OFFICIAL: New Suggestions Thread

Get help and give out your ideas for improvement.
Danafox
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: OFFICIAL: New Suggestions Thread

Post by Danafox »

BBkat wrote: January 10th, 2024, 5:41:39 pm So, I was thinking, and looking at the layout of events on this site and there is a big gap of several months, from early May to mid October where there's just, NOTHING. June, July, August, September, nothing.

And maybe this is used as down time for the site runners, idk (in which case ig, leave it as it). But it also means that site activity drops to an all time low, which is very sad.
So, I am proposing, A SUMMER EVENT! :yey:

We already have a spring event in March/April, a fall event in November (and kinda Oct w/ Halloween) and a Winter event in Dec. So why not round it out with a summer one?
It could be based on the Summer Solstice, but that's in June and still leaves a large gap of months with nothing (and it's right on the heels of the Magiversary so ppl are bound to still be dealing with eggs from that so that might be pushing it)

Another alternative could be some form of Midsummer Festival. Perhaps drawing inspiration from the Tanabata Festival from Japan or the Qixi Festival from China (Tanabata is based on the Qixi Festival so they're similar) for something different. Then it could be hosted in July/August somewhere.

As for stuff to happen with it...
-special event shop? (initially I was thinking the Solstice caravan could reappear, since we have two Solstices after all, but the Solstice is in June) perhaps it could have the gift bags in it so we can get items easier.
-new event creatures
-perhaps some kind of repeatable quest for summer event creatures (but it's only available during the event, kinda like w/ the Turkeys, nothing overly difficult but it would make for something new and different). Perhaps even use some of the lesser used lands for it
-contest of some kind???

I think it would be neat to do, something fresh and new (and i hate to compare to other sites but, other sites do host summer time events so it's not that unusual). Maybe no time to plan one for this year but, perhaps in the future,

I really love your idea and I agree that it would be nice to have a summer time event. Many mobile games/video games/website games do it.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Dana's Sales Bin
LTT Donis for Below1Percent

Thank you to all my gifters! <3
Danafox
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Danafox »

I am stealing borrowing this idea from a mobile game,I thought maybe we could actually use it. It could be simple to implement and easy to use. (haha easy to type but not so easy to implement/think through/go go brain boom)

So basically this idea involves a big issue for all players right now and that's earning Gold.

The idea is for our Keep/pets...to generate gold automatically for us. BUT WAIT...
The implementation idea is like this.....
- The gold can be stored in a very large treasure chest aka a Gold Button in our Keep.
- There is a Maximum Cap of Gold that you can store in your treasure chest, for example you can store up to 300,000 gold once it's at max storage you can no longer generate gold automatically until you Claim your stored gold via clicking the treasure chest button.
- The gold will take a certain amount of hours and minutes to generate and fill up to max again
- You can click the treasure chest button to harvest your gold at any time and it will go towards your normal gold count/account to use freely
- Another design element could be you can only harvest your gold cap storage X number of times a day, every 3 days or per week or freely as many times as you want. If you can click freely as many times as you want, if it takes 20 minutes to earn lets say 5,000 gold for a level 5 Keep, you can click it and it automatically goes to your gold count, three minutes pass and you earned 300 gold, you can click and it goes to your gold count etc. This creates the incentive to login or check in maybe twice a day or maybe just once per day and you earned some gold and then can continue to passively earn more till you hit max storage again.

-We could create a world quest that opens up this brand new ability.

The Keep could have Levels from 1 to 5 maximum. Each level of the Keep affects how much gold you generate automatically and your maximum storage cap of gold in your treasure chest and thus can reach the maximum Level of 5 earning 1million gold in treasure chest max storage.
The quests can consist of things such as if you own X number of X stream critter you pass level 1 then move on to level 2, etc....So Yes depending on how easy or the criteria chosen for the quest, for extremely old players we might be able to fast track through the quest, but I think this is okay because we've been playing for a long time and so there has to be an advantage to that. Also, ideally we want players to be able to buy things with gold again and be able to trade with other players. All numbers can be changed etc am just throwing around random numbers to give better and clear examples.

