The Atrium

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Talyn
CreaturesTrade

Re: The Atrium

Post by Talyn »

Hmm...Glacial koi may work. I'll have to keep thinking about it.

And for now, I gotta go dump some more weird potions Kaiden Featherstone gave me. Some sort of breeding potion that didn't work the way it should have. He's always making weird stuff. But it seems the big cobra was in there too, and Kaiden almost never leaves his lab, so he begged me to dump it...somewhere. Hopefully the big cobra doesn't get it. The last thing Alethin needs is more weird potions, right?
My buddy:

mom1995577
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by mom1995577 »

"Talyn, what do you mean the breeding potion didn't work right?"
M flips to a new page in her book and prepares a pen. Maybe a new rumor to add to the mill?
meanwhile Sheba is rubbing her slobber covered face on the unfortunately named magi's robes- making new friends is messy she supposes.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
AuraDragoness
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by AuraDragoness »

Aura couldn't help but snicker at the comment Talyn made; Alethin was already in enough trouble from whoever set him up, another weird potion would only make matters worse.

A young Kaeran poked its head out of her robe and let out a squeak, almost as if laughing along with the girl.

"Can't blame the fact the potion didn't work, brewing is difficult, usually why I tend to avoid brewing myself; I've had a good few attempts blow up in my face by this point." she replied with a shrug.
~Aura is with me~
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Wishlist | My Shop
Image<Keep Guardians>Image
vipor
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by vipor »

Vipor limps back into the atrium to the map.
"Sorry about all that. Sometimes I get stupid ideas."

Personally I think we should ignore the mountian pass junction. If he would travel through there he wouldn't have been able to park his wagon in this area. Far to easy to make a wagon dissapear on its way to the keep."
He reaches up to tap the map, stopping himself in time to avoid smudging the map with ink.

"My bet is that he has a passage in the area of the caves of nareau. Think about it.
The place if one big mirror maze. What better place to travel through than a place your persuers can't look without being dizzy. He did collect all those pygmy crystalwings and gemdragons. So he would be very familiar with the area. Or have a secret guide."

Looking around for a moment he shrughs lightly. "My tenera is fetching some towels for any soot mishaps. If she doesn't take them into the lake first."
Low prices high quality.
Vipor's mini mall
Wishlist
MyopicDinobird
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by MyopicDinobird »

A magi stumbles into the atrium, wearing what appears to be very worn and tattered robes, though maybe they're supposed to look like that. They're carrying a young ammit in their arms - pitch black, and seemingly a little bit transparent. They have one hand solidly locked around the creature's jaws.

"Greetings," they say, sounding more than a little dishieveled, "Uh, Bird. I'm Bird, you can call me Bird. Sorry to interrupt. I have a," they glance down at the ammit who is thrasing in their arms, trying to break free, "... problem." They lift the ammit up a little, in case someone had somehow missed it. "Is this supposed to happen? I just, my Telvian panther laid a weird egg and this, is what hatched. Did anyone know this could happen? Is this normal? And also --" they struggle to not drop the hatchling as it is thrashing wildly in their hold, "does anyone have any suggestions as to how to keep it under control that wouldn't be, you know ... animal cruelty? Now that the damage is done. I can't very well just, tape her jaws shut. Would it count as cruelty to keep her somewhere slightly chilly? Just so she'd slow down a bit. It feels wrong, but," they're interrupted when the hatchling twists and almost escapes from their grasp, they struggle to get it back in their arms while swearing under their breath - "sorry -- but she hatched like half a day ago and I have almost lost my limbs like five times now. Also, is this normal? I didn't know this could happen. Is this supposed to happen? Why did nobody warn me about this."
They then proceed to talk to the ammit in a hopeless attempt to calm it down.
"Problem -- Problem, no! Problem, please. You are testing my love for you, you know that? I love you so much, but you are a horrible mistake of nature, please stop acting like this. Please."

They look up again.
"So, uh. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd really appreciate it. Anything. No bad ideas."
ImageImageImageImage

I see an egg, I click an egg
Faleep
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Faleep »

Fal gets up from where they’re sitting in a lounge chair, causing several ammit hatchlings to tumble out of heir lap, “what you have is a new hybrid.” They explain as they walk over, “the new hybrids are hell to raise, but with patience they can be trained. You are gonna need a muzzle though, tape is the most harmless, and a cone of shame, otherwise they’ll figure out how to peel the tape off.”
Fal holds up a squirming Black ammit hatchlings in their arms, “I use a modified dog harness to keep mine under control. It works, I’ve used it on the ones I’ve hatched so far. Oh! I forgot to Introduce myself, the name’s Fal. Resident ammit expert.”
creatures for sale in my sale tabs! Pm for prices
Selling Shards! 35k per shard! Pm me for more details
i collect/army SB Ammit hatchlings and SB Potootoes
my wishlist,
MyopicDinobird
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by MyopicDinobird »

