Official Creature Suggestion Thread

Get help and give out your ideas for improvement.
HiddenMystic
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Re: Official Creature Suggestion Thread

Post by HiddenMystic »

White ghost cicadia
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

A giant, puppy sized moth with a fat fuzzy body that likes to cuddle :D I'd immediately start an army of them.

Also, the white witch moth! Which would be a separate creature from the fat fuzzy puppy moth.
Spoiler
Be kind.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Formerly MadameRed - same grumpy soul, new and improved theft!
15th Magiversary Free Raffle!
Danafox
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Danafox »

Nikikeya wrote: November 7th, 2023, 11:48:18 pm
Windi1 wrote: October 17th, 2023, 11:21:20 am
Nikikeya wrote: October 5th, 2023, 8:42:04 am very quick sketch

I just got this idea thought it was cute. Love the new layout of the site, will try to pop around more. blessed days to all. ta~
These are too cute!!! Orange one reminds me of the Sonoran desert frog.
They're actually based on the world's tiniest frog the Pumpkin Toadlet

On a side note: I think a rain frog as puffball mushroom is perfect too.
This creature alone will make me finally collect frogs on this site. Please? Toad Stools....clever!
Dana's Sales Bin
LTT Donis for Below1Percent

Thank you to all my gifters! <3
JustaBunny
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by JustaBunny »

Are there any snakes like hognose snakes?
Spoiler
They're just such derpy little snake friends and I wasn't a huge snake fan until I learned about them!

Thank you thank you for the thoughtful gifts this year and every year! They are so appreciated and loved :hooray: :t-hugme: I will keep all these bunnies, cats, and more close to my chest. <3

LTB: Frozen Original Arkai Egg :D
audrei9
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by audrei9 »

JustaBunny wrote: December 26th, 2023, 7:18:29 pm Are there any snakes like hognose snakes?
Spoiler
They're just such derpy little snake friends and I wasn't a huge snake fan until I learned about them!
Not that I know of, but I think it would be interesting to have a life-themed snake that turns into a branch or something to confuse predators, or a void themed snake which literally turns into a corpse through magic.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
audrei9
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by audrei9 »

Altairia wrote: December 16th, 2023, 5:12:45 pm Are there any ouroboros on the site?
I have an idea for this! Water-element type snake which is made entirely out of water and ice, and periodically swallows itself to remove impurities from its body! We can say that it lives in wells and can rejoin itself if it's been cut up, as a reference to the legend of the Lambton Worm too!
audrei9
CreaturesTrade

Post by audrei9 »

I cam here to suggest a creature.

A bee that flies around and gathers various seeds and grains, and instead of making honey in its hive, it grinds these grains to make bread! The bread can magically taste like anything the bees want it to, and they feed it to predators to get away scott free. The side effect of the bread is that it magically makes the predator docile and approachable, leaving the bees alone.

The bees cook the bread by stinging it, so their element is neutral/ fire. They typically reserve their stings for the bread.
Their hives are also made of bread crusts, but it's very burned and hard so no one really wants to eat it.

Their eggs smell of freshly baked bread, but licking it reveals that they're absolutely horrible. There's several cracks in the crust, but there's nothing to worry about since bread bees coat their eggs in a hard crust to protect them, which is bound to have cracks anyway, and the eggs contain spongey bread instead of yolk so there's no risk of leakage.

Magi who keep bread bees like to feed the bees special grains and potions, so the bread they produce will be magical. The bread itself is a common ingredient in various potions and magical recipes, and the calming effect it has on the natural predators of bread bees means that the bread is useful in taming aggressive creatures.
sunsprite
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by sunsprite »

i had a lightbulb moment— how about a creature that can change elements each season/solstice, and its design reflects its change? i’m not sure what type of animal it would be, maybe a dragon.

another idea i had is more batcoons based off of candy. as far as i know there’s only the candy corn batcoon, but i think there’s a lot of potential with the batcoon idea in general :italian: sour gummy candy, chocolate strawberry, candy apple, etc
xxxxxxpreviously delspresso
[supply my orange rabbitsune addiction]
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

Call me boring, but do all the MS creatures 'have to be' magical? This world seems to be medieval, even if it's not a Empire/Kingdom/Royal Fife of some kind. But we know that not everyone is a Magi, there are regular mundane folk living here. And they probably don't have fancy, magical creatures on their farms/homesteads.

So why not some regular mundane creatures too.
1. plain old alley cats that come in LOTS of different colors
2. dogs that come in different breeds; chihuahuas, dobermans, GSDs, poodles.. all breedable with each other, with a hybrid that is just a MUTT :P
3. chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys... your every day barnyard birds
3a. maybe they can breed the occasional Turducken
4. spotted cows, longhorns, black/red angus, highlands, etc.
5. horses; arabians, throughbreds, pintos, appaloosas.. that are all breedable to each other - 50/50 chance of either.. or something you can breed long special lineages of
5a. maybe even have equine related minigames; races, jumping, shows where you earn ribbons, etc.
6. zoo animals; lions and tigers and bears OH MY!!!

Creatures that are familiar, and NOT special or magical.. just critters that are breedable and not limited event unbreedables.
I am in the process of moving house, so I will not be around much for the foreseeable future.
sunsprite
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by sunsprite »

maybe more types of capricorn? ive recently become quite fond of them and thought the idea was very interesting. Maybe these new ones could be based off of a type of deer or elk for the ibex part, or even cervine/equine-ish creatures that already exist on the site like hollowjacks, gemstone kirin, or the spirit deer (shika mizu / maza iteiri / fia puca)

the fish tail/koi part could also be based off of other koi of the site, like ouranian koi (fluid tails made of waves), amethyst koi (the horn on their head would be a cool addition), dragon koi (draconic capricorns with long tails), etc

(edit: oops didnt mean to double-post. this post specifically used to be on a different page, but oh well)
Last edited by sunsprite on March 16th, 2024, 9:27:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xxxxxxpreviously delspresso
[supply my orange rabbitsune addiction]

Return to “Support and Suggestions”