Goldmining is causing the lag, and must stop

Learn about the latest updates here.
Windi1
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Re: Goldmining is causing the lag, and must stop

Post by Windi1 »

Mochipet wrote: September 22nd, 2023, 3:56:59 pm I mean theoretically couldn't there be a thread started in the reindeer game section where the sole purpose of the thread is mine forum posting for gold?

Because right now it seems posting in forums is one of the main ways to get a decent amount of gold in a short time so I'm frankly surprised no one has done a forum gold mining thread. Unless that's something the mods immediately shut down.
There are several there and in Daycare. Click on hatchlings and eggs to help them grow and you get gold with each click. No one needs to use something that will constantly lag and bog down the site.
My Wish list?
Spoiler
Looking for the following: Event pets!
agaori, all dragon breeds,
gryphons, hippogryphs
wolves, koi, spiders, Serendin, all Amagnaes Alvean Yale, All Wraithes
direcores, capricorns, jackalopes,
Vahti, Wallatrice
All khirin, event pets, shop pets and past donis

Image Big need: All Event pets, Wugu Amagnae Hoarding:ImageImage 25/25 gifts
Zanura
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Zanura »

bandbullets wrote: September 23rd, 2023, 10:28:48 pm i just found out abt protected/hidden tabs(idk i didnt pay attention a lot paying back then and there's like a lot i dont know/havent tried on MS) and uhh 75k for one-use scroll is like also quite the investment rip lmfao(only reason why im even considering getting it is bc of the egg collecting quests head in hands) im tryin my best to be more active in forums since its fun talking here yaya
I suppose the scrolls are technically one-use, but it's the permanent unlock kind of one-use.
Please don't gift me current releases
-------------------------------------------------------------------
~LOVEWHOYOUARE
TRANS⚧EQUALITY~
bandbullets
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by bandbullets »

Zanura wrote: September 25th, 2023, 4:02:52 am
bandbullets wrote: September 23rd, 2023, 10:28:48 pm i just found out abt protected/hidden tabs(idk i didnt pay attention a lot paying back then and there's like a lot i dont know/havent tried on MS) and uhh 75k for one-use scroll is like also quite the investment rip lmfao(only reason why im even considering getting it is bc of the egg collecting quests head in hands) im tryin my best to be more active in forums since its fun talking here yaya
I suppose the scrolls are technically one-use, but it's the permanent unlock kind of one-use.
oh wait fr? well i never got the item so i wouldnt know(im working on getting it,, i guess gonna take me forever tho 😭😭) not to mention hidden and protected scrolls are two separate things anyways so its not a huge upgrade for efforts worth for both, ill try to maybe just one
Windi1
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Windi1 »

bandbullets wrote: September 25th, 2023, 4:13:43 am
Zanura wrote: September 25th, 2023, 4:02:52 am
oh wait fr? well i never got the item so i wouldnt know(im working on getting it,, i guess gonna take me forever tho 😭😭) not to mention hidden and protected scrolls are two separate things anyways so its not a huge upgrade for efforts worth for both, ill try to maybe just one
Using the click threads in Reindeer games forum and those in Daycare will give you gold. Going and clicking on eggs and hatchlings of others will give you gold. What they're talking about is nixxing how the mass clicking is done and the adults, hence the gold mining. ATM, adults can be clicked on, but little rewards are given. I'd rather save my clicking for gold to only doing it if it, also, benefits another.

