OFFICIAL: New Suggestions Thread

Get help and give out your ideas for improvement.
ShaiNeko
Site Moderator
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: OFFICIAL: New Suggestions Thread

Post by ShaiNeko »

kissxmexwell06 wrote:maybe more hybrids..
No.
ImageImage :t--.-:
Merkwerkee
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Merkwerkee »

Army trackers as part of the forum-avatar-tell-people-who-you arething. Toggleable in the control panel, displays what you army and how many you have. Maybe specifications like hatchlings or frozen eggs or everything

The Shattered Compass
I do free CSS
Sig Set By Incandescence
Morgaln
Wielder of the Banhammer
CreaturesTrade

Post by Morgaln »

kissxmexwell06 wrote:maybe more hybrids..
There is a separate thread for creature suggestions, which you can find here: 2-support-and-suggestions/10616-officia ... hread.html Please go there if you have creature ideas.
What did the monk say to his food?
Spoiler
Out of the frying pan and into the friar
Knives: cutting-edge technology to this day.

This is Moe. Moe's a saurus.
duskfall
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin
Location: camphalfblood in the posiden cabin or the artames cabin

Post by duskfall »

a way to get a retired donation pets (( templecat))
Wishlist
Spoiler
ANYTHING Especially if it's something I dont already have. I took a hiatus since 2012 and just getting back into things so I missed alot.
anything k9 based especially dire wolves, boraen wolf's.
Any event creature realised after 2012 
Griffins
crazyflight
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by crazyflight »

duskfall wrote:a way to get a retired donation pets (( templecat))
We have Nursery Auctions, and by a complete coincidence, a Temple Cat is up for auction! :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
always looking to buy streamborn opal and diamond gemstone kirin!
also happy to buy water shop creatures for shop price + 100g for whomever wants!
<3 <3 <3
ShaiNeko
Site Moderator
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by ShaiNeko »

Crazyflight wrote:
We have Nursery Auctions, and by a complete coincidence, a Temple Cat is up for auction! :D
*points to the list* We have DP breeding potions on the list. Because Nursery Auctions aren't for everyone.
ImageImage :t--.-:
konekochan
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by konekochan »

I would like new quests :D
I love to play in Magistream World..
duskfall
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin
Location: camphalfblood in the posiden cabin or the artames cabin

Post by duskfall »

Crazyflight wrote:
I can't ever seam to win one adn have been dreaming of a temple cat forever

I also think a group quest would be cool
Wishlist
Spoiler
ANYTHING Especially if it's something I dont already have. I took a hiatus since 2012 and just getting back into things so I missed alot.
anything k9 based especially dire wolves, boraen wolf's.
Any event creature realised after 2012 
Griffins
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

Some of these ideas I like, others I don't. Personally, I do NOT want a battle system and would probably never use it unless wining got you prizes like retired donis or huge amounts of gold.

Some of the things I do want are:

1. more egg slots - 4 is just so limited and unless you have huge amounts of credit on Yarolds, critters take forever to hatch/mature in the IFN or click threads. Recently it seems that fewer and fewer players are using the IFN, and that makes it hard for me to get my critters grown. Which also means that I can't get more critters because I'm limited to only 4 eggs slots. Plus, I can NOT spend real money on this game, so buying extra egg slots is not available to me, just like I can't afford to buy Donation pets. Why not a gold sink to purchase additional egg slots? Permanent ones tho, not something you have to waste gold on over and over.

2. More quests... and quests you can do multiple times, so you can have more questborn creatures.

3. Multiple streams.. I liked the idea presented earlier in this thread of streams based on regions. I would suggest updating the world map and adding a system of rivers, each river being a 'stream' with eggs based on it's region/origin.. plus when the rivers reach the ocean, the coastline would be another 'stream' where you find ocean based critters.

4. Some kind of gender changing item - a one use item that can be bought in a shop. Since the introduction of the Kiwik, gender swapping has become chaotic and frustrating. I much perferred the once a day bump in the big gender swapping thread we used to have. Plus, a one use item that has to be purchased every time you need a gender swap would be a gold sink. A much better sink than the koi pond too, because purchasing an item gets you exactly what you need, rather than continuously wasting gold in the koi pond for a small chance at an egg. I NEVER use the koi pond anymore and buy my pond critters from the sales threads.

5. More than anything else tho, I want to be able to remove creatures from lineages. So I can get rid of all those frozen eggs/hatchlings, misbred creatures and/or other things that break my lineage rules.
I am in the process of moving house, so I will not be around much for the foreseeable future.
NKfloofiepoof
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by NKfloofiepoof »

CinnaminDraconna wrote:4. Some kind of gender changing item - a one use item that can be bought in a shop. Since the introduction of the Kiwik, gender swapping has become chaotic and frustrating. I much perferred the once a day bump in the big gender swapping thread we used to have. Plus, a one use item that has to be purchased every time you need a gender swap would be a gold sink. A much better sink than the koi pond too, because purchasing an item gets you exactly what you need, rather than continuously wasting gold in the koi pond for a small chance at an egg. I NEVER use the koi pond anymore and buy my pond critters from the sales threads.
I'm for this idea, but the problem is that the potion has to be expensive enough to make it a viable gold sink yet cheap enough to make it actually worth bothering with for lower-end creatures such as less common stream creatures. Like, 1k each isn't really going to pull that much out of the system because you can mine that back in 10 minutes max at the image-free mine, but you also don't want it to cost 10k just because both your stream-caught tenabre foxes gendered male. In the case of the foxes, you could just go catch another one for free, but they're not exactly easy to catch because they're on the rarer end of the spectrum, but 10k to swap is still kind of steep for a stream critter.

If any of that made sense :derp:

At any rate, my tweak to the proposal: instead of a potion with a static price, maybe there could be an automated NPC either in the forums or on the world map you could go to. When you talk to him/her, there's an interface where you choose the creature in your keep that you want to gender swap (and please, please let allies be an option to change because I hate that male centaur in my keep that I can't get rid of), and then the NPC charges you based on the creature itself. Super common creatures would cost 50-250g to swap, rarer stream creatures 250-750g, shop creatures 1-2k, hybrids 2-10k depending on level of hybridism and/or difficulty to breed (like, hippogryphs and elemental gryphons would be cheaper than, say, orange farir, piebald deer, or albino nandis), 10-25k for allies (because you can't just replace them and definitely can't trade them), and so on up with donation pets' price dependent on how old they are, kind of like the system that determines how much it costs to rename them. This might be a more successful gold sink than just a potion. Kiwik can still stand for color, type, and date trades as well as gender trades for those who either don't want to pay anything, can't afford it if the fee is high, or simply just don't mind waiting for another person to trade.

Coding-wise, the creature remains the exact same - same creature number, same birthdate, same generation, frozen/unfrozen, whatever; all that changes is the gender text and, if applicable for dimorphism, the sprite.

[/2g]
Buying unwanted SB elephant snails for shop price
Buying Bread Creatures for 2k each

Image-Free Magi Nursery

Return to “Support and Suggestions”