Operation Save MagiStream

Learn about the latest updates here.
Madd
Queen of Mean
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Re: Operation Save MagiStream

Post by Madd »

Can't really do a progress bar... it's a little more complicated than that. The costs are based on bandwidth, which I don't yet know since it hasn't happened yet. At best it'd be a bad guestimate, and it'd probably go backwards sometimes. It'd also be really hard to make.

I will say that if we reach a financial place where I feel that we'll make it, you'll be the first to know. I'll definitely keep everybody updated on how we're doing.
I don't work here anymore but I do still have this egg

Valkrye
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Valkrye »

Idea: Extra Doni this month? A rarer one that costs like 5+ shards? I know a ton of people (including myself) would jump at the chance.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Just back from several year hiatus!
Cassowary
CreaturesTrade

Post by Cassowary »

Tristan wrote:Can't really do a progress bar... it's a little more complicated than that. The costs are based on bandwidth, which I don't yet know since it hasn't happened yet. At best it'd be a bad guestimate, and it'd probably go backwards sometimes. It'd also be really hard to make.

I will say that if we reach a financial place where I feel that we'll make it, you'll be the first to know. I'll definitely keep everybody updated on how we're doing.

:yarly:
~ G I V E A W A Y ~
(once trades work...)
ImageImageImageImageImage
xXAzerinXx
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by xXAzerinXx »

Valkrye wrote:Idea: Extra Doni this month? A rarer one that costs like 5+ shards? I know a ton of people (including myself) would jump at the chance.
I could be wrong, but I don't think so. A lot of people have trouble donating and with donation pet prices as is. Having ANOTHER donation creature that is 5 or even more shards might just prove more vexing than anything for some or most. If there would be another donation creature released to help this cause, I think it would be better to make it cheaper, thus more affordable. More people would be able to afford them, so more people would try to get them, causing an increase in the amount of donations for that particular creature. Again, I could be wrong, but that's just my thoughts.
Cassowary wrote:
Tristan wrote:Can't really do a progress bar... it's a little more complicated than that. The costs are based on bandwidth, which I don't yet know since it hasn't happened yet. At best it'd be a bad guestimate, and it'd probably go backwards sometimes. It'd also be really hard to make.

:yarly:
XD
Away. );

Miss it here.
Thank you for everything.
</3

secret, much-needed vents:
Spoiler
how can I be true to you, when you're not true to me...

edit, 10/16:
I don't understand people who lie just to ****ing lie.

GPX+: Image
VDex: Image | Image
NKfloofiepoof
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by NKfloofiepoof »

Question about the auction: do we have to have the hatchlings in-hand when we bid, or do we just worry about buying/hatching/freezing them if/when we win?

Edit because I can't read :derp: First question still stands.
Buying unwanted SB elephant snails for shop price
Buying Bread Creatures for 2k each

Image-Free Magi Nursery
Madd
Queen of Mean
CreaturesTrade

Post by Madd »

NKfloofiepoof wrote:Question about the auction: do we have to have the hatchlings in-hand when we bid, or do we just worry about buying/hatching/freezing them if/when we win?

In hand.
I don't work here anymore but I do still have this egg

NKfloofiepoof
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by NKfloofiepoof »

Tristan wrote:
NKfloofiepoof wrote:Question about the auction: do we have to have the hatchlings in-hand when we bid, or do we just worry about buying/hatching/freezing them if/when we win?

In hand.
Thanks for clarifying <3
Buying unwanted SB elephant snails for shop price
Buying Bread Creatures for 2k each

Image-Free Magi Nursery
butcherbaby
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by butcherbaby »

xXAzerinXx wrote:
Valkrye wrote:Idea: Extra Doni this month? A rarer one that costs like 5+ shards? I know a ton of people (including myself) would jump at the chance.
I could be wrong, but I don't think so. A lot of people have trouble donating and with donation pet prices as is. Having ANOTHER donation creature that is 5 or even more shards might just prove more vexing than anything for some or most. If there would be another donation creature released to help this cause, I think it would be better to make it cheaper, thus more affordable. More people would be able to afford them, so more people would try to get them, causing an increase in the amount of donations for that particular creature. Again, I could be wrong, but that's just my thoughts.
both ideas could work- have some special release DPs that are both less and more expensive. perhaps a 1 shard and maybe another 2 shard? a great idea for a 5+ shard would be releasing special recolors of a retired DP (black temple cat anyone? :omg: ), GB, or even QB. recolors wouldn't be directly competing with the auction and might be very appealing to those who would like something unique or old but don't feel they can donate enough to win the auction.

i don't know how quickly the much wanted DP breeding potion could be implemented, but this might be a good time for it (bought with shards only, of course.)

and there's always ads. i know you want to keep the site ad-free, but i'm sure i'm not the only one who'd rather see ads than no no magistream at all.
randomname
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by randomname »

I agree--breeding potions for shards for the donis and advertisements would bring in cash. MS is great ad-free, but maybe it's time to make the switch.
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Enchanteddil
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Enchanteddil »

randomname wrote:I agree--breeding potions for shards for the donis and advertisements would bring in cash. MS is great ad-free, but maybe it's time to make the switch.
Totally agree with these two suggestions.

Return to “Site News”