Winter Solstice 2018!

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Graveworm
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: Winter Solstice 2018!

Post by Graveworm »

So it seems like so far the days are staggered cookies - token - cookies - token.... Interesting! I wonder what else might pop up in there. :orly:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
schtefy
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by schtefy »

OK, another token... I think I expected this. We are getting cookies the other day, hopefully. The feather is great, by the way. I am not a huge fan of tokens, but this one is beautiful. Just exactly the kind of useless thing I am happy to have.

Also, I think the actual Solstice it today? Happy holiday everyone!
Thanks for the gifts!

People who post and don't click, what's wrong with you?
Danafox
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Danafox »

At 175 drinks - I have spent 21k gold exactly so far to get cookies. I haven't really been drinking hard enough yet. Am glad I got the old cookies, since I missed them last year, but I already had bought some of the creatures a couple months ago from merchant district for my collection. Good news, I got two drinking achievements I didn't have yet lolol

Puvia - 7 (5 from quest)
Koi - 10 (5 from quest)
Carrot - 4 (two were used already so I only got two left right now)
Latifara Beast - 4
Nulorn - 5
Chupacabra - 3
Mammoth Snail - 1

I was trying to fish in the Koi Pond and wow had horrible luck....tried 50 or more times with various different amounts of gold and caught nothing. I was hoping to try to fish for the Aurean Globefish. Aren't they suppose to be a lot more common during this time of year right now?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dana's Sales Bin
LTT Donis for Below1Percent

Thank you to all my gifters! <3
Aronathea
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Aronathea »

Think I've kind given up on Remy. Only found 2 carrots out of 190 drinks. Hoping there will be other ways to get the carrots.
ShidoHogosha
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by ShidoHogosha »

Here's hoping we get some carrot cookies tomorrow. *Fingers crossed.* Is there any point of tokens other than to be pretty treasure in our inventory? I know some of them have a purpose like the Alicanto Heart which bumps the coins you get from clicks from 1 to 5, but what about the others? I don't really mind either way, but I would appreciate some more cookies nonetheless :sulk: .
Clicks Please~ (eggs to hatchling only if you don't mind)
Image Raiju guard my keep. Approach with caution.Image
What you care for, you'll fight for. Being a soldier's wife is no picnic...
"You can't water down medicine and then be surprised when it doesn't work."
DarkPanther
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by DarkPanther »

Danafox wrote:At 175 drinks - I have spent 21k gold exactly so far to get cookies. I haven't really been drinking hard enough yet. Am glad I got the old cookies, since I missed them last year, but I already had bought some of the creatures a couple months ago from merchant district for my collection. Good news, I got two drinking achievements I didn't have yet lolol

Puvia - 7 (5 from quest)
Koi - 10 (5 from quest)
Latifara Beast - 4
Nulorn - 5
Chupacabra - 3
Mammoth Snail - 1

I was trying to fish in the Koi Pond and wow had horrible luck....tried 50 or more times with various different amounts of gold and caught nothing. I was hoping to try to fish for the Aurean Globefish. Aren't they suppose to be a lot more common during this time of year right now?

Just tried the koi pond myself; 57 visits of mostly 15-40 gold and I finally got a Globefish -- I've never had such bad luck with the pond; maybe the likelihood of a drop has been decreased? Or maybe I just have bad luck
ImageImageImageImage

If you need a gender swap feel free to PM Me; I have an excess of gender potions at the moment. I don't mind swapping a critter for you and sending them back.
Graveworm
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Graveworm »

Aronathea wrote:Think I've kind given up on Remy. Only found 2 carrots out of 190 drinks. Hoping there will be other ways to get the carrots.
There has already been confirmation that cookies will be available in other ways (we just don't know *what* other ways yet...though I'm guessing the daily quest) and that Remy's is meant to be a 'bonus' way of getting additional transformation cookies, NOT the primary source of them.
VilaWolf
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Location: Library of Daninsky's Castle. 50% of my posts are sarcastic.

Post by VilaWolf »

Graveworm wrote:
Reima wrote: I think it's best we move on, leave whatever is going on at the moment and focus on what's to come. Speculate, explore, prepare irl do something else like draw, read, write, go for a walk etc. You're all gonna burn out like candles if you stay lit all the way until Christmas~~ Self-care <3
QFT <3
Go outside has been my entire point for years.

Would you like to know what I've been doing for the past two weeks? Running between hospitals and doctors offices because a relative had a medical emergency and it's serious enough that he's probably going to die in the next couple years.

I get home, log to an egg click game to take my mind off things have some stupid fun and I am immediately told that the holiday event was turned into a giant gold sink and it's my own fault I don't get to have fun for not gold-mining hard enough. Any criticism being met with the exact same line they mods have had since 2009 - "shut up and wait."

Go Out Side is fine. It's normally a good thing. Except when the game we are playing punishes us for going outside; school for the younger kids, work for the adults. Movies, living a life, or facing the end of a life. We're expected to fuck all that and click eggs and sing the sites praises while doing it. Don't ever question the mighty mods.

