spoiler
:t-puppyeyes: Today is mom's birthday. Hubby and I lit some incense and a candle in her memory. It's going to be two years in the last days of March. Still can't believe she's been gone this long already. Dad's memorial is in two more days, and it's going to be 5 years for him. Time passes so fast right now and it feels like not so long ago, time was slower than a snail and that I was so miserable and unhappy with my life.

:t-hugs:

The Shattered Compass
I do free CSS
Sig Set By Incandescence
HobbitFeet
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by HobbitFeet »

I remember the big stink people made when these guys were released - said they were too unrealistic, even for a fantasy forum.

Jokes on them.
My Pokefarm!
Join me on Xanje!
Wishlist

☆·•●☽~Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?~☾●•·☆
Solbrekt
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by Solbrekt »

i mean they're far from my personal list of favorites on the site, but... too unrealistic for fantasy?
a genre where animate cookingware and creatures spewing literal fire from their faces unharmed is well within the lines of reason, but a smaller version of an animal that actually exists is too unrealistic
QueenoftheRabbits
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by QueenoftheRabbits »

someone keeps stealing packages from my apartment building. like going into the building. taking the stuff out of the boxes. leaving the boxes. and then doing god knows what with the random stuff they're taking. they took a bag of kitty litter?? and a rabbit bed?? what are they planning to do with those?? it would be kind of comical if i hadn't lost like $100 worth of stuff already. i'm hoping the other people who live in my building haven't had anything too important stolen too.
member of the artificer's association and the dark brotherhood, happy to get creatures for you, details on my profile wishlist pie head

Return to “Community Discussion”