Once Upon a Time (T.V. Series) The Guild

The place to converse with other members of a guild or club.
Padfootsmistress777
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: Once Upon a Time (T.V. Series) The Guild

Post by Padfootsmistress777 »

*brushes cobwebs and dust away* Welp it's that time of year again! Once is coming back the 28th~ Yey, more Rumble, more Killian, more Snow, and Charming, and Henry, and 'Gina, and Emma (who totally ruined 'Gina's life again, good job!).

Anyway! Yey <3
13/25 Presents, thank you!
You can click any unhidden/unprotected tab in my Keep ^-^~!

1,756/2000 Turtles

Paaaaaaancaaaaaakes!~
Art Creds in Profile

ImageImageImageImage
SheWolfWarrior
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by SheWolfWarrior »

Yep, indeed it is! I'm rather excited, though, again, I'll be an episode behind you guys thanks to Hulu. And was I the only one who facepalmed when they showed the Frozen characters coming into the scene? Granted, I've never seen the movie, so I can't judge it properly, but I don't want to see it because of how it blew up the internet. LOL, kinda got scared away from it.
Kinda on hiatus here. If you'd still wish to chat and RP with me, follow this little spider to my CS account.
I'm a Jesus Freak. For without the love of Christ, I'd be nothing.
Hawktalon
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Hawktalon »

SheWolfWarrior wrote:Yep, indeed it is! I'm rather excited, though, again, I'll be an episode behind you guys thanks to Hulu. And was I the only one who facepalmed when they showed the Frozen characters coming into the scene? Granted, I've never seen the movie, so I can't judge it properly, but I don't want to see it because of how it blew up the internet. LOL, kinda got scared away from it.
Aaaaahhh Elsa's why I'm excited. Not that I'm a Frozen fan -- I think I'm the one person who found the movie tired and cheesy (I still love my "Let it Go" ear worm though. I'll never stop listening to it. <3) -- but Once Upon a Time tends to give classic cliches a dark twist, and that's what I think Frozen was missing. I'm interested to see how they handle Elsa's character, and I'm secretly hoping she'll become this season's villain. Since she came from Zelena's time portal, there's so much they could do with her to link her to characters and events from past seasons. Besides, Frozen totally ripped off OUaT's Season 1 ending IMO. It kinda deserves a mention here.

As for your Hulu problem, there's a site called Couchtuner.com that you should totally check out. They upload episodes of popular shows like OUaT right after they air. I've gotten caught up with this season of Doctor Who thanks to Couchtuner. It lags sometimes but it does its job. Never gotten a virus from it, either (just thought I'd mention that because sometimes sites like that can be questionable).
SheWolfWarrior
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by SheWolfWarrior »

"Let It Go" is kinda the reason I hate the movie, LOL. I don't think that song will ever leave the internet. You do have a point though, I would love to see what they'll do with the Frozen characters. Maybe, just maybe, make Elsa like the evil snow queen she's based off of. (Another reason I don't like that movie, I love the original story and I don't like what Disney does to originals.) Anyways, I'm more excited to see what poor Regina will do with Emma's awful mistake. Must they continue to cause her pain? I mean, they're more cruel to her than I am to my own villains, and that's saying something, LOL. And in my opinion, Maleficent's twist ending of true love was much better than Frozen's (which I know about due to spoilers, that I willingly ran into.)

Oh, I'll be sure to check them out tomorrow then. Sounds pretty nice, and thank you for saying virus free as well, I am very careful about those. I'm assuming they are also free? Thank you so much for the suggestion. :)
Kinda on hiatus here. If you'd still wish to chat and RP with me, follow this little spider to my CS account.
Padfootsmistress777
CreaturesTrade

SheWolfWarrior wrote:Yep, indeed it is! I'm rather excited, though, again, I'll be an episode behind you guys thanks to Hulu. And was I the only one who facepalmed when they showed the Frozen characters coming into the scene? Granted, I've never seen the movie, so I can't judge it properly, but I don't want to see it because of how it blew up the internet. LOL, kinda got scared away from it.