Dark Guild Will Trade For Water / Herb Guild Pets.
Egglocked? PM your codes, I'll Help. Free.
When Pigs Fly, Carry an Umbrella.
My Wish List
Last year all the Decessus were named after Haunted Chateaus. This year; Lost Media.
DarkPanther
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by DarkPanther »

VilaWolf wrote:
Graveworm wrote:
Reima wrote: I think it's best we move on, leave whatever is going on at the moment and focus on what's to come. Speculate, explore, prepare irl do something else like draw, read, write, go for a walk etc. You're all gonna burn out like candles if you stay lit all the way until Christmas~~ Self-care <3
QFT <3
Go outside has been my entire point for years.

Would you like to know what I've been doing for the past two weeks? Running between hospitals and doctors offices because a relative had a medical emergency and it's serious enough that he's probably going to die in the next couple years.

I get home, log to an egg click game to take my mind off things have some stupid fun and I am immediately told that the holiday event was turned into a giant gold sink and it's my own fault I don't get to have fun for not gold-mining hard enough. Any criticism being met with the exact same line they mods have had since 2009 - "shut up and wait."

Go Out Side is fine. It's normally a good thing. Except when the game we are playing punishes us for going outside; school for the younger kids, work for the adults. Movies, living a life, or facing the end of a life. We're expected to fuck all that and click eggs and sing the sites praises while doing it. Don't ever question the mighty mods.
I understand the frustration; I think it can be frustrating when people that complain or have harsh criticism get treated like the bad guys. Or the kind that just need to cool off and come back. It's okay to not like an event; or not like how staff handle an event. I feel like a lot of the time that sort of criticism is taken as some sort of personal attack when really it is just frustration -- and critique on how an event is making a person feel. Every system does have flaws; and everybody is human. But it should also be okay to discuss displeasure without being made to feel like you should just walk it off and get over it because of unknown events to come.

That being said I wouldn't take too much of what is said around here personally. And sometimes taking time away from something that is frustrating or unsavory for a person is healthy. But it's also okay to just say you're unhappy with it without being bashed.

That's sort of one of the things I have disliked in general; not a critique to any one person but overall. I feel like a lot of the time when people have a problem it's seen as xxxx has a problem, they should get over it. When sometimes it is okay to just say 'I'm sorry you feel that way' or 'I could see how that could make you hate whatever thing'. People get too concerned with protecting their brand, or their decisions to stop and realize how other people may feel.

It's understandable a lot of work, and discussion went into making things happen -- be it this event, or others. I don't think anyone doesn't appreciate that work; or notice that it gets done. Rather, just some people are unhappy with what's happened. And that should be okay. And hopefully in the future things are done in a different manner. It shouldn't be seen as a certain user vs staff problem, but rather just a problem in general that may or may not have a solution that makes everyone happy in the long run. It is usually hard to make everyone happy; this I am aware of -- but I think it is beneficial to reflect on stuff like this when making new decisions.

I think everyone can agree that events on the site are a good distraction around the holidays; and for the most part they go well. I think everyone appreciates the events themselves; just the details may need some ironing out in the future.
ImageImageImageImage

If you need a gender swap feel free to PM Me; I have an excess of gender potions at the moment. I don't mind swapping a critter for you and sending them back.
Sanax
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Sanax »

DarkPanther wrote:
Danafox wrote:At 175 drinks - I have spent 21k gold exactly so far to get cookies. I haven't really been drinking hard enough yet. Am glad I got the old cookies, since I missed them last year, but I already had bought some of the creatures a couple months ago from merchant district for my collection. Good news, I got two drinking achievements I didn't have yet lolol

Puvia - 7 (5 from quest)
Koi - 10 (5 from quest)
Latifara Beast - 4
Nulorn - 5
Chupacabra - 3
Mammoth Snail - 1

Just tried the koi pond myself; 57 visits of mostly 15-40 gold and I finally got a Globefish -- I've never had such bad luck with the pond; maybe the likelihood of a drop has been decreased? Or maybe I just have bad luck
I have always said that whenever I throw 1k gold into the pond, I'm always way more likely to get an egg. If I throw in any less amount of gold, it seems to take many more throws of gold until I finally get something. I'm going to go right now and try to get six pond eggs and see how much gold/how many throws it takes, if I throw 1k at a time. :D

1st Throw - Ruby Koi
2nd-5th Throws - Nothing
6th Throw - Fabari
7th Throw - Aurean Globefish
8th Throw - Dragon Koi

9th-12th Throws - Nothing
13th Throw - Fabari
14th Throw - Amethyst Koi

So I spent 14k at the pond just now and got 6 eggs. 14k total spent, 1k per throw, 14 throws total. So... I just don't have the patience to throw less than 1k. XD I find that throwing 1k at a time, more often than not, ends up in you getting the rarer eggs, faster. ^.^
To hatchling only, please.
ImageImageImageImageImage

To adult, thank you. c:
None at the moment.

Return to “Community Discussion”