How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
JustaBunny
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by JustaBunny »

sammythethief wrote: December 31st, 2023, 6:37:57 pm I'm so excited for the new year event critter! I mean, we all know what they say about assuming things, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I remember the first Arkai release, it was such an incredible thing for me. I can't put my finger on why, but I just remember loving it so much and enjoying all the Arkai in the stream so much. This will be my first New Year event in a very long time here and I'm looking forward to it more than I ever have to going out.

I feel the same way! I think it's been 6 years since I've been regularly playing with maybe a few on and off log ins inbetween. I got bit by the Arkai bug when participating in this year's CTC (Thanks again NyxNoire and Enchanteddil <3) , and I'm so excited for the new one (?) or whatever surprise they have in stock for us.

Also good luck with your PC build, those always seem very daunting to me.. :aah:
hatchling only please!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

LTB: Frozen Original Arkai Egg :D
Hellcat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Hellcat »

Oohhhh you guys have me super excited for the new years Arkai now! I just joined a few days ago but I love the art and lore and am enjoying trying to get things to hatch so I can get more creatures :hooray:

Happy new year to everyone, I hope we all are able to go into 2024 feeling confident and comfortable and ready to take on another trip around the sun <3 :t-pirate:
<3 Current mission [hyperfixation :cool: ] is collecting pairs of parentless canine creatures! <3

Hellcat | Non-Binary | They/Them |
ImageArt shop maybe soon? Just need life to settle more and finish backlog ♥Image

Please Help My Dragons and Creatures If You Can!
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

JustaBunny wrote: December 31st, 2023, 9:56:13 pmI feel the same way! I think it's been 6 years since I've been regularly playing with maybe a few on and off log ins inbetween. I got bit by the Arkai bug when participating in this year's CTC (Thanks again NyxNoire and Enchanteddil <3) , and I'm so excited for the new one (?) or whatever surprise they have in stock for us.

Also good luck with your PC build, those always seem very daunting to me.. :aah:
Yes! It's been so long since I've been active and it feels so good to be back, and I'm pumped for New Years! I love these events and look forward to them so much.
Hellcat wrote: December 31st, 2023, 10:31:48 pm Oohhhh you guys have me super excited for the new years Arkai now! I just joined a few days ago but I love the art and lore and am enjoying trying to get things to hatch so I can get more creatures :hooray:
Yesssss get hype! :woo: The New Year event always makes me feel that newbie rush again, because that's about when I started really getting into it back in 2009. I remember catching my Arkai out of the stream and just being so in awe of them. I'm glad you're enjoying it here so far - I hope you stick around!
Be kind.
Please do not click any hatchlings in my Main tab. Thank you.
Hellcat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Hellcat »

sammythethief wrote: December 31st, 2023, 11:48:57 pm
Hellcat wrote: December 31st, 2023, 10:31:48 pm Oohhhh you guys have me super excited for the new years Arkai now! I just joined a few days ago but I love the art and lore and am enjoying trying to get things to hatch so I can get more creatures :hooray:
Yesssss get hype! :woo: The New Year event always makes me feel that newbie rush again, because that's about when I started really getting into it back in 2009. I remember catching my Arkai out of the stream and just being so in awe of them. I'm glad you're enjoying it here so far - I hope you stick around!
I definitely plan to! All the lore and pretty art has made me feel a bit more motivated to get back into the swing of working on my paintings and projects and I'm really excited about that <3 One of my overall 2024 goals is to have certain bits and pieces of my worldbuilding and story outlining done so I can work towards restarting my comic again :D
<3 Current mission [hyperfixation :cool: ] is collecting pairs of parentless canine creatures! <3

Hellcat | Non-Binary | They/Them |
ImageArt shop maybe soon? Just need life to settle more and finish backlog ♥Image

Please Help My Dragons and Creatures If You Can!
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

Hellcat wrote: January 1st, 2024, 12:19:07 amI definitely plan to! All the lore and pretty art has made me feel a bit more motivated to get back into the swing of working on my paintings and projects and I'm really excited about that <3 One of my overall 2024 goals is to have certain bits and pieces of my worldbuilding and story outlining done so I can work towards restarting my comic again :D
Ooh, I love that for you! What is your comic about?

Aaand I'm coming to you live from my new PC! :D
Spoiler

I built her solo! I'm super proud of myself. Her name is Iris and I love her :italian: Don't mind the film still on the glass, I'm not taking it off yet just in case something goes sideways and I have to remove the panel to alter something.
Be kind.
audrei9
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by audrei9 »

You're making a worldbuilding project with a comic? That's awesome! I hope it goes well for you. I'm doing a worldbuilding project too, but it's going to take a while, and it won't be a comic because I haven't worked myself up to that level of dedication or skill yet.

Before I get to that though, I'm going to experiment with roleplay as a precursor to novel writing. Writing with multiple people who all rely on me for the plot to progress is one way for me to force past my writer's block, and also write something that isn't pure worldbuilding or backstory.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

LTB any and all holyhounds and deadwood deer! No inbreds please!
THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who sent me gifts!
Enchanteddil
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Enchanteddil »

So much to do ... so little energy to actually do anything D: D:
audrei9
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by audrei9 »

Oh that is a MOOD

I finally worked up the courage to send not one, but two roleplay replies today! I'm hoping that by tonight I can make it three.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

LTB any and all holyhounds and deadwood deer! No inbreds please!
THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who sent me gifts!
SirChicken
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by SirChicken »

I took a mini break. The holidays had me exhausted lol.

In other news, I need to get new microsoft office on my computer. The bundle we lying around the house have is from 2003 lmao! :lol:
Please help my babies grow C:

sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

Managers and assistant managers have training today on the new software we're getting later this year. It's a desperately needed upgrade, though with the history this place has with efficiency and execution, it's going to go over like oil and water.

I'm one of the fortunate few with banking experience outside of this institution, so I was trained (actually, properly trained) on much more modern systems than the one we're currently using and I'm hoping that experience will prove useful to me once again. When I started working there, they realized in about two days that they didn't have to babysit me, and it was because of that training.

I'm really looking forward to the new core, but I know none of upper management is going to be able to execute it properly. We'll see how it goes, I suppose. I'm going to talk with someone about getting access to a test system so I have some ability to play around with it, explore, etc. Maybe I can create some useful guides for it for my team to use.

Sometimes I regret turning into a workaholic.
Be kind.

Return to “Community Discussion”