Dreamtime Misfits [CLOSED]

This forum is for art threads giving out adoptables

Moderator: Hall of the Arts Moderators

Silvrechan
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Re: Dreamtime Misfits [Open!]

Post by Silvrechan »

No, I'm working on a set of misfits and the replies. I'm afraid I'm no where near as fast as Swho, not to mention I've been busy lately, so it's definitely not very active around here at the moment. BUT! I'm almost done, so I'll hopefully have everything up by Wednesday, or next Sunday at the latest. Sorry for the delay... :sweat:
I'm no longer active on this site. I'm still around various places as theladysilvre. Thanks for the memories!
MageLorelei
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by MageLorelei »

Silvrechan wrote:No, I'm working on a set of misfits and the replies. I'm afraid I'm no where near as fast as Swho, not to mention I've been busy lately, so it's definitely not very active around here at the moment. BUT! I'm almost done, so I'll hopefully have everything up by Wednesday, or next Sunday at the latest. Sorry for the delay... :sweat:

Take your time. I just didn't want it to be dead, because I would be sad. :derp: Sorry.
Magiversary Wishlist
-----
Icon made with the JRPG Stats Profile on Picrew
-----
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
-----
~~Hatchling Tab, open for clicks!~~
-----
Firebird
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Firebird »

l337Lorelei wrote:
Silvrechan wrote:No, I'm working on a set of misfits and the replies. I'm afraid I'm no where near as fast as Swho, not to mention I've been busy lately, so it's definitely not very active around here at the moment. BUT! I'm almost done, so I'll hopefully have everything up by Wednesday, or next Sunday at the latest. Sorry for the delay... :sweat:

Take your time. I just didn't want it to be dead, because I would be sad. :derp: Sorry.
me too.
ImageImage
Ktanaqui
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Ktanaqui »

Username: Ktanaqui
Items: Patchwork Bottle
Total Price: 500G

---

Ktanaqui settled down next to the two children to wait. She watched them and wondered at their personalities as she suppressed excitement. The two bottles were set in between legs crossed indian-style. Idly, Ktanaqui ran her hands over the two as her imagination created fantastical ideas of adventures with the two children asleep in front of her.

At some point, Ktanaqui curls up next to the two (and around the bottles to protect them from damage) and dozes off.

ImageImage
Silvrechan
CreaturesTrade

Post by Silvrechan »

All right, here's the promised update! Sorry, so sorry that it took so long. I just finished the misfits for today, and there won't be any new bottles, but nonetheless! It's an update! Anyways, I've messaged Swho, but I'm going to put the misfits here for now so you guys can get them asap. Enjoy!

Misfits
There is one misfit awaiting adoption right now!
There is one female adult.

Seraphina
Adoption Cost: 2k

Rufus
Adopted!
Pending for Duragi

Faith
Adopted!
Pending for Firebird

L337Lorelai
Spoiler
You are still tugging desperately at your misfits when a rustling noise at your feet. Or maybe it came from the now eerily shadowed piles of lost things, you really couldn't tell. Either way, you freeze, straining your ears to catch a repeat of the elusive sound. There it is again! A rustling at your feet, and this time, a tug at your hand. You yelp and pull away, overbalancing and finding yourself on the ground, stinging from the fall. Then, out of the darkness, a shape rises. A bright orange shape.

Your racing heart slowed suddenly and you let out a relieved breath as you recognize Connor, now awakened, his jacket a fluorescent traffic cone orange.
"Why're you on the ground?" he asked, crawling towards you. He looks solidly built, and his presence is reassuring, almost as if he had awoken specifically to protect you. Who knows? He was your misfit. Maybe he had.

Small Version:

rosemilly
Spoiler
Time passes slowly, inching by as the shadows inch longer. It may have been fewer than fifteen minutes, or longer than an hour. Time seemed to blend together strangely here. Either way, it was now fully dark. Well, not fully. The distant stars danced and ethereal blues and blacks swirled together in the night wind, darkening as Garret lightened, slowly regained his color. He had been stirring for a while now. You must have fallen asleep, because the next time you opened your eyes, Garret was pacing back and forth in front of you. No, not pacing. It looked like he was doing some sort of martial arts forms, moving quickly and rhythmically back and forth with as much deadly grace of a panther. It was a few moments before he noticed you. When he did, he paced over and squatting down in front of you, resting on his thighs with perfect balance. "Good," he said, his voice clear and concise. "You're awake. Thanks for waking me. Now, what's the plan?" You were silent for a moment, eyebrows pressed together in the center. Garret sighed and stood up, putting a hand out to help you up. You accepted gratefully and he pulled you to your feet. "We need an action plan. Shelter and such to be found. Unless there's something else you want here?"

Small Version:

Firebird
Spoiler
The goblin was right. Monarch's color was seeping back into her cheeks. By the time the Dreamtime had been cast into shadow, she was full of color again. You sat beside her, dozing and daydreaming. When she woke, it took you a moment to realize it. Her eyes were entirely dark, with no irises, pupils, or sclera, the same color as her eyelashes. She hadn't moved almost at all; she was still propped up against lost things, still looking regal.

