How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
TheTreeTurtle
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by TheTreeTurtle »

Rainwater wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 2:00:49 pm Enjoying a nice, quiet day with a coconut lemonade after the hell that was work yesterday. I just wanted a nice, easy day at work, and boy did that NOT happen!
I'm doing the same today with iced coffee :lol:

I keep reminding myself to stop hoping for easy days at work because they end up seeming to be the most wild - I had to go to a local high school yesterday to do a presentation and made my grand entrance launching a full coffee onto the carpeted library floor D:
EstherGamer
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by EstherGamer »

TheTreeTurtle wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 2:03:41 pm
Rainwater wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 2:00:49 pm Enjoying a nice, quiet day with a coconut lemonade after the hell that was work yesterday. I just wanted a nice, easy day at work, and boy did that NOT happen!

I keep reminding myself to stop hoping for easy days at work because they end up seeming to be the most wild - I had to go to a local high school yesterday to do a presentation and made my grand entrance launching a full coffee onto the carpeted library floor D:
Can I have my clumsiness back? I was wondering where that went after I dropped my controller (it didn't break, don't worry). /j

Sorry to hear about that coffee by the way.
TCF Profile: Here
If I'm in a RP here and stop replying without warning, message me on TCF because it's the fastest way to contact me
PFP is an edited version of Shaymin Sky's portrait from PMD:Explorers of Sky, I edited it myself
Life's a mess right now, go easy on me
Revan
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Revan »

EstherGamer wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 4:51:45 pm
TheTreeTurtle wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 2:03:41 pm

Can I have my clumsiness back? I was wondering where that went after I dropped my controller (it didn't break, don't worry). /j

Sorry to hear about that coffee by the way.
Have mine. I'm done getting bruised from all the doors and cabinets I've opened and smacked myself in the face with this week. :derp:

RIP to that coffee, @TheTreeTurtle . D:

So, I ended up traveling spontaneously out of town again today. I was out yesterday to pick up my re-painted painted car, and on the way home, I picked up a few baby chickens. Being a crazy chicken lady, I got so excited I posted a pic of them online, and my one friend was just immediately in love and wanted to name one.
That same chick literally died suddenly on me an hour later. :t-cry:
My friend has just been going through so much recently, dealing with depression, lost her dog, and a bunch of other stuff, and I just couldn't bear to tell her the one chick she had named had died (and none of the others looked even remotely close in coloring). I literally ran around like a loon today to find an identical chick to replace it so I wouldn't have to tell her.
Thankfully, I found some. I ended up getting extras just in case.
Need hatchlings?
Come visit The Hatchery!

Free Lineages!

If you visit my Keep, beware. I hoard owls. I am not responsible for any pecked out eyeballs or loss of fingers that may occur.
Wishlist :orly:
Soleil
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Soleil »

Merkwerkee wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 2:16:51 pm
Soleil wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 9:43:41 am
Merkwerkee wrote: February 13th, 2024, 12:10:47 am

Still got the SO or are you moving on to bigger and better things solo?
A MONTH LATER. :roll: :lol: I still have him, we're actually married haha

It's honestly a bit of a "marriage of convenience" because while neither of us truly believe in marriage, it helps us move together because his visas will forever be tied to mine. Since I get my visas from my work, he will be guaranteed a visa no matter where we go. Eventually we plan on coming back to the US for the "mandatory 3 years" to get his citizenship. African passports are not respected basically world-wide so if he gets a US passport it'll be so much easier for us to travel together.

and we adopted a dog! So that's the newest big thing in my life... well small thing. He's a 9lb toy poodle mutt.

The negative is that moving countries with the dog will cost a total of around $10k USD. I am stressed about the financials and being in debt come August, but it is inevitable. I've had some people donate small bits to me, which is very helpful.
Ay, congrats! Always good to know you've got an adventure buddy on lock. Fingers crossed the financials work out
Thank you! I hope it works out as well. I mean honestly I have enough credit card limits that I can take it on, but I'm just getting down on myself about racking up so much debt while changing jobs/countries. I made a little paypal fundraiser, but honestly I know a lot of my friends and family are in difficult financial situations so I feel very uncomfortable asking anyone for help.

