The Magiscribes Guild(All writers welcome!)

The place to converse with other members of a guild or club.
Tails
CreaturesTrade

Re: The Magiscribes Guild(All writers welcome!)

Post by Tails »

I want to join!
Username: Tails
Pen/Artist name: I don't really have one...
Stories you've done: *blinks* Can I post them here? Because I have never posted them online.
Anything we need to know?: I'm shy about sharing stories. Sometimes I don't take criticism well.
Other: The answer
My answer: Both make screeching sounds when moved.
MissMurderPaws
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by MissMurderPaws »

Welcome Tails :D
I try to return clicks! Thank you so much for any clicks!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Live for Dethklok. Die for Dethklok.
Mother of Monsters DiscordMy F2U Base Library
Cyrelijean
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Cyrelijean »

I want to join!
Username: Cyrelijean
Pen/Artist name: Evil Overlord! Nah but really, people just call me Jean.
Stories you've done: Never actually posted anything online. Yet. It'll happen sometime.
Anything we need to know?: I'm extremely shy about letting people read what I write, I can take criticism if it's well worded and thought through. If it’s just "ermagerd is bad lol" I'll be salty.
Other: I haven't got the foggiest. How exactly IS a bird like a piece of furniture?
MissMurderPaws
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by MissMurderPaws »

Welcome :D man, now I gotta update the members list. Any cool stuff either of you are working on?
Cyrelijean
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Cyrelijean »

Thanks, this guild is awesome. Just saying. :yarly:

And not currently, what with Camp NaNo in the works. Which I should totally catch up on, oops. But once Camp is over I've got a few short stories planned. Nothing much, just some every-day kind of magi life stuff.

Though, if I can find the story I wrote for a competition, I might post it. It was years ago, though.
MissMurderPaws
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by MissMurderPaws »

I've been wanting to do a Magi story, but I'm so bad at thinking up ideas for concepts, that it's taking me forever. I do have like, a ton of ideas that I wrote down, but now have absolutely nothing to do with them anymore XD

What's camp NaNo?
Cyrelijean
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Cyrelijean »

Camp NaNo is this thing where you write a novel through April, and then again in July if you want to do both events. You set your word count and write everu day. Here's the official site, it explains it better than I can. :lol:

There's also NaNoWrimo, it's the same thing but through November and with a fixed word count of 50k.
Tails
CreaturesTrade

Post by Tails »

Cyrelijean wrote:Camp NaNo is this thing where you write a novel through April, and then again in July if you want to do both events. You set your word count and write everu day. Here's the official site, it explains it better than I can. :lol:

There's also NaNoWrimo, it's the same thing but through November and with a fixed word count of 50k.
I completed it :hooray:

I don't really have a cool magi story yet (I have one uncool one though XD ), I'm just using frozen eggs as name placeholders.

Anybody got any ideas for stories? I want to write something but have no idea what to write :orly:
Cyrelijean
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Cyrelijean »

@Tails
Ermagerd, congrats! I'm still scrambling to catch up so I can validate the word count. But this year I shall win! D:

As for stories. I've got my magi self, or sort of self. He is usually the MC of the story because he's tied to my keep and my account and such. But I like to write about how he aquired some of his companions. Or just strange things that happened, or quests or different holidays, or other adventures he goes on in the name of sience and exploration.
Tails
CreaturesTrade

Post by Tails »

I derped this short story totally. *looks and winces inwardly* Wrote this last year when the pandorums came out. Sorry if you guys feel compelled to read the whole thing. I did this in the fifteen minutes when my teacher was not in class :derp:
Spoiler
Her unblinking gaze made him look down. "I'm sorry." Said the gryphon. "Don't be." Came the reply. The pandorum shifted her staff from her left to her right paw. "Our massster won't find out. He never paid much attention to us anyway." In a swift movement, her staff was jabbed at the next creature, a kirin. "Sssooo, Silentssstar, what about you?" The grand red-and-brown kirin pawed at the ground nervously, before declaring, "The Master Is Worried. The Ranks Of The Dark Magi Are Increasing."

"Ah yesss, he'll be rather preoccupied with thisss... sssituation." The pandorum tore off a piece of parchment, and using her staff as a pencil, began to scratch out a crude map. "When the sssun sets, we ssshall assemble..."

Her speech was interrupted by the creak of an opening door and a patter of footsteps. "Syn!" A young mage burst into the room, the light pouring in a stark contrast to its dimness. As the gryphon and kirin slipped away unnoticed, the pandorum hid the paper scrap behind her back. "Yesss, Syn isss here, what isss thy bidding, Massster?"

"Oh god, Syn, thank goodness you're here. You have got to help me." He was looking flustered and brandishing a little bronze medallion, which Syn snatched. "Curiousss... curious..." Syn hissed to herself.

"Well, what is it? I found this hanging off a statue outside. But just in case-"

Syn leapt onto a shelf. "I'll get a friend to take a look at it ssshortly." She then launched herself out of an open window, scaring off a pair of agaori. She hit the ground, not caring to look around. How it had come to her in this way, she had no real idea. That had been one close shave. It was only after clambering up to one of the highest towers, where only the serendins, feline and avian creatures could reach, that she examined the token closely.

On the face, there were several small grooves, and Syn subconsciously trailed one of her long claws down it. She felt a strange tingle, and the medallion seemed to vibrate in her paws. Startled, she released it, to watch it clink down and land squarely in a gutter.

As she reached out to it, a green quetzalcoatl swooped down and fished the medallion out, before flying away with it.

Syn grinned. It was on.

Return to “Guilds Quarter”