The Atrium

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Faleep
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: The Atrium

Post by Faleep »

Fal nods, “in a bind, yeah that’ll do. They also like fresh meat, and although they would prefer it alive, I’ve noted they will take fresh raw meat too. Their diet seems to be very similar to a stream ammit. The biggest hassle is dealing with their temperament and dislike of well, everything. I’m glad most my clothing is durable and generally bite proof. But anyways, my best recommendation for keeping these guys under control is play, keep them active and tired. Give them lots of space to roam, and things to tear up. If you have to carry them with you, a modified cat or dog harness works in keeping them controlled... but don’t expect them to walk anywhere with it.”
Fal demonstrates by placing their Telvian Ammit hatchling on the floor. The hatchling takes two steps before flopping over dramatically. Fal sighs and shakes their head, “it doesn’t hurt the critter. To keep them from bitting, I use black electrical tape. It’s harmless to them, and strong enough they can’t open their mouth to bite anyone. I only use this on hatchlings though, I don’t even try to muzzle the adults. If I have to deal with the adults, the best method I have found is to get them distracted with something, typically a gnaw toy. For the most part though, the easiest way to deal with the adults is to let them do their thing. Just give them a large area to roam, and lots of food. And solitude. The less things they have to take interest in and stalk, the less likely they’ll be to roam Into some densely inhabited area.”
creatures for sale in my sale tabs! Pm for prices
Selling Shards! 35k per shard! Pm me for more details
i collect/army SB Ammit hatchlings and SB Potootoes
my wishlist,
mom1995577
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by mom1995577 »

M looked up from her book and began flipping pages. "I heard that rumor too but..." her face shank with a frown and looked to the room with concern "Ridan said breeding of "Ammit-stalkers" was banned long ago but..." the magi moved closer to the black ammit- that is until her hellhound grew wide eyed and snatched her cloak in her jaws, stopping M.
deciding this was as close as she was getting the magi took notes again and pulled out another book- a bestiary- before nodding. "Thats not part mist stalker so... would this be a loop hole or another rule break?"
"either way Thane called it "wild magic" when the question of accidental breeding of these creatures came up." M looked though her books again as the hellhound released the robes. Sheba decides maybe the tenera dog had a good idea and decides to go looking for her own toys.

M had a thought and wondered a loud "did Talyn ever say where they were dumping those potions?"
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Reima
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Reima »

Walking in, rubbing my eyes and yawning after about 2 or 3 hours of sleep, and a questionable at best sleeping cycle, there's an attempt of eavesdropping in the ongoing conversations. Though, most of it passes right by, can't pay too much attention as I take a seat, the pale nikollus that walks but a meter behind me following and settling on my feet while I look suspiciously and with slight disbelief at the nearby coffee stains. Oh, gross...
Some hot chocolate to wake myself up, I do a lonesome 'skål' or a 'kippis' to the air with the cup before taking a sip, careful not to burn myself
"I sure do hope you didn't just dump it somewhere at random, who knows what kind of mess that could cause." I note, although with not much worry about the situation "Wouldn't mind knowing the location of the dumpsite though, you know, for health and safety reasons"
This Signature looks so bad on mobile. Good lord it is HUGE. I'll need to work on that at some point. For now though I sleep
ImageImageImageImage
✯✦✯✧✯✦✯✧✯✦
Any objections, Lady?
✨ImageImage✨
To hatchling only C:
Wishlist Here
nyghtshadow
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade
Location: Probably in my own world, or where ever I'm Rping at.

Post by nyghtshadow »

At the mention of dumping potions Nyght looked up, her Fenrir's attention caught as well. "Someone is just dumping potions? Did anyone catch what TYPE of potions?" She jots something down in her notebook she carried in as she speaks. Her Fenrir's head moving to rest in Nyght's lap as she gave Reima a glance, though she choose not to mention they looked like they hadn't slept in quite some time, in her opinion.
Touching The Stars Isn't Impossible, If You Only Fly High Enough.

All eggs are fair game to click once again :3

ImageImageImage
Thane
High Archmage
CreaturesTrade

Post by Thane »

"Greetings," Archmage Thane says, as he strolls through the great hall of the Keep. His stride is steady and light, and he beams at the other residents in sight.

"This is a wonderful day," he continues, apparently to no-one in particular, yet to everyone. "Master Belmos and I have been deeply involved with work after the great discoveries of elemental magic some time back. With the magics running through everything in ways previously unknown we have started to see and predict the resurgence of many companions that were thought lost in time. A wonderful day indeed."
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

Red flicks her gaze up from the book she's reading when the archmage walks in.