I'm totally turned off watching it because of this! I mean I still want to because Disney yey~ but holy cow I cannot even stand to listen to that stupid Let it Go song -.- I haven't seen the movie yet either but how many times do Ihave to hear it, or about it .n. I don't lik things being shoved down my throat.... I just hope Once isn't just trying to cash in on this 'gold mine' Disney's produced <. < I don't want the story and characters to suffer (on a meta-level, obviously everyone will suffer in some way xD) for trying to appease Frozen fans....

Ah wait! ! They should totally do the Princess and the Frog! Dr. Facilier would be awesome o.o someone want to write them a letter?

I did finally see Brave for the first time! :D Not as good as I was expecting but still not bad.

I am totes ignoring any and all spoilers ffor both OUaT and Frozen x3 as a notice.

1,756/2000 Turtles

Paaaaaaancaaaaaakes!~
Art Creds in Profile

ImageImageImageImage
Hawktalon
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Hawktalon »

The season opener was so amazing. I'm loving Elsa already.
Spoiler
Loved the "Do You Wanna Build a Snowman?" with Emma as Anna and Regina as Elsa more than you can imagine. Exactly the dark twist I was looking for. "Regina, please, I know you're in there." So awesome. The Frozen stuff was handled so much better than I thought it would be -- especially with Anna, keeping her ditziness but not overdoing it. Oh, and the Beauty and the Beast dance scene with Belle and Rumple. So much fangirling in this episode. And I don't care if he's dead. Emma belongs with Neal. Go be gorgeous someplace else, Hook. :P

Oh Regina, what are you doing? How could you go back? Three seasons of struggling to be good and you just throw it away? Someone smack some sense into this girl. Though I have to admit I miss evil Gina. It's going to be fun seeing her as a villain again. But if Gina's the villain, what the heck is Elsa doing there? I loved the Frozen stuff but after Gina's turning it seemed... pointless? Why introduce a character who doesn't really seem to have any purpose? Maybe I shouldn't be criticizing because it's only the first episode, but meh. Overall a great episode.
SoraTheElf
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by SoraTheElf »

Hawktalon wrote:The season opener was so amazing. I'm loving Elsa already.
Spoiler
Loved the "Do You Wanna Build a Snowman?" with Emma as Anna and Regina as Elsa more than you can imagine. Exactly the dark twist I was looking for. "Regina, please, I know you're in there." So awesome. The Frozen stuff was handled so much better than I thought it would be -- especially with Anna, keeping her ditziness but not overdoing it. Oh, and the Beauty and the Beast dance scene with Belle and Rumple. So much fangirling in this episode. And I don't care if he's dead. Emma belongs with Neal. Go be gorgeous someplace else, Hook. :P

Oh Regina, what are you doing? How could you go back? Three seasons of struggling to be good and you just throw it away? Someone smack some sense into this girl. Though I have to admit I miss evil Gina. It's going to be fun seeing her as a villain again. But if Gina's the villain, what the heck is Elsa doing there? I loved the Frozen stuff but after Gina's turning it seemed... pointless? Why introduce a character who doesn't really seem to have any purpose? Maybe I shouldn't be criticizing because it's only the first episode, but meh. Overall a great episode.
Spoiler
I didn't even make the connection between the "Do you want to build a snoman" part with Emma and Regina. :facepalm: And I loved the Beauty and the Beast dance scene. It's about time that happened.

But I have to disagree with you on Emma belonging with Neal. He left her. He abandoned her. He knew about her past and about her being abandoned but he still left. I get it turned out for the greater good, but with it he forfited all right he had to her affections. And when he came back, it wasn't for Emma herself, it was for Henery, the son he never knew he had. He didn't come back because he loved her. He didn't try to win her affections back for her. The only reason he went after Emma again was out of a misplaced sense that he should give Henery a full family because of what he lost as a child. He grew up without a father and his mother left because she didn't love him, so he should give Henery a full family, even if he doesn't love Emma because he never had that. He doesn't deserve her.

On the other hand, Hook, Killian, has never left Emma. He came back to help her rescue Henery. He waited for her for ages, not once giving up hope, even though she never gave him a reason to keep coming back. He came back for her after Pan's curse, giving up the Jolly Roger, his Home, the place that holds his memories of his brother and lost lover, his whole world and the sum of his earthly possessions, for her. So she could be reunited with her family, so she could be happy, even if it didn't include him. Hell, he almost gave up his life so she wouldn't lose the ability to save her family. He's given up so much for just a crumb of her affection, which is why I think they belong together.
That is also why I wanted to slap/shake her for her actions towards the dear captain in the season opening.

