A bit of help, please? Computer trouble

Get help and give out your ideas for improvement.
Merkwerkee
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

A bit of help, please? Computer trouble

Post by Merkwerkee »

Okay. Last winter I had to reformat my hard drive. Right now I'm staring at some old files that say they were last modified before the reformat. I didn't know this could happen, but I was just going to delete them - I never really needed them in the first place, and I really don't need them now. However, whenever I try and send them to the recycling bin I either get a "this file's name is too long for the recycle bin; do you wish to delete forever?" or "are you SURE you want to send this to the recycle bin?" I click yes either way, 'cause I only want them gone, but both ways they don't go away! Is there anything I can do to delete them forever permanently?

The Shattered Compass
I do free CSS
Sig Set By Incandescence
wolfeyedangel
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Re: A bit of help, please? Computer trouble

Post by wolfeyedangel »

Try something like CCleaner. That's the sort of thing they specialize in getting rid of bits and pieces that should have gone away that didn't. Run their registry cleaner. It's quite conservative and I've never had any issues with it so you don't have to worry about it deleting something you still use. :)

~Wolf
PBEs in which I participate: High Reaches 4th Pass, Golden Valley Weyr
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Merkwerkee
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Re: A bit of help, please? Computer trouble

Post by Merkwerkee »

Thankee kindly

The Shattered Compass
I do free CSS
Sig Set By Incandescence

Return to “Support and Suggestions”