Who else hates this?!

Come here, take a break, chat with friends about anything and everything.

Does this happen to you on google chrome??!

Yes, often!
6%
Yes, but not often
28%
No
36%
I don't use google chrome.
31%

Total votes: 36

griffinmagic91
CreaturesTrade

Who else hates this?!

Post by griffinmagic91 »

Okay, let me explain this.
So I'm in the parlor, and I come up with this awesome idea for a wolf story. I've been writing about wolves for a LONG time, so I type up the first five chapters right away, edit it, and get ready to post it once I've listed all the characters for reference.
Then I have a class (I'm in school). I put the hood of my computer down and walk it.
When I open up my computer again, this is what I see on google chrome: He's dead Jim: Connection/Something Dead.
I want to scream. That was almost an hour of work! D:
"We have been waiting. But than again, the world is waiting, holding it's breath. I don't believe in fate. I believe in a power that I, a proud one, will never understand." --Original Character
TheShinyOshawott
CreaturesTrade

Re: Who else hates this?!

Post by TheShinyOshawott »

I feel sorry for you!

but this rarely happens to me, and I used chrome a lot and close the hood.

This doesn't happen to fire fox as far as I know, maybe because fire fox feels more stable :P

BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

If you're going to type up something to post, type it up in a word document/notepad and save it that way you won't lose it before posting it in a thread.
CheetahCat
CreaturesTrade

Post by CheetahCat »

I don't use google chrome but I hate it when my stuff gets deleted.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
help them grooooooow! :)
IAmKuromiSparkachu
CreaturesTrade

Post by IAmKuromiSparkachu »

My computer freezes when I type something up. I hate that. That happened to me once, but not in Google Chrome, it just happened in a forum on IE. I seriously hate my browser...
Image Image Image
mandalorianlady
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by mandalorianlady »

i have not had this happen with google chrome but when i type larger amounts i do so in google drive which is part of chrome i think.
as for the work you lost. i know how you feel i have seven chapters of a book and several hundred poems i was trying to publish. stuck on a dead laptop, we're still trying to find a place to revive it to get that and pictures of our kids off of it. still i hope you're able to recover or at least able to rewrite your work.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Artificer, Preservation, Black Market. LTB Candle ayoti, Starclad minks, Hearthhounds.
Tigerfur
CreaturesTrade

Post by Tigerfur »

ooh that's frustrating
ImageImageImageImage Image
TheShinyOshawott
CreaturesTrade

Post by TheShinyOshawott »

IAmKuromiSparkachu wrote:My computer freezes when I type something up. I hate that. That happened to me once, but not in Google Chrome, it just happened in a forum on IE. I seriously hate my browser...
A little of topic, but I just have to say this. Don't use IE. Just don't. It's terrible, and it's not as safe as Fire Fox or Chrome, or even Opera or Comodo Dragon! Comodo Dragon is just a safer version of chrome, anyway.
Anyway, you can do more with the browsers that I listed. Also, they are a lot faster.
If you want to use IE, at least use it in sandboxie.
You don't want a trojan on your computer, trust me.

Hawktalon
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Hawktalon »

TheShinyOshawott wrote:
IAmKuromiSparkachu wrote:My computer freezes when I type something up. I hate that. That happened to me once, but not in Google Chrome, it just happened in a forum on IE. I seriously hate my browser...
A little of topic, but I just have to say this. Don't use IE. Just don't. It's terrible, and it's not as safe as Fire Fox or Chrome, or even Opera or Comodo Dragon! Comodo Dragon is just a safer version of chrome, anyway.
Anyway, you can do more with the browsers that I listed. Also, they are a lot faster.
If you want to use IE, at least use it in sandboxie.
You don't want a trojan on your computer, trust me.
Seconded this. IE is the worst browser. But I feel you stuff getting deleted. I often go on this dress-up game site where you can save dolls you make to your gallery and I can't count the number of times I've been working on some über intricate doll and had my browser freeze on me so I can't finish it. GRRR! And not to mention the time Publisher ate my homework... it deleted my five-page science fair paper and I had to start over from scratch. I don't use Publisher anymore.
Locus
CreaturesTrade

Post by Locus »

It only happens to me when I try to do too much at one time ^_^ ahahah. But I just use word, and if I'm going to get up and do somehting I hit save. I'm too paranoid to just leave it.

Return to “Popsicle stand”