And Elsa is awesome. I can't wait to see where the story is going. And I really hope Emma comes to her senses about Hook soon.
Call me Steph.

Thank you to himehana, Nekoi (Lunar Fox!!), HobbitFeet, Norfindala (beautiful Message), Lucina (Another beautiful message), Anonymous, and the Magistream Staff for all the wonderful gifts and Holiday wishes. :t-^_^: :t-swoon:
Padfootsmistress777
CreaturesTrade

Still haven't seen Frozen, just watched the first episode of the season. I feel like I'm missing soooo much :sweat: . It's kind of annoying that it's so prominent right now <_<.

Buuuuuut:
Spoiler
I was squealing so hard at the Beauty and the Beast Scene, and they even had the music and holy golly gosh it was so sweet <3).

I don't want to start calling the Enchanted Forest "Misthaven" that's stupid >_>.

Though if the characters are anything like in the movie, Anna is like adorable, when I see Frozen I hope she's like that! Elsa is kind of meh right now, she comes off as really, really boring character-wise...Though that snowman she made was AWESOME!

And I'm a hardcore Captain Swan shipper. I actually much prefer Enchanted Forest!Baelfire, over modern day! Neal.

1,756/2000 Turtles

Paaaaaaancaaaaaakes!~
Art Creds in Profile

ImageImageImageImage
SheWolfWarrior
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by SheWolfWarrior »

Just watched the first episode. Thanks for the suggestion of couchtuner, Hawktalon, but it didn't seem to work for me. But I'm okay with being one week behind. Anyways, to join in on the conversation.
Hawktalon wrote:The season opener was so amazing. I'm loving Elsa already.
Spoiler
Spoiler
I kinda understand why Regina's turning back to evil though. LOL, it's actually kinda what I did with my villain that I based off her. Think about it, "Good" is a hard concept for her. She was good before her mother broke her heart, but then she just turned evil. And the more dark magic she used, the more evil she became. Remember, her heart is entirely black. I know there's still good in there, but it's very tiny, probably right at the core of her black heart. So in order to be good, she has to work through all the evil that is surrounding her good, which must be very hard for her. Of course, it was easier when she found love again, thanks to Robin. But now that her heart has been broken once more, she's struggling once more. I, personally, don't see Regina turning back into a villain as a bad thing, I see it as more character development. Of course, I may be a little biased, as she is my favorite. :)

And that dance scene between Rumple and Bell made me smile too, and I'm not even a fan of Disney. I love what they're doing with their relationship. Though I truly wonder if Rumple truly wants to give Bell the real dagger. I mean, he did, but then we saw him use it to open the box, so who knows.

As for the Frozen thing. It was meh, to me. Again, I may be biased thanks to the internet shoving Frozen down my throat, but I just didn't like this episode. It seemed rather flat and everywhere. I mean, it focused on a lot of characters this episode. All the main characters, of course, but then Elsa and Anna too. I just hope they don't get too overwhelmed with having too many characters at once. Which is something I've done myself, and it didn't turn out pretty.
Padfootsmistress777
CreaturesTrade

I have to admit SheWolf, I think it's hilarious you're not a big fan of Disney considering the show being discussed! XD Not that it matters or anything, not at all, it's just a bit funny x3.
Spoiler
Luckily it seems like Regina won't be going back, I mean she did save Marian from the Snow Monster, something she would never have done in the past (or she might have, just to kill the person herself ._.).

Want to know what I think? I think we need to keep an eye on a special talking mirror. I hope he ends up being more important than JUST a mirror. I want him to be the bad guy!!!!

Also, like also, hello guys, THEY BROUGHT GLASS BACK! Holy cow, It just hit me that he hasn't been seen in like...three seasons and he's freaking BACK!!! How cool is that?

1,756/2000 Turtles

Paaaaaaancaaaaaakes!~
Art Creds in Profile

ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Guilds Quarter”