Keep Level 1 - 50,000 gold max treasure storage/earnings
Keep Level 2 - 100,000 gold max treasure storage/earnings
Keep Level 3 - 250,000 gold max treasure storage/earnings
Keep Level 4 - 500,000 gold max treasure storage/earnings
Keep Level 5 - 1 million gold max treasure storage/earnings

Anyways, this is as far as I've thought it through so far. I already know that free to play players will absolutely love this, for donators probably not so much or maybe against it entirely. idk. I'm trying to help or offer ideas that maybe they were shot down hastily in the past but could be looked at again in a different way.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Dana's Sales Bin
LTT Donis for Below1Percent

Thank you to all my gifters! <3
froglady
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by froglady »

I'm more in tune with getting a random amount of gold for each egg you take from the stream (up to 10 eggs per day), and then also getting a little bit for each stage you progress your creatures through, up to adulthood. It doesn't get you 1000s of gold a day, but on the place I play that does this I get 500-1000/month or so just by raising my critters. Sometimes I might get 2 gold, sometimes 6, sometimes 12 and it doesn't matter which creature or stage, because the amounts are just random.

This would benefit active players raising creatures more than players who drop in every other week or so for the new creatures, and you wouldn't get more gold just by dint of having more critters (I'm thinking of those keeps who have thousands upon thousands vs those of us with a couple hundred or newbies with just 10) and not having to be active on the site to collect zillions. Newbies need gold, too. Plus the site needs active players, not farmers/miners sitting there and not contributing to the activity level of the site.
My join date says 2012, when I made an account I promptly forgot about until August 2023, so I'm really *gasp* a newbie. :)
I have no phobias or disliked critters. Feel free to click anything in my keep, except the "Quests" tab. I think you'll find plenty there without those 2 or 3.
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

If you make a 'only 10 eggs from the stream a day' limit I can guaran-fucking-tee you are going to have the opposite of 'more active players'.
kunigund
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by kunigund »

I think froglady meant that you get some extra gold only for a limited number of stream eggs per day but of course one can catch/hatch more. I would, actually, prefer that hatching is rewarded (and not freezing and dumping them at Mr. Belmos') and perhaps also raising them to adults.
Ayakashi
MD Moderator
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Ayakashi »

Random early morning coffee thought, but I would really like a way to post images without having to upload them to a third party site. I know this is really tricky, and would probably suck coding wise (or be completely impossible), but I hate having to upload to a site, get the link, post it with the image tags just for it not to work right.

Again, early morning coffee thoughts, doesn't mean they are good thoughts.
ImageImage

My wishlist

DS Friend Code: 2664-2235-0361 PM me yours so I can add you too! :D
froglady
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by froglady »

If you make a 'only 10 eggs from the stream a day' limit I can guaran-fucking-tee you are going to have the opposite of 'more active players'.
I get about 20 eggs a week with the 5 at once cap, so....

What I meant is not paying bonuses for more than so many eggs a day to keep people from just grabbing a bunch of eggs just for money. Make it 50. Make it 100. I don't care, but there needs to be some sort of control or it will be just another gold mining with the server so overworked no one will be playing.

Also, just to speak to the image hosting thing---remember, if MS hosts images uploaded by players that every uploaded image you see on the site is using the server and the site's purchased bandwidth. Most sites that allow uploading make the limit really small in size (like 100 x 100 and less than 75MB) to keep costs and the need for bigger servers to a minimum. And some sites that allow uploading actually contract with a third party anyway, it's just invisible unless the service goes down.
My join date says 2012, when I made an account I promptly forgot about until August 2023, so I'm really *gasp* a newbie. :)
I have no phobias or disliked critters. Feel free to click anything in my keep, except the "Quests" tab. I think you'll find plenty there without those 2 or 3.
stealthxstar
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by stealthxstar »

Apologies if this has been suggested and shot down, but is there any chance of getting a magistream dark mode? (or is this already available somewhere and I am blind? heh.. blinded by the brightness of my screen... i'll show myself out)
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade
It’s my birthday

Post by Rosehill »

stealthxstar wrote: March 18th, 2024, 2:19:07 am Apologies if this has been suggested and shot down, but is there any chance of getting a magistream dark mode? (or is this already available somewhere and I am blind? heh.. blinded by the brightness of my screen... i'll show myself out)
This has been requested, and it is a valid request, so will most likely happen at some point. However, there's quite a lof of stuff in the backburner including still quite a lot of features that are not working since the big maintenance last summer, so fixing those is of a higher priority at the moment.

Meanwhile people have been using stylus add-on on their browser to make MS colors darker: https://magistream.com/viewtopic.php?p= ... 23624086^_^
Ayakashi
MD Moderator
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Ayakashi »

Adding my voice to the chorus. I wish there was a way to buy more than one bags/eggs from the shop at a time. You could call it a "basket of eggs" that gives you 5 eggs at a time. The bags could be called a "bundle of bags" and gives you up to 10 items at a time. They could be priced accordingly to the number of eggs/items you get out of it.
ImageImage

My wishlist

DS Friend Code: 2664-2235-0361 PM me yours so I can add you too! :D

Return to “Support and Suggestions”