"Creatures lost
in time, or creatures lost to time, I wonder," Red murmurs thoughtfully to herself.
Be kind.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Formerly MadameRed - same grumpy soul, new and improved theft!
15th Magiversary Free Raffle!
Merkwerkee
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Merkwerkee »

Merk sprawls on the sun-warmed tiles, the seasonally-added glass ceiling that let in the sunlight keeping out the cold breezes of oncoming winter. Not in lone splendor, of course; there are at least a dozen of Faleep's Ammits sharing the space, to say nothing of other sun- and warm-loving companions. One of them rolls over and puts its heavy, scaled head right on Merk's midsection, driving out all the air with a woof of breath.

"I can think of a few companions who could stand to get lost," Merk wheezed, sharp words belied by the head scritches for the critter in question.

The Shattered Compass
I do free CSS
Sig Set By Incandescence
crazyflight
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by crazyflight »

crazy awoke with a start, having dozed off yet again curled up in one of the atrium's window nooks, warmed by the sun, neck groaning in pain from the awkward, contorted position but nonetheless grateful for the rest. like so many of his dreams, ever since he was a snot-nosed kid in the pre-academy, he had lost his pants at some point. helpless and embarrassed, in his dream he wandered the dark labyrinth of his subconscious in search of his garments, hoping that no other magi would happen to choose the same path. it was oddly comforting in this dream-maze, though, since no one did end up crossing paths, and rather than feeling lonely, there was a sense of ease and relief in being alone. yet there was the problem of finding a way out.he had just found the exit and ran hurriedly to emerge (and retire to his chambers to put on a fresh pair of trousers) when thane's words roused him from the odd dream.

he jumped to his feet. he had had so many strange dreams recently, none nightmares, neither euphoric or miserable, but just... odd. it didn't help that he had, for years, been nursing a theory that dreams have a predictive quality, not that one can dream something that will literally happen in the future but that there is a truth to dreams that defies temporality, in the same way that a dream we experience in our subconscious over the course of a day or days may only have truly "happened," in our minds, while we slept, for a split second. thane's "greetings" had awoken him, but the word "lost" echoed in his eardrums. he shook his head. too literal. i was lost in a maze, i lost my pants, sure, but i always lose my pants in my dreams, big deal.

"this is silly," he said aloud, without realizing he was speaking aloud. "sorry," he muttered afterward, to no one in particular. one of the gemstone kirin at his feet blinked at him expectantly. maybe there is comfort in being lost, he thought to himself. i lose myself in books all the time. he nodded, satisfied for the moment, still curious, but too intimidated to pester thane for details.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
always looking to buy streamborn opal and diamond gemstone kirin!
also happy to buy water shop creatures for shop price + 100g for whomever wants!
<3 <3 <3
Mathcat
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Mathcat »

Ekaira hadn't been in the Atrium much lately, but had headed there when she saw Archmage Thane headed that way, just in case he had some interesting announcement. "I have some friends who would have opinions as to whether or not things lost to time should stay lost, though I couldn't tell you who would take which side," she said, after the others had commented. She chuckled. "Even the three with direct experience. One of them changes her mind at least weekly."

Ekaira picked a convenient seat and collapsed onto it. "Now, what's causing me trouble right now is attunement and what to choose, if anything. Void makes sense, given, well, the whole shapeshifting thing, but I'm concerned about it working too well. I've already spent more time than I'm comfortable with trapped in tenabre fox form, and let's not even get into the whole dusky potion mess. On the other hand, I don't want to find out that choosing something else locks me out of shapeshifting entirely until I can reattune, like what happened to Rykian. I'll probably just stay neutral until someone else has worked out where all the pitfalls are."
Wishlist here

Still on AO3 as Mathcat2 - stories for Magistream, Dragon Cave, Forest of Mirrors, and Jelle's Marble Runs, plus original fiction. New stories every Tuesday and Friday during November 2023.

(Signature decorations courtesy of HopingFaith.)
Thane
High Archmage
CreaturesTrade

Post by Thane »

Pleased to see many familiar faces - some he hadn't seen for quite some time - Archmage Thane smiled and nodded greetings here and there. "I've also been to see Remy to draw on his expertise in distributing findings, and I am pleased with what that collaboration is about to bring forth. But first, let us all concentrate on the upcoming Harvest festivities. The wild amagnae have already been spotted starting to gather upstream, so it should only be a matter of days before we'll see their eggs floating past us."

Return to “Community Discussion”