OFFICIAL: New Suggestions Thread

Get help and give out your ideas for improvement.
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: OFFICIAL: New Suggestions Thread

Post by sammythethief »

So, this is significantly less elaborate than my previous suggestions (and my future suggestions, I haven't forgotten those ;D), but I'd love to have an option to lock creatures in place after custom sorting them. For example, in my 'Growing Temp' tab, I've got some frozen 0.00 hatchlings in there as sort of "hatchling babysitters", and I'd love to lock them at the top of it.
Be kind.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Formerly MadameRed - same grumpy soul, new and improved theft!
15th Magiversary Free Raffle!
Danafox
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Danafox »

Suggestions I'd love to see implemented in 2024 ASAP

1) Renaming Costs for all creatures removed forever - Renaming all creatures in the entire game including Donis is FREE!
This has been a feature that in other games has majority of the time been free. Since day one that I've been playing Magistream I've hated the gold costs tied with naming your creatures and now that we are having issues with a gold shortage due to being unable to goldmine, I think it's high time this cost gets removed! FREE OUR CREATURES from BEING NAMELESS FOREVER. Of course I understand having rules for bad words or offensive type names etc. But I think the majority of people will be using the Rename feature WAY WAY MORE in the correct and normal manner and I think that'd be a good thing.

2) Eggslot Flexibility aka Order of Operations doesn't matter!!!!
Are you tired of having to constantly remember, Oh lemme grab stream eggs x3, breed eggs x2 and then buy your monthly donis x4? Doesn't it annoy you that you grabbed your donis first and then you decided you wanted to breed but your not allowed because you took up your 5 slots with 4 donis and one stream egg? Please allow more flexibility in the order that you do things for grabbing/breeding/buying eggs aka order doesn't matter. (Mostly for donors)

3) Wrapping Paper (Seasonal)
Something fun/silly for any and all events maybe gamewide permanent item

4) Potato
For next April Fool's Day. You get a potato, I get a potato, Everyone get's potatoes. Oh and French fries, don't forget those! Please??!??? :t-puppyeyes:
Maybe some burgers too....or maybe I'm just hangry.

5) Sticky Parchment or Notes
Being able to add descriptions to our creatures in our keeps. This could be an area like in the above example link or maybe it shows up in a new area when you click on the creature.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Dana's Sales Bin
LTT Donis for Below1Percent

Thank you to all my gifters! <3
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade
It’s my birthday

Post by Rosehill »

Danafox wrote: December 31st, 2023, 4:34:11 am Suggestions I'd love to see implemented in 2024 ASAP

1) Renaming Costs for all creatures removed forever - Renaming all creatures in the entire game including Donis is FREE!
This has been a feature that in other games has majority of the time been free. Since day one that I've been playing Magistream I've hated the gold costs tied with naming your creatures and now that we are having issues with a gold shortage due to being unable to goldmine, I think it's high time this cost gets removed! FREE OUR CREATURES from BEING NAMELESS FOREVER. Of course I understand having rules for bad words or offensive type names etc. But I think the majority of people will be using the Rename feature WAY WAY MORE in the correct and normal manner and I think that'd be a good thing.

2) Eggslot Flexibility aka Order of Operations doesn't matter!!!!
Are you tired of having to constantly remember, Oh lemme grab stream eggs x3, breed eggs x2 and then buy your monthly donis x4? Doesn't it annoy you that you grabbed your donis first and then you decided you wanted to breed but your not allowed because you took up your 5 slots with 4 donis and one stream egg? Please allow more flexibility in the order that you do things for grabbing/breeding/buying eggs aka order doesn't matter. (Mostly for donors)

3) Wrapping Paper (Seasonal)
Something fun/silly for any and all events maybe gamewide permanent item

4) Potato
For next April Fool's Day. You get a potato, I get a potato, Everyone get's potatoes. Oh and French fries, don't forget those! Please??!??? :t-puppyeyes:
Maybe some burgers too....or maybe I'm just hangry.

