Questions about Donis as prizes

Get help and give out your ideas for improvement.
TNHawke
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Questions about Donis as prizes

Post by TNHawke »

I'm planning on running a contest where I will be collecting a lot of specific %s of hatchlings. To encourage this, I would like to offer an old donation pet as a 'grand prize', which would go to the person who gives me the last hatchling I need. Would this be allowed, or would it be too close to a raffle to risk?

small scale example
Say I need hatchlings at
11.11%
34.98%
65.43%
98.56%

Player A sends me the ones at 98.56% and 34.98%
Player B sends me the one at 11.11%
and Player C sends me the one at 65.43%

Since 65.43% was the last one I needed, Player C would get the grand prize.

I might have other prizes along the way too, like every 25th hatchling offered, or the player who gives the most hatchlings, etc. Would those be allowed to have donis as prizes?
Hawke's IRL fiance, Lunaroki, suffered a massive stroke and died on Tuesday, March 31st, 2015.

Hawke needs to concentrate on other things, and is leaving MS permanently.

Thank you all for many fun years.
ImageImageImageImage
crazyflight
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Re: Questions about Donis as prizes

Post by crazyflight »

I think the only problem with raffles was that it was too much like gambling, because it was by pure chance that you'd get the prize. I think this would be acceptable because it isn't mere chance that gets you the creature; you have to do something to earn it. I, of course, am not the final voice in the matter, but that's what I think, and I think it makes sense.
ImageImage
always looking to buy streamborn opal and diamond gemstone kirin!
also happy to buy water shop creatures for shop price + 100g for whomever wants!
<3 <3 <3
wolfeyedangel
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by wolfeyedangel »

I'd say to err on the safe side with this one and not use a donation pet as a prize. It is not a contest of skill. It very much seems to have more to do with luck and timing (since there is no skill involved with being the LAST one). Which would, to me, seem to fall under the gambling.

~Wolfeyedangel
PBEs in which I participate: High Reaches 4th Pass, Golden Valley Weyr
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
TNHawke
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by TNHawke »

wolfeyedangel wrote:I'd say to err on the safe side with this one and not use a donation pet as a prize. It is not a contest of skill. It very much seems to have more to do with luck and timing (since there is no skill involved with being the LAST one). Which would, to me, seem to fall under the gambling.

~Wolfeyedangel
Right... The same kind of skill involved in hatching, and catching it at just the right percentage isn't too far off from the kind of skill involved in having the right cards in hand.

... dang.

Thank you for helping me put into words what I subconsciously was thinking, but couldn't quite figure out!

Soooo.... How could I modify this so that I COULD offer at least one doni as a prize?
Hawke's IRL fiance, Lunaroki, suffered a massive stroke and died on Tuesday, March 31st, 2015.

ImageImageImageImage
glittergirl
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by glittergirl »

Can you not award it to the person who offers you the most creatures?
Not sure if that would be legal/acceptable though :sweat:

Or you could simply ask the users who offer you creatures to fill in a little form with a reason why they should be awarded with the donation creature and that you would read those reasons and give the donation creature to that person who has (in your eyes) the best reason to get it or who has written the most funny reason or something? :angel:
Please click the eggs & hatchies in my Main Tab =D
!!Please do NOT mine my keep!!
ImageImageImageImage
TNHawke
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by TNHawke »

I could give a doni to the person who sends the most hatchlings, but I don't want this contest to just be a glorified auction.

I'm not sure how "I deserve this doni because ___" fits together with "Hawke wants specific Skwiddies"

ImageImageImageImage
Smallguy25
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Smallguy25 »

TNHawke wrote:I could give a doni to the person who sends the most hatchlings, but I don't want this contest to just be a glorified auction.

I'm not sure how "I deserve this doni because ___" fits together with "Hawke wants specific Skwiddies"
Does it have to be a doni? Maybe you could change it to a GB?
TNHawke
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by TNHawke »

I have donis to spare, I don't have extra GBs, but I am considering that as an option.

ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Support and Suggestions”