How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
crazyflight
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by crazyflight »

Danafox wrote: February 14th, 2024, 10:59:23 pm
crazyflight wrote: February 14th, 2024, 8:55:01 pm [shize=85]firrsht time in a while dat i've had a valentine... and it'sh been reeally lovely! we jusht got back from a bar wid a photo bood dat wash verry cute. i dink we're bod shtill a biit heshitant too reallyyyy dig deep andd be commplletely vullnerable wiid each I LOVE YOU MAN! oderr, shince it I LOVE YOU MAN! hhashn't been I LOVE YOU MAN! dat much ttime. but iit'sh shttill really nice.[/shize]
the drink made you say I love you in multiple spots that are too perfect, really had me reeling. :yey: :P

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone! :t-swoon:
hahahahaha wow this was a little too real. well, i had a fun valentine's day with the boyf, so. :roll:
ImageImageImageImageImage
always looking to buy streamborn opal and diamond gemstone kirin!
<3 <3 <3
happy pride!
Airasyraye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

Revan wrote: February 14th, 2024, 12:16:11 am Been kind of in a funk after being diagnosed with a secondary autoimmune disease the other week. On the bright side, I'm keeping busy with little art commissions and my AO3 stories. Finally got another chapter done. Yay! Just in time for Valentine's day.
Well, super sorry to hear about that first one. I can't imagine how that is, so I sure don't blame you for the funk and hope whatever can get better does get better soon.

As for the second part, and something that I can understand firsthand, I've been so terrible with updating my own AO3. I still haven't posted my Vday ficlet yet. As for my longer stories, those are so sporadic that pretty much every update ends with an author's note of: sorry it took so long. :t-corner:
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmies, alt colors :t-swoon: Image
Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

Does anyone remember when the bestiary got implemented on MagiStream?

Edit: Christmas 2015, apparently.
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon
Revan
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Revan »

Airasyraye wrote: February 16th, 2024, 9:38:19 pm
Revan wrote: February 14th, 2024, 12:16:11 am Been kind of in a funk after being diagnosed with a secondary autoimmune disease the other week. On the bright side, I'm keeping busy with little art commissions and my AO3 stories. Finally got another chapter done. Yay! Just in time for Valentine's day.
Well, super sorry to hear about that first one. I can't imagine how that is, so I sure don't blame you for the funk and hope whatever can get better does get better soon.

As for the second part, and something that I can understand firsthand, I've been so terrible with updating my own AO3. I still haven't posted my Vday ficlet yet. As for my longer stories, those are so sporadic that pretty much every update ends with an author's note of: sorry it took so long. :t-corner:
Thanks. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it, but I am fortunate to have a good support system in my life to help me. Keeping busy helps.

I admit it's not been easy keeping my stuff updated either, but I am trying. Thankfully only one chapter left on my current project (though I do have another I've kind of abandoned on AO3). I feel like any future stories I write I should actually complete before I start uploading. Less pressure that way, but there is also the issue of not being able to consider reader suggestions for the story either. :| Ah, the life of a writer! :t-sweat:
Need hatchlings?
Come visit The Hatchery!

Free Lineages!

If you visit my Keep, beware. I hoard owls. I am not responsible for any pecked out eyeballs or loss of fingers that may occur.
Wishlist :orly:
Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

Does anyone have any thoughts on what in-universe explanations there might be for the Stream to have had a 2-week long flood of butterfly fish back when we had that breeding competition? I'm maybe taking the research paper competition a little too seriously and I need some theories for a throwaway line in the paper.
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon
Katnilb
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by Katnilb »

Kestrad wrote: February 17th, 2024, 3:31:51 am Does anyone have any thoughts on what in-universe explanations there might be for the Stream to have had a 2-week long flood of butterfly fish back when we had that breeding competition? I'm maybe taking the research paper competition a little too seriously and I need some theories for a throwaway line in the paper.
It could be that they have some sort of seasonal breeding cycle and some sort of magical or natural disaster occurred where the eggs were laid causing the magic powering the stream to sort of teleport them to the safety of the stream. A bit like what happened with the stream before the Boreus expedition If I remember correctly.

Or perhaps the eggs were located in a tributary stream that only connected to the main stream for the first time in those 2 weeks and there was a flood of those eggs as the backlog sort of cleared?
Airasyraye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

Revan wrote: February 17th, 2024, 1:13:28 am

Thanks. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it, but I am fortunate to have a good support system in my life to help me. Keeping busy helps.
That's great to hear, at least. It's always nice when someone has the support system they need. <3
Revan wrote: February 17th, 2024, 1:13:28 am I admit it's not been easy keeping my stuff updated either, but I am trying. Thankfully only one chapter left on my current project (though I do have another I've kind of abandoned on AO3). I feel like any future stories I write I should actually complete before I start uploading. Less pressure that way, but there is also the issue of not being able to consider reader suggestions for the story either. :| Ah, the life of a writer! :t-sweat:
Good luck with that. I tried that and ended up not uploading for 10 years. Yep. 10 years. The fact I have any readers left who remember me is a miracle. Also, yeah, I really wish I got more actual feedback. "Likes" and view hits are nice, but I want actual comments. I'm not looking for just, "so awsum ur so talented" those are nice, but I want critique and feedback and pointers. I'm a better writer than I was when I started (I would hope) and a bit of that stems from interactions. Sad that FF and even AO3 seems to have started to drop off in actual interaction anymore. The way so many sites have. I don't even upload on FF anymore. It's far worse coding and interface stopped being worth the hassle when it doesn't seem like hardly anyone reads or updates there anymore. Not in my fandoms, anyway.
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmies, alt colors :t-swoon: Image
kunigund
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by kunigund »

Double crap. I am ill and in addition having a migraine. :t-sleep:
Rainwater
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rainwater »

I know it is cold and it snowed yesterday, but I really want my mail to get here. I wouldn't have thought 2 inches of snow wouldn't have been enough for them to cancel delivery yesterday, but it was. I am just really looking forward to my packages, so the wait goes on.
Image <3 Image <3 Image <3 Image Eggs for clicking! :look:ImageImageImageImageImage
crazyflight
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by crazyflight »

Kestrad wrote: February 17th, 2024, 3:31:51 am Does anyone have any thoughts on what in-universe explanations there might be for the Stream to have had a 2-week long flood of butterfly fish back when we had that breeding competition? I'm maybe taking the research paper competition a little too seriously and I need some theories for a throwaway line in the paper.
i like to think of the geographical distribution of different species, and perhaps migration patterns but also patterns of human breeding/coexistence. like, maybe in a more remote region far away from the stream, there have always been magi who domesticated and bred butterfly fish, and some magical mutualistic relationship had mostly kept the fish nearby. if the equilibrium of magic in that community were disrupted, or perhaps an external stimulus drew the butterfly fish closer to the stream for the annual breeding frenzy that usually took place farther away from the keep, they were suddenly introduced to a new environment. but hey, magic works in mysterious ways.
ImageImageImageImageImage
always looking to buy streamborn opal and diamond gemstone kirin!
<3 <3 <3
happy pride!

Return to “Community Discussion”