On a positive, we will be spending a month in India over the summer before flying to Tunisia so I can mark off a lot from my bucket list. We are going to stay in northern India and maybe come back in a year or so to do some touristy things in southern India.
Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

Revan wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 11:59:36 pm Er...what the cracker. :derp:

When and why and ....HOW did this even happen? D: D:

Anyone know who I should message about missing critters? Like...not in my Keep missing? D:

EDIT. Oh dear. I think I found a new bug. D:
Definitely PM Rosehill if you think you've found a serious bug! I believe she's taking it easy for a bit after making the latest updates and fixes, but she should still be able to investigate anything that's urgent.
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon
Revan
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Revan »

Kestrad wrote: March 24th, 2024, 1:52:37 am Definitely PM Rosehill if you think you've found a serious bug! I believe she's taking it easy for a bit after making the latest updates and fixes, but she should still be able to investigate anything that's urgent.
I posted in the site bug thread afterwards and she already knows about it. Some rare bug where the trade completes but stuff doesn't transfer. She doesn't know yet what causes it. Thankfully I'll be getting my critter back when she's got the time. ^.^
Need hatchlings?
Come visit The Hatchery!

Free Lineages!

If you visit my Keep, beware. I hoard owls. I am not responsible for any pecked out eyeballs or loss of fingers that may occur.
Wishlist :orly:
crazyflight
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by crazyflight »

MothballMilkshake wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 7:19:22 pm
crazyflight wrote: March 21st, 2024, 10:22:52 am
writing is hard. i've been struggling recently to get the creative juices flowing. especially when i don't have a deadline to motivate me :sweat:
I'm writing again for the first time in quite a few years (Not counting the little one shot competition entries on here) and it's nice.

Sure, the thing I'm writing is fanfiction for an adult cartoon musical, but hey it's WRITING
hey, it's something. you're a good writer too — it's good to flex those muscles to stay in shape, even if it's... fanfic for an adult cartoon musical. which sounds like a lot of fun, by the way.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
always looking to buy streamborn opal and diamond gemstone kirin!
also happy to buy water shop creatures for shop price + 100g for whomever wants!
<3 <3 <3
EstherGamer
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by EstherGamer »

Extremely demotivated for basically any creative work right now, and it's not helping with how bad this week's gonna be for my mental health.
And pretty much everything went badly today, to add to the suffering.
TCF Profile: Here
If I'm in a RP here and stop replying without warning, message me on TCF because it's the fastest way to contact me
PFP is an edited version of Shaymin Sky's portrait from PMD:Explorers of Sky, I edited it myself
Life's a mess right now, go easy on me
MothballMilkshake
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by MothballMilkshake »

crazyflight wrote: March 25th, 2024, 3:15:14 pm
MothballMilkshake wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 7:19:22 pm
crazyflight wrote: March 21st, 2024, 10:22:52 am
writing is hard. i've been struggling recently to get the creative juices flowing. especially when i don't have a deadline to motivate me :sweat:
I'm writing again for the first time in quite a few years (Not counting the little one shot competition entries on here) and it's nice.

Sure, the thing I'm writing is fanfiction for an adult cartoon musical, but hey it's WRITING
hey, it's something. you're a good writer too — it's good to flex those muscles to stay in shape, even if it's... fanfic for an adult cartoon musical. which sounds like a lot of fun, by the way.
Oh, so fun. It's Hazbin Hotel on Amazon Prime and I guess I'm deep in the hyperfixation at this point, no point denying it. And thank you for saying I am a good writer <3
ImageImage My babies thank you
ImageImageImage
Member of the Watershop. Shop price+300, I can get you your creatures! Creatures for sale in my extra and SALE tabs, PM me
kunigund
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by kunigund »

Last week I was on a business tip and I fell ill on the way back. Still ill as of now. Awesome. :t--.-:

Return to “Community Discussion”