NaNoWriMo Club.

The place to converse with other members of a guild or club.
Jongarakun
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Re: NaNoWriMo Club.

Post by Jongarakun »

Same. I haven't done anything for NaNo this year. This year has gone by so quickly...

Always next year!
TNHawke
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by TNHawke »

Guh.... I'm afraid this is my worst failure EVER! Every other year (all 10 or 11 or however many it's been) I at least start strong. I even have all my notes and outlines and everything together this year and *whud* no desire to write. At all.
Hawke's IRL fiance, Lunaroki, suffered a massive stroke and died on Tuesday, March 31st, 2015.

Hawke needs to concentrate on other things, and is leaving MS permanently.

Thank you all for many fun years.
ImageImageImageImage
pegasi1978
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by pegasi1978 »

I've given up ever accomplishing NaNo. I've never been able to stay interested develop a story well enough to keep going for 50000. The longest thing I ever wrote was a Sailor Moon fanfiction, that I don't even know if I have a copy of any more as every site that it was hosted on has gone offline. And now that I can't access any files on my laptop, I can't even check the word count.

Hang on I didn't realize that I had those files on my husband's computer....my old fanfiction had 17000 words in it when I stopped writing.
2024 Crystalwings, Diamond Koi, horse-y things and Cypheles Crystalwings please!| Wishlist in profile | Avatar by Munin!
TNHawke
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by TNHawke »

Ha ha! That's awesome Pegasi!

Here we are, on Day 10, and I haven't done more than created a document for what was going to be my NaNo. Then, just today, I decided to see about trying to Pants It. Just babble writing with nothing formed yet. So far, I have Wimbleflower Trufflethumb, a Trolekin. He lives in an enchanted forest, I think. I know what he looks like and that when asked what he eats, he answers, "Toadstools, mostly. Though sometimes the toads themselves."
And I have this line in my head, "Dag nabbit, Grindylow! Give me back my shoe!" Except that I don't think Wimbleflower wears shoes... or maybe that's why he doesn't wear shoes!
Hawke's IRL fiance, Lunaroki, suffered a massive stroke and died on Tuesday, March 31st, 2015.

ImageImageImageImage
Mangolady
CreaturesTrade

Post by Mangolady »

Fellow Nanowrimos!

Username: Mangolady
NaNoWriMo Username: Berylbon
How many years have you participated in NaNoWriMo? This is my second year.

I just finished the main goal of 50,000, but I sort of set an OA goal of getting to 80,000. Not sure if I'll make it, my manuscript is a compete and utter mess! :facepalm:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
TNHawke
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by TNHawke »

Congrats to you!

I didn't even make it to 400 words this year.

ImageImageImageImage
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

Oh, I forgot this existed.
I am determined to make 50k this year, even with juggling a job. I did have a few fall behinds the past couple weeks because of my temporary shift change at work. But since I'm back on day shift I should be able to keep up, provided I can think of things to write. I'm on track at the moment, having splurged the other day and wrote 5700 words in one day to catch up. :lol:
Raneth
Hello World
CreaturesTrade

Post by Raneth »

I made it to 30k and stalled a bit. There's still hope though!
ImageImageImage

Pretty ponies...
TNHawke
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by TNHawke »

whoot! Go you guys! You've got this!

ImageImageImageImage
Niverdia
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Niverdia »

Will this be locked up as zombie, if I revive it? :D

NaNo is a few days away, and I'm thinking of finally taking the plunge. My story is a slice of life/romance with possible fantasy elements. Main reason for trying to write down at least some of my headworld story is that 1) I've been in this rp group for a couple months now and have lately seen that I can write quite a bit when I'm motivated; 2) I'm unemployed at the time, so yeeaaah, lots of time to do things.

Good luck to anyone doing it this year!

Return to “Guilds Quarter”