Short Story

This section is for any writing set in a world not of your own making, whether it is the Magistream world or any other.

Moderator: Tea House Moderators

QuietCove
CreaturesTrade

Short Story

Post by QuietCove »

[I might continue this later, tell me what you think of it, and perhaps I will! It's based off of the Warriors series, which belongs to Erin Hunter. Enjoy~

"Catch this, Larkkit!"

Larkkit reared up on his hind legs to catch the moss ball Heronkit was about to toss. Though the black-and-white Heronkit had always taunted that he'd never be tall enough to be able to catch the ball, Larkkit ignored him. He was determined to make the leap and snag it. This time, he thought, I'll catch it!

Every hair on his tabby pelt was bushed in anticipation, and his black tail whipped and spiked like gorse in the wind. He kept his blue eyes narrowed, focusing on the moss ball in Heronkit's paws, and paid attention to nothing else.

He felt Leafkit's warm, tortoiseshell fur pressed against his own, and her comforting scent wreathed around him. "I'll catch it if you don't," his sister murmured. Whitekit, Heronkit's sister, was setting next to Beetle, her brother. Whitekit's gray eyes were encouraging, but Beetlekit and Heronkit's amber eyes raked him like claws.

Suddenly, Heronkit whipped around and flung the moss ball, and it sailed straight over Larkkit's head. He stumbled back to catch it, and he tripped himself on a pebble as he was flung, yowling into the bramble bush behind him.
ImageImageImageImage The Night of Misfits has begun!
ImageImage
twinkletalon
CreaturesTrade

Re: Short Story

Post by twinkletalon »

Hey nice story! It's also nice to see another Warriors fan on here :D
It could use a little finishing up, and maybe an extension? Though the interaction and the characters bouncing off each other was done in a manor I would imagine kits going through. But other than that it's a perfectly fine short story that I wish there was more of. :wee: :woo:
QuietCove
CreaturesTrade

Re: Short Story

Post by QuietCove »

D'awww! Thanks! :D
ImageImageImageImage The Night of Misfits has begun!
ImageImage

Return to “The Den”