Idea for auction!

Get help and give out your ideas for improvement.
ryer
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: Idea for auction!

Post by ryer »

I used to be on basilmarket a few years ago and it worked quite well there. I would definitely love to see this feature on magistream!
Soleil
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Soleil »

pegasi1978 wrote:I have to say I disagree. There would be no way to ensure that the auctioneer was being honest about there being a reserve price and whether the reserve has been met or not with the way the system is currently run. Maybe if things were more automated (a la ebay), but not as they currently stand.
I have to agree with you Pegasi, this would work, possibly, if we had a more automated system for auctioning but right now there is really no way to keep the auctioneer from lying/changing their reserve price.
Amkorra
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by Amkorra »

ok, if I got this right: you make this Price, and when it's not met at the end of the auction the one with the highest bid has to tell you if he wants to buy it for an higher price? and if he says no the ending time means nothing? I wouldn't want to see that. Not everyone on Magistream is an adult and it would be somehow unfair. I think you have to write down the ending price somewhere at ebay? Id on't know about that, but it's hidden and has to be set at the beginning.? Quite complicated in my opinion..

Well, it's an auction. If no one wants it, you would have lot's of never ending auctions? Lets say you have an auction for 20 Sb Kois ( Maximum value arround 5k? acording to 250g each) and th eAB is 100k and the Owner makes it with this unknown price. He never posts that this price is met. And because no one knows what the value is, no one can proof...
Now highest bid is 2k gold. The Auction is over and the owner things: 'wait I thought I would get more... Let's try to charge the highest bider more then I wanted... and ask for 10k'
Wouldn't you feel fooled as the highest bidder?
And after weeks and month ther are a few more bids and now its 2.5k and he asks for 5 k instead
who could sue him? Noone knew the price he wanted, so no moderator could help

(Hope this was understandable. My English is not always the best...)
Firebird
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Firebird »

I do not like the idea of reserved price mainly because of what has already been said. If you want a set price you can post a LTS thread with your asking price. As for Auctions themselves, the only way i can see them being any better is to actually place a creature in a space and allow bidding on it This would only work for creatures and money a user has of course.

At the end of the Auction the trade would be automatic transfering creatures/money from the highest bid to the person that placed creature up.
ImageImage
TxCat
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by TxCat »

On other sites I've frequented (other pet sites) in which a reserve is used, it just causes problems for the moderators. Someone nearly always complains that he or she should have had the creature because he or she didn't read the rules for the auction.

I'm somewhat confused and would like clarification, but cannot a user already do this --- state in their auction that the bid must start at X amount and go up in increments of X amount? If so, a reserve feature added into the site just seems rather redundant.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. Harlan Ellison

DC: ImageImageImageImageImageImage Nyoka: ImageImageImage Flowergame: ImageImage
Ktanaqui
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Ktanaqui »

TxCat wrote:On other sites I've frequented (other pet sites) in which a reserve is used, it just causes problems for the moderators. Someone nearly always complains that he or she should have had the creature because he or she didn't read the rules for the auction.

I'm somewhat confused and would like clarification, but cannot a user already do this --- state in their auction that the bid must start at X amount and go up in increments of X amount? If so, a reserve feature added into the site just seems rather redundant.
It is redundant. If they want a specific prize (the reserve), then all they would have to do is make the SB the reserve...

ImageImage
Firepaw
CreaturesTrade

Post by Firepaw »

Ktanaqui wrote:It is redundant. If they want a specific prize (the reserve), then all they would have to do is make the SB the reserve...
Exactly, just make it the SB, so what it's going to start high, better than have some imaginary number being needed to reach :P

Image Image

Return to “Support and Suggestions”