Writing Contest!

Share any written short stories, novels, or poetry

Moderator: Tea House Moderators

Chuckeh
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: Writing Contest!

Post by Chuckeh »

Icethornstar wrote:If you don't mind me saying, ILC, it might not be the best idea to use this as a shop intro- the plot is kinda long to fit into a scanty paragraph, or even a single page on Word. If you want some kind of well-written story, this would be better fitting to be a novel of some sort, which would render the point of the contest useless. Basically, it'd be long. Very, very long. At least 10 pages minimum on Word or so.
So...ah...would you need the whole plot? Just...wondering... ><;
Kestrad wrote:Perhaps you should mention in the first post that the story would be for a shop. I mean, I would certainly like to know if you intend to use what I write. You should probably also promise to credit the author.

@Ice It doesn't have to be more than 1 page. I don't think it has to be like very very long for people not to read it.
@Kestrad Yes I will put some credit for who wrote this.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Happy New Year
Coming back from a hiatus. Will be inconsistently online.
Chuckeh
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Chuckeh »

:devil: :t-puppyeyes:
Bump
Happy New Year
crazyflight
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by crazyflight »

She's only saying that it would be over one page is because that is a very complex prompt. If you actually want this to be a story, it would need a plot, conflict, etc. That wouldn't make sense to put in front of a shop. You should change or shorten, or at least broaden the prompt.
ImageImageImageImageImage
always looking to buy streamborn opal and diamond gemstone kirin!
also happy to buy water shop creatures for shop price + 100g for whomever wants!
<3 <3 <3
Chuckeh
CreaturesTrade

Post by Chuckeh »

Crazyflight wrote:She's only saying that it would be over one page is because that is a very complex prompt. If you actually want this to be a story, it would need a plot, conflict, etc. That wouldn't make sense to put in front of a shop. You should change or shorten, or at least broaden the prompt.
Can you guys shorten it. Well its fine if you shorten it with me. If you shorten it I'd be happy with that. I don't really want it to be that long. Just at least make it the best you can guys. If it is short it's short. I'll be fine with it..
Happy New Year
Chuckeh
CreaturesTrade

Post by Chuckeh »

Bump
Happy New Year
Chuckeh
CreaturesTrade

Post by Chuckeh »

IloveChuck wrote:Bump
Happy New Year
Chuckeh
CreaturesTrade

Post by Chuckeh »

:bounce:
Happy New Year
DemonicWolf
CreaturesTrade

Post by DemonicWolf »

Can I add onto this later? I am a bit busy but this is what I have so far. Sorry for changing the beginning a bit.

Gina was sitting at the table, eating dinner with her family; Mother, father, and brothers. "Why aren't you eating your chicken, Gina?" Her mother, Anna Hawk asked quietly and under the music being played by the small jazz band. "I don't like chicken mother. I already ate my vegatables and salad. Isn't that enough?" Gina, annoyed by her mother, said to her as she shot her a depressed look. Gina wiped her hands on her napkin, Adam and John, her brothers, staring at her as they ate their chicken quietly. The two of them looked like twins with their matching clothes and dirty blonde hair. Adam was a year older then John, though. "Don't talk to your mother that way Gina," her father, Nickolas Hawk, said with a stern and frowning voice. He now too was shooting an angered look at Gina, right with her mother. Gina sighed, "I'll be waiting outside." she said annoyed and without letting her family speak to her, she walked quickly towards the resturants fron door and opened it. She stepped outside, the chilling breeze of the fall night quickly hitting her. She started running, running up towards the old house on the hill behind the resturant. I'll go there and hide from my family, Gina thought to herself as she went running. Behind her, she could hear her parents and brothers yelling for her, yelling for her to stop running awya and to get back to the table. They started chasing her, but she ignored that they were following her into the house.

Gina pulled open the creaking and old door to the old house. Everyone in town had said it was haunted and abandoned. She ran inside, the wind blowing the door open as she tried shutting it. She ran up the stairs, tripping over a small cat that was asleep on the stairs and tumbling the rest of the few steps. She looked down at her family. "Leave me alone!" Gina yelled at them. They shook their heads, "Not until you get rid of that nonsense!" her mother and father yelled back at her. She turns her back to her family, and ran into a room. She fell to the floor, she wasn't expecting someone to be standing infront of her like he was. She stared up at him, his brown hair shining from the small moonlight coming in from the broken glassed window. "Here," he said as he held out his hand to her and helped her up. She took his hand, and stood up with his help. "I am Hunter. Hunter Jones," Hunter said with a small smile. Gina was falling in love now, in love with Hunter. "Hi. I'm Gina Hawk," she said in a faint voice and her eyes stil staring at Hunter.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage. . . . . . . Click The Eggs Above Please! . . . . . . .Image
Chuckeh
CreaturesTrade

Post by Chuckeh »

DemonicWolf wrote:Can I add onto this later? I am a bit busy but this is what I have so far. Sorry for changing the beginning a bit.

Gina was sitting at the table, eating dinner with her family; Mother, father, and brothers. "Why aren't you eating your chicken, Gina?" Her mother, Anna Hawk asked quietly and under the music being played by the small jazz band. "I don't like chicken mother. I already ate my vegatables and salad. Isn't that enough?" Gina, annoyed by her mother, said to her as she shot her a depressed look. Gina wiped her hands on her napkin, Adam and John, her brothers, staring at her as they ate their chicken quietly. The two of them looked like twins with their matching clothes and dirty blonde hair. Adam was a year older then John, though. "Don't talk to your mother that way Gina," her father, Nickolas Hawk, said with a stern and frowning voice. He now too was shooting an angered look at Gina, right with her mother. Gina sighed, "I'll be waiting outside." she said annoyed and without letting her family speak to her, she walked quickly towards the resturants fron door and opened it. She stepped outside, the chilling breeze of the fall night quickly hitting her. She started running, running up towards the old house on the hill behind the resturant. I'll go there and hide from my family, Gina thought to herself as she went running. Behind her, she could hear her parents and brothers yelling for her, yelling for her to stop running awya and to get back to the table. They started chasing her, but she ignored that they were following her into the house.

Gina pulled open the creaking and old door to the old house. Everyone in town had said it was haunted and abandoned. She ran inside, the wind blowing the door open as she tried shutting it. She ran up the stairs, tripping over a small cat that was asleep on the stairs and tumbling the rest of the few steps. She looked down at her family. "Leave me alone!" Gina yelled at them. They shook their heads, "Not until you get rid of that nonsense!" her mother and father yelled back at her. She turns her back to her family, and ran into a room. She fell to the floor, she wasn't expecting someone to be standing infront of her like he was. She stared up at him, his brown hair shining from the small moonlight coming in from the broken glassed window. "Here," he said as he held out his hand to her and helped her up. She took his hand, and stood up with his help. "I am Hunter. Hunter Jones," Hunter said with a small smile. Gina was falling in love now, in love with Hunter. "Hi. I'm Gina Hawk," she said in a faint voice and her eyes stil staring at Hunter.

Yes, you can add more to the story of yours.
Happy New Year
Chuckeh
CreaturesTrade

Post by Chuckeh »

:sweat: {{BUMO}}
Happy New Year

Return to “Tea House”