Moderator: Roleplay Stage Moderators

Forum rules
Roleplay Stage rules
Silvrechan
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Re: Firelight Madness • The Miller's Inn

Post by Silvrechan »

I'm still here, checking in every now and again... school starts for me tomorrow, so I'll probably be a bit more absent then.
I'm no longer active on this site. I'm still around various places as theladysilvre. Thanks for the memories!
Silvereye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade
Location: The Riddermark. For those who are not of the Rohirrim, that's Rohan. *rides away*

Post by Silvereye »

So my net became a battlezone for stability, and it was gone like...all week. But I also started school today, so I won't be on till Friday probably.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Silvereye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade
Location: The Riddermark. For those who are not of the Rohirrim, that's Rohan. *rides away*

Post by Silvereye »

I got suuuuper sick and school sucked, but I finally posted!

Also guys, I'll do Mommy Vampire later, but you have the two major characters up and running now.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Kirorokat1132
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kirorokat1132 »

I'll post in a day or two, then, to give people a chance to go. I'd pretty much forsaken this rp to be honest, but figured a bump couldn't hurt. XD
I really need more active RP's to be in, so if y'all know of any hit me up!
LunaStarlite
CreaturesTrade

Post by LunaStarlite »

Hey guys, nice to talk to you again.

You know, this is gonna sound really pessimistic but would you guys have time and interest for some other rp or if I made my own site like I've mentioned but never acted on, or are we all just sort of becoming busy adults, with work and education and our own projects and like... are we all just going to get busier and busier? I know there's no way I for one can dedicate myself quite as much as I once could and I don't know if I'll ever have that kind of time again, it isn't plausible. I can still dedicate a lot of my time to writing and post in threads a couple times daily if all goes well but I know many people who might like to aren't so lucky, so I'm just wondering, where are we all at? Are we all just at bumpy transitioning phases, will we eventually get back into this? Or are we all just flat out more busy now cause we've grown up? Are we just bored of this rp or have things gone stagnant? I know we need more new passionate people, you can't argue that this site is dying...

I'm happy that we're still posting in this, I'll see if I can post now, but, yeah. What is it we need to get everyone excited about stuff again? Back in the day I remember people would post one after another for hours, and I'd sit on the page refreshing over and over waiting for replies and waiting more than an hour was a long time. Now posts are more of a once a month thing. Do we just not have time for it?
Kirorokat1132
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kirorokat1132 »

Personally, I can make time to check this at least once a day. I'm a full time college student that has to work a minimum of 15 hours a week to get rent paid, so that combined with homework and working on my paintings for art class on my own time, I can't promise actual posts every day, but if my character's being interacted with I would make it a point to get a response out no later than two, three days tops, after the fact. Probably more often, if the other posters are frequent in their activity.

TBH, if you did make a site for rp's, I don't think I would join it. Not out of disinterest or anything, but more the knowledge that people that are actually into RPing are also, apparently, super busy all the time, and the people that have the time to post frequently seem to also get bored quickly and drop out pretty quickly.

In terms of excitement, I really don't know if I can answer that. For me, I lose a lot of motivation to post quickly if I know there's not gonna be a response for weeks at a time. :/
I really need more active RP's to be in, so if y'all know of any hit me up!
Vampirewolf2212
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Vampirewolf2212 »

I'm still here and watching. I am still up for anything though I am working 40 hours a week and a lot of us do seem really busy. Weekends are usually when I am more free and open for posting and rping. I would be up for joining a rp site and get some things rolling. I have a few new characters that I have been wanting to work out and put into action as well as having all of us get back into business with rping, but I know RL comes first and we can't always be here to post every day.
I'm back for a time -smiles- Hello everyone.
▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀ SPREAD THE FAIL WHALE

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Silvrechan
CreaturesTrade

Post by Silvrechan »

I'm still here as well, and plan on replying for Aisling and Cal soon (I still love these characters way too much). Honestly, I've been pretty active recently on another rp site (which y'all should check out if you're into Steven Universe/gemsonas: it's called Order of Amulets, I'm on there as The Lady Silvre) so it wouldn't be that much of a stretch to join another site and be active there as well. I miss rping with you guys, so I'd definitely jump at the chance to get back into some sort of rhythym, but I totally understand that life gets weird, and sometimes stays weird.

It makes me sad that this site really is dying, at least in the way of rp- it's the thing that got me into roleplay.
I'm no longer active on this site. I'm still around various places as theladysilvre. Thanks for the memories!
LunaStarlite
CreaturesTrade

Post by LunaStarlite »

Okay, so then I have at least you two, and I'm sure with enough time I might actually find more people if I wanted to start my own site. Do you two remember Myist and the dragon riders rp I made a while ago? This site I wanna make would be centered around Myist and all its lore I've made up, not just dragon riders but that whole fantasy world, maybe structured vaguely like Valucre, where there's maps and world lore and encyclopedias worth of stuff you can use, but you don't HAVE to use any of it, or you could pick and choose, and there could maybe even be a section for entirely non-Myist related roleplay? I'd also like to try using a dice roller/random number generator system for fights, unless you've had really bad experiences with those? I've heard they usually add some real fun to battles.
I'd like to get together a ton of art for the site to show races and creatures and stuff, but I know that could take forever, maybe I should just start putting it together and get art up piece by piece later?
Right now I'm looking at using pro-boards. I've seen that work really well for other people's forum sites. Ultimately though I know only very basic HTML. I could learn, yeah, but my lack of knowledge could be a real problem.

For the first time I actually have been really really looking into this and considering it seriously, heh.
What about Silver? Cause when you read this Silver I'd really love to see you join too if I make this, but please don't feel pressured like I wanna know honestly would you want to join a new site? Would you be excited for it or just joining cause I asked? I know your internet stability and real life have made it hard to get on with any frequency lately, or at least i have gotten that impression?

Would you guys have friends you could recruit? Cause if I can't find at least like.... five, preferably more like seven people besides myself to start with who would be eager to join and could post at LEAST every other day, I may shelf this plan again for a later time, it would feel pointless to me if I didn't feel like at least a certain amount of people were honestly pumped for this.
I could make a Tumblr blog for it and do little art and lore updates while I get it together. That might gather some interest and publicity and more people interested in joining...
Silvrechan
CreaturesTrade

Post by Silvrechan »

Like I said, I'm currently involved in another really active rp site; I can recruit from there if you'd like! And I remember Myist! Tbh I was always a little disappointed I didn't get to do more with those dragons I designed, they were really cool even if the rider character I had was kind of blah.

Return to “Backstage”