5) Sticky Parchment or Notes
Being able to add descriptions to our creatures in our keeps. This could be an area like in the above example link or maybe it shows up in a new area when you click on the creature.
Renaming costs are on the list of things that will be changing during 2024 in any case, but it will not happen asap. :derr:

The way eggslots currently are, the order cannot be changed, and this is unlikely to change, as coding efforts will be directed in other matters.

The other three are also unlikely to happen at least during 2024. :wat: D:
audrei9
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by audrei9 »

I'd like a shop where you're able to buy food and toys for your creatures, and feeding them can make them grow up faster or something.
I'd also like an item you can use to unfreeze a creature that you can also buy.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
sunsprite
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by sunsprite »

- possibly a way to hide your bio on your profile, at least for the time being until we can edit them again? mine is incredibly old and i dont like looking at it since i cant edit it

- also, a way to hide different guild icons that are underneath your name? these doohickeys Image Image etc
not necessary at all, would just be cool if i guess im going for a specific colour scheme to match with my profile picture and/or signature... cosmetics. you would probably be able to see all of the guilds someone has joined if you were to click and view their profile, though
xxxxxxpreviously delspresso
[supply my orange rabbitsune addiction]
audrei9
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by audrei9 »

An item directory! Like the bestiary but for items.
audrei9
CreaturesTrade

Post by audrei9 »

Please put all the quests and the legends in the library, too. :pleading:
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade
It’s my birthday

Post by Rosehill »

audrei9 wrote: January 9th, 2024, 7:28:39 pm Please put all the quests and the legends in the library, too. :pleading:
All the legends are in the library already. Not every quest will necessarily end up in the library, but those that do and may still be missing will be added at some point. Adding them is not very high on the priority list at the moment though, as more pressing matters are handled first. ^.^
audrei9
CreaturesTrade

Post by audrei9 »

Rosehill wrote: January 9th, 2024, 11:55:19 pm
audrei9 wrote: January 9th, 2024, 7:28:39 pm Please put all the quests and the legends in the library, too. :pleading:
All the legends are in the library already. Not every quest will necessarily end up in the library, but those that do and may still be missing will be added at some point. Adding them is not very high on the priority list at the moment though, as more pressing matters are handled first. ^.^
Okay, thank you! I noticed the quests missing but I didn't check on every legend to see if they were there.
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by BBkat »

So, I was thinking, and looking at the layout of events on this site and there is a big gap of several months, from early May to mid October where there's just, NOTHING. June, July, August, September, nothing.

And maybe this is used as down time for the site runners, idk (in which case ig, leave it as it). But it also means that site activity drops to an all time low, which is very sad.
So, I am proposing, A SUMMER EVENT! :yey:

We already have a spring event in March/April, a fall event in November (and kinda Oct w/ Halloween) and a Winter event in Dec. So why not round it out with a summer one?
It could be based on the Summer Solstice, but that's in June and still leaves a large gap of months with nothing (and it's right on the heels of the Magiversary so ppl are bound to still be dealing with eggs from that so that might be pushing it)

Another alternative could be some form of Midsummer Festival. Perhaps drawing inspiration from the Tanabata Festival from Japan or the Qixi Festival from China (Tanabata is based on the Qixi Festival so they're similar) for something different. Then it could be hosted in July/August somewhere.

As for stuff to happen with it...
-special event shop? (initially I was thinking the Solstice caravan could reappear, since we have two Solstices after all, but the Solstice is in June) perhaps it could have the gift bags in it so we can get items easier.
-new event creatures
-perhaps some kind of repeatable quest for summer event creatures (but it's only available during the event, kinda like w/ the Turkeys, nothing overly difficult but it would make for something new and different). Perhaps even use some of the lesser used lands for it
-contest of some kind???

I think it would be neat to do, something fresh and new (and i hate to compare to other sites but, other sites do host summer time events so it's not that unusual). Maybe no time to plan one for this year but, perhaps in the future,

Return to “Support and Suggestions”