"Oh, no worries, I know you. Know of you, anyway. You maintain a clear brand." They give a quick smile before they have to go back to wrestling the hatchling.
"Yeah, I -- I guessed the ammit part! I just didn't know that they could do this-- please, you're causing a scene," they add, aimed at the ammit. "Which is weird, I love hybrids, I would have loved to, know, about these beforehand --" the hatchling almost does a full barrel roll in the magi's arms, wiggling to get free. "-- maybe I could have been a little better prepared. Anyway -- muzzle, and cone, noted. Is there any other options than tape, you think? I just feel like - well first off, it seems a bit restrictive. And since I am a good person who cares about others," they say, pointedly, with a stern glare at the ammit, who is unperturbed by the accusation, "... and, also. I would have to get very close to all her many many teeth to remove it, every time she has to eat. So. Uh. Do you think there are any options that would still allow her to eat? Just. Keep her from biting people, instead of, keep her from opening her mouth, at all."
They look around themself to see if anyone else seems surprised at the existence of the hatchling.
"Has this always been a thing?" they ask. "I've never seen one before. Is it just because it's spring and everything gets a bit excited?"
ImageImageImageImage

I see an egg, I click an egg
Faleep
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Faleep »

“Leather gloves help when you need to get close,” Fal said, gesturing towards the bag that was placed where they had been sitting, “and as for the restrive part, I generally let mine run free when at home. I give them bones wrapped in untreated leather to chew on, it works for stream admits and seems to work for these guys as well. Though they tend to go through them faster than stream Ammits. These guys are pretty new, just started popping up the other day. I got called to the keep cause of these guys, people sending me messages about them and asking what to do. I know many years ago there was rumors of one of these guys existing, but I couldn’t find any concrete proof when I went looking. They’re not natural hybrids, they’re produced by magi interference. How specifically, I don't know though. I’m still doing research myself. Perhaps it might have something to do with Kaiden Featherstone, and those potions I overheard Talyn mentioning a few days ago?”
creatures for sale in my sale tabs! Pm for prices
Selling Shards! 35k per shard! Pm me for more details
i collect/army SB Ammit hatchlings and SB Potootoes
my wishlist,
nyghtshadow
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade
Location: Probably in my own world, or where ever I'm Rping at.

Post by nyghtshadow »

A female magi in darker colored robes, the hood pulled up to cover her face, entered, lost in thought for a moment, though clearly prepared for something as she held a pen and a blank scroll with her. Behind her entered a Fenrir, though he appeared well-mannered at least. No leash was attached, but the two seemed to move seamlessly through the area, avoiding bumping into pretty much everyone, and the fenrir was not eating anyone. She snapped her fingers, suddenly getting an idea. "hmm...I doubt Remy would be here, so whom else may know who last saw Alethin...?" She was not quiet about what she was saying, even though it was directed to her fenrir companion. She tapped her foot, thinking once more before writing the question she had down, along with a list of people she thought may have valuable information. Quietly she approached the area Talyn was at and sat down in a chair nearby, "Hey, any of you people find out who has last seen Alethin, or know someone that may know this information or where to find them at?" She looked up directly at them, beneath her hood the lighting of the room caught her grey-blue eyes. Her Fenrir laid down beside her, lazily, as she rested a hand on him. She already was doing a look over of the map. She didn't really care that she'd just injected into the conversation here, she wanted an answer to her questions she held and the only way was to ask practically everyone.
Touching The Stars Isn't Impossible, If You Only Fly High Enough.

All eggs are fair game to click once again :3

ImageImageImage
vipor
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by vipor »

Vipor turns as a lot of scraping and dripping is heard. His tenera dog strolls in proudly, dripping with water, water clover in her mane, a few wet towels on her back and a thick brance in her mouth. He had been listning to the conversations around him. Paying extra attention to Fal and Bird talk about the new ammit hybrid.
Calmly he walks up to his companion and takes the branch out of her mouth. He then sits down on the ground to securely tie the wet towels around it with several knots and offering it to Fal.
"It is not a bone with untanned leather, but this might hold for 10 or 20 seconds?"

With clear interest he watches the two black squirming ammits. "Got to admit, they are amezing to look at."
Turning on a playful growl he grabs the tenera's ear and pulls her away from the many ammits around Fal. "No, they are not toys, don't smack them. How is it that you're afraid of everything that blinks unless they can take your paw off." Thinking for a moment he kneels down and holds the dogs face in his hands. "You wanna look for bones don't you girl? Big fat bones so toys can play. Go find them. Go find the bones."
Vipor watches as an overly hyper tenera dog bounces off in utter joy.
"She might find a bone, but most likely she will return with a book or something. Or howling in fear cause something blinked at her."
Low prices high quality.
Vipor's mini mall
Wishlist

Return to “Community Discussion”