There was a frozen moment while the two of you stared at each other, before she spoke.
"So, you are the one who has awoken us?" Her voice was rich and, like everything about her, regal. "We thank you."

Small Version:

I don't have any control over the Misfits Swho created, so there won't really be any interaction with them until her schedule clears up again. Sorry bout that.
Last edited by Silvrechan on August 23rd, 2014, 12:19:00 am, edited 4 times in total.
I'm no longer active on this site. I'm still around various places as theladysilvre. Thanks for the memories!
Duragi
CreaturesTrade

Post by Duragi »

Well, while I'm waiting for the other requests to go through, gonna get Rufus. Should I send to trade to you, Silvre?

Username: Duragi
Misfit to Adopt: Rufus
Rename: [optional]
Total Price: 2k
Silvrechan
CreaturesTrade

Post by Silvrechan »

Yep, that'd probably be best. Thanks for adopting!
Firebird
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Firebird »

i dont have a tab with my misfits and bottles however I would love to adopt Dinlitla ..

Username: Firebird
Misfit to Adopt: Dinlitla
Rename: [optional]Faith
Total Price: 1k

Username: firebird
Items: bottle of otherworld knowledge
Total Price: 500

For Monarch use the abyss potion please.

I will get the right forms filled out here and write you a reply -
Spoiler
I sat there in wonder as Monarch awoke beside me and I gasped gently. "I did.." I replied a little shakily. "I am still not sure how this has happened but I am glad you are here." I sat there and watched her for a long while, "are you hungry, thirsty or anything?" I wonder before I take one of the bottles from my pack and sit it down between myself and Monarch, "I got this for you." I hold out the potion for her.
ImageImage
Silvrechan
CreaturesTrade

Post by Silvrechan »

Are you talking about a tab on the front page? Because those posts were made by Swho and not myself, I don't know of any way that I could edit them. I'm sure Swho will add one for you as soon as she's free. Also, you've already purchased the otherworldly knowledge bottle. If you'd like to buy another, that's all right, but I wanted to make sure you weren't accidentally buying the same thing twice.

Also, just to let you guys know, I'll be putting up an updated bottle inventory (along with this week's new bottles :D ) hopefully by Sunday, so I can keep track of who purchased what. Also, new misfits and bottles will probably update weekly now, rather than twice a week. I'm slow, I couldn't keep up with that. :derp: New misfits and bottles will come out next Sunday, rather than Wednesday, though, to give me some time to hopefully build a bit of a buffer. What do you guys think? Is there a different schedule that would work better for you?
Swho
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Swho »

Hey Guys! Sorry about the long wait everyone, I've really just been taking this time to settle in at work and haven't done all that much productive xP However, Misfits will be continuing. When I return with the posts, there may be some changes to the way I do things so as to make it more sustainable for me. I've been internally stressing over how I can continue with the thread in a way that doesn't burn me out, so I'm hoping there may be one or two suggestions people like.

Note: Anything I say will not affect Silvrechan's GMing. Tanglelore has also offered to join the team and will be taking over some of the writing, as well as having a few fun surprises in store I wont spoil :D (also, Tanglelore, I'll respond to your pm with the info soon xD really sorry for the wait!)

So, previously I would update once-twice a week if possible with six Misfits and six Bottles. There are a few things that may change as I honestly don't know if I can keep up with that anymore, but I promise you there will still be Misfit/Bottle releases, new locations/items, species, and potentially a few other things.

Here are some ideas I've been throwing around:
Main Changes?
3 Misfits a week and 3 Bottles, things stay the same other then that.

A change in the posting schedule: Instead of weekly updates, I make a big batch of Misfits/Bottles at one time and distibute them evenly over the course of say, a month. I then take a break to make a new set of bottles and take a breather. This would mean: six bottles/misfits again weekly, but every so often I take a break.
including one of the above changes, but other thingys:
+ plus every so often a new type of Misfit that is more customisable and easier for me to draw. They would all each be one of a kind but just a bit easier to make. It would be a mix of older style misfits and newer style misfits each week.

OR

+ the thread is opened up to allow people who want to make Misfits to do so, which would hopefully mean more Misfits/bottles for people to adopt and a little less pressure on me. If this happened the thread would have to be rejiggled quite a bit and I don't really know how many people would be interested in doing it weekly xP

OR

+ I lighten up on the bottle/Misfit restrictions I have. Like, there are certain requirements a bottle/Misfit has to make for me to consider it to be a bottle/Misfit. I probably have about six designs floating around of Misfits I scrapped because they didn't meet my idea of what a Misfit has to be. This would mean there would probably be wierder/creative Misfit/Bottle designs but there may also be some bottles/Misfits that just don't meet the mark and aren't of the same standard. This would also mean that Silvrechan could do whatever she wanted too!

also L337Lorelei: I haven't forgotten about your birthday bottle! Feel free to pick any one bottle that has ever been made for your collection.

Return to “Living Art”