Re: Munin´s art -spriting tutorial finished/ new set up

Post by oceanmist »

Beautiful Munin!
Duck
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Duck »

Your work is absolutely beautiful! That blue hippo is just gorgeous (looks Egyptian, not sure if that was the intent or if it's coincidental). I'd love to get on your waiting list. Do you have any idea of the timeline you're working on or should I just stalk your thread and ninja my way in there when there's a slot? Or are you going 'PEACE! I'm on vacation!' when you're done with everything?
ImageImageImageImageImage

:t-woo: Links of Love :t-woo:
Spoiler
More link love in my profile! There's too much love to fit here!
Patches100
CreaturesTrade

Post by Patches100 »

:angry: so u cant do a request?
DragCave: ImageImageImageImage<-- dino egg// Cheese Drag Egg --> Imagedino eggie --> Image
Cats:Image
Rijolt
Pixel Artist
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rijolt »

Patches100 wrote::angry: so u cant do a request?
Not right now, obviously. Munin has a lot to work on right now anyway, let alone doing free stuff. =p
You could PAY to get one, however.

Lovely hippo by the way. XD They look lovely in blue.~
Pixel Artist
Debug Tester for Nintendo
Spoiler
Games I've worked on:
-Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Happy Home Paradise (Name in credits)
-Pikmin 4 (Name in credits)
-Mario Strikers: Battle League
-[Redacted]
Clickables
Spoiler
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
HappyCat
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Re: Munin´s art -spriting tutorial finished/ new creature up

Post by HappyCat »

Munin wrote:
zylle wrote:
Patches100 wrote:could u make me a pixel?
Poof! You're a pixel - sorry I couldn't resist :D
What´s that stray pixel doing in my thread :derr:

Here you go, last finished request in 2009:
Image Image Image

Happy new year to everyone! :wave:
wow this hippo is wonderfull O.o this blue is just lovely :crazy:
I am always buying frozens at 99.99%
:)
ShimoOkami
CreaturesTrade

Post by ShimoOkami »

[longpost]Your lovely pixels are making me want to get back into spriting~ Too bad I don't have enough time. What kind of teachers assign projects over winter break? @_@; Maybe we could do a sprite trade sometime. I only have a few, older sprites that I didn't put a lot of effort into (around 10-20 min for 50x50, 30-45 min for 100x100) on my dA. I should spend more time on my stuff. It's obvious that you put a lot of time and effort into your work, and with wonderful results! Still, everyone can improve. I'll always be happy to give crits, just ask. I love looking at tutorials, not because I actually follow them, but because I can pick up tips and methods that work for me. I took a look at yours. It really helped me see how to build up different shades, something that's hard to determine by looking just at the finished sprite. I always have trouble with that. Do you think you could do a similar tutorial using a furry animal like a wolf sometime? I want to see how you do thick fur. I have a hard time spriting fluffy fur. Don't worry about doing it if you don't have time. You don't have to do it at all if you don't want to.

Okay, I should probably shut up now. Before I stop getting off-topic. 8D *grins* (Why did I write all this anyways?) Aaand I should probably get back to those projects. *scuttles off*[/longpost]
MagiStream
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon Cave
MWC
BeeNme
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by BeeNme »

I don't know why I'm just now discovering your artwork, but it's breathtakingly beautiful! I look forward to seeing more of your work!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Wishlist:
Spoiler
Tanzanite Gemstone Kirin, White Cukurba, Catalana Dismot, White or Piebald Cervinus Deer, Angora Jackalope, Ouranian Koi, Arkenian Sakeira, winged cats
Dream creatures: Silver Alicanto, Calico Tienko
zylle
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by zylle »

OMG - that is absolutely adorable!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

beautiful faience hippo by Munin, icon by me.
CatLove
CreaturesTrade

Post by CatLove »

oi
Image Image Image Image
Image]Image
Munin
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Munin »

Duck wrote:Your work is absolutely beautiful! That blue hippo is just gorgeous (looks Egyptian, not sure if that was the intent or if it's coincidental). I'd love to get on your waiting list. Do you have any idea of the timeline you're working on or should I just stalk your thread and ninja my way in there when there's a slot? Or are you going 'PEACE! I'm on vacation!' when you're done with everything?
Yes, the fact that it looks Egyptian is intentional, the request was for a hippo inspired by the faience hippos done in Egypt. :t-^_^:

I will not be taking new requests for quite some time. My list is quite long and I guess that it will take me until February at least to work through it. I will be on a university excursion for a whole month starting sometime around the 15th of April and I want my list to be empty before that. I will decide whether or not I take new requests when I return.
Please don´t look at me that angry. Just like every one elses´my days only have 24 hours and I can only spend so much time on spriting requests. I do not take any new requests at the moment because I want to keep the waiting time reasonable and do not want to promise something I might not be able to keep.
Rijolt wrote:
Not right now, obviously. Munin has a lot to work on right now anyway, let alone doing free stuff. =p
You could PAY to get one, however.

Lovely hippo by the way. They look lovely in blue.~
Thanks Rijolt! :t-^_^:
ShimoOkami wrote:[longpost]Your lovely pixels are making me want to get back into spriting~ Too bad I don't have enough time. What kind of teachers assign projects over winter break? @_@; Maybe we could do a sprite trade sometime. I only have a few, older sprites that I didn't put a lot of effort into (around 10-20 min for 50x50, 30-45 min for 100x100) on my dA. I should spend more time on my stuff. It's obvious that you put a lot of time and effort into your work, and with wonderful results! Still, everyone can improve. I'll always be happy to give crits, just ask. I love looking at tutorials, not because I actually follow them, but because I can pick up tips and methods that work for me. I took a look at yours. It really helped me see how to build up different shades, something that's hard to determine by looking just at the finished sprite. I always have trouble with that. Do you think you could do a similar tutorial using a furry animal like a wolf sometime? I want to see how you do thick fur. I have a hard time spriting fluffy fur. Don't worry about doing it if you don't have time. You don't have to do it at all if you don't want to.

Okay, I should probably shut up now. Before I stop getting off-topic. 8D *grins* (Why did I write all this anyways?) Aaand I should probably get back to those projects. *scuttles off*[/longpost]
Oh, long post...
A sprite exchange might be an interesting idea sometime...but I think I should fulfull somemore requests first XD
I don´t know when I will have the time to make a second tutorial but the fur example in the first one should be able to give you an idea at least.

SweetKitty, BeeNme and CatLove: Thanks for the nice comments :t-:)

Zylle: I am glad you like it. Is it ok if I accept the trade now? As I have taken over Fearyl´s freebie thread for the moment my trade window is quite chaotic at the moment and every trade that is out of it helps :t-sweat:

Return to “Hall Of The Arts”