The difference between hidden and protected is with the hidden scrolls, only you can see what's there. With protected, everyone can see. With both, no one can click on the hatchlings that are in said groups. A huge benefit of the scrolls is that once you get it, you can apply it to more than 1 group.
My Wish list?
Spoiler
Looking for the following: Event pets!
agaori, all dragon breeds,
gryphons, hippogryphs
wolves, koi, spiders, Serendin, all Amagnaes Alvean Yale, All Wraithes
direcores, capricorns, jackalopes,
Vahti, Wallatrice
All khirin, event pets, shop pets and past donis

Image Big need: All Event pets, Wugu Amagnae Hoarding:ImageImage 25/25 gifts
wystearya
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by wystearya »

Windi1 wrote: September 25th, 2023, 5:00:10 am
The difference between hidden and protected is with the hidden scrolls, only you can see what's there. With protected, everyone can see. With both, no one can click on the hatchlings that are in said groups. A huge benefit of the scrolls is that once you get it, you can apply it to more than 1 group.
Perhaps I misunderstood, or I am doing it wrong, but I can only either hide OR protect a tab. I cannot do both for one tab. Because if you click to Protect on a tab that is already hidden, it unhides it. And vice versa.
Image Image ~ Image ~ Image Image

Wishlist in profile. <3 25/25 gifts - Thank you!
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

That is correct.. hide or protect, but not both at once.

If you don't want others to know what you have, choose the Scroll of Cloaking. (also doesn't allow clicks)
If you don't want things to be clicked, choose the Scroll of Protection.

If you do a lot of gifting, choose Cloaking
If you do a lot of trading, choose Protection
05/24/2024 Moving Day - not sure how long I will be offline
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

kunigund wrote: September 21st, 2023, 8:19:31 am I don't mind that shop creatures are priced as they currently are. I always saw them as rare creatures and not a daily shopping event (I do not goldmine).
dreamsandlove wrote: September 21st, 2023, 6:52:47 am when clicking a creature gives us a whopping whole 1 gold for it.
It's not that bad.
[adult = 1g]
hatchling (not your element or neutral) = 1g
hatchling (your element) = 2g
egg (not your element or neutral) = 5g
egg (your element) = 10g
posting in the forums: max 200 g (less for short posts and multiple posts in a row)

So, posting 5 x per day in the click threads for 10 days gives you 10,000 g.
Or posting 10 x per day for 5 days gives you also 10,000 g.
Both are not not unrealistic and during events (or the appearance of non-permanent shops) with many users online easily doubled or more.
This does not even include gold from clicking eggs and hatchlings, which is naturally a slower source of gold.
I think the 5g/10g thing is with the Alicanto Heart item, which boosts the amount of gold you get when clicking on eggs (since originally it boosted you from 1g to 5g on eggs). Tho I have no way of checking since I do have the Alicanto Heart, so idk what you get w/o it.
kunigund
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by kunigund »

@BBkat: You are right, I completely forgot about this! Thank you for pointing this out! :t-:3: I edited the original post and added a link to your post.
- - - - -

Here is more info how to get the Alicanto Heart and what it does in case you are new and wonder what we are talking about.
froglady
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by froglady »

I'm gonna jump in with both newbie feet and make a couple suggestions for gold acquisition that might work without people sitting and playing games or getting buckets of gold a day from them.

Gold reward for being the click that hatches an egg or makes a hatchling an adult. Wouldn't have to be much, say 10 gold for each? This benefits everyone and encourages egg clicking (where games would discourage it).

Exploration game. You choose one adult creature per game day to go on an expedition and it returns with what it gathered. There could be different rewards in each expedition for creatures of the same element (extra gold or maybe an item along with the gold) and of the opposing element (very little gold). They would be rotated randomly for each player with no way for anyone to know which expedition/element is active each day. It would be luck of the draw based on which creature you chose to send exploring. The expedition itself could just be a "black box" with only the results shown to the player.

Those seem in keeping with the spirit of the game more than 2048 or match game or bubble popping or whatever.
My join date says 2012, when I made an account I promptly forgot about until August 2023, so I'm really *gasp* a newbie. :)
I have no phobias or disliked critters. Feel free to click anything in my keep, except the "Quests" tab. I think you'll find plenty there without those 2 or 3.
Mochipet
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Mochipet »

Just learned what snaplinks was tonight and completely blanked that we couldn't farm adults that way. Apologies to the mods- definately won't be doing that anymore. T_T

Return to “Site News”