How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by sammythethief »

Pugnacious wrote: December 26th, 2023, 4:08:04 am My dad didn't give me any kind of gifts this holiday seasons and it's just... kind of tweaking me.
Earlier this year we got in a fight that my holidays gift was going to be him "forgiving my debts" from when I was a teenager. As in, money he had to spend for medical care, food, and a monthly allowance. And he has money.
I thought after a really great Christmas together, and because that was months ago and I've been helping him so much lately, including when I was visiting for Christmas, that he would've forgotten that BS, and because I spent hours and hours making him some nice handmade gifts he'd at least consider something...
But no. Even though I could really use coats, waterproof shoes, and most preferably just some money, he's not giving me anything. He's punishing me for money that isn't even a drop in the bucket to him from when I was a teenager. That's my holiday present.
Feels really bad after I went so out of my way to give him a good Christmas when he was really struggling emotionally... :t-corner:
That's horrible. He had to pay for things for you when you were a teenager because you're his child and that's his responsibility as a parent. That's not debt accrual, that's being a fucking parent and taking responsibility for the child you created or adopted or otherwise assumed care for. If you're going to expect repayment for doing your damn job, then just don't have kids. I'm so sorry you're dealing with that :t-hugs: Just please never lose sight of the fact that this behaviour is wrong, he's wrong, and you simply existing as a teenager should never have accrued debt with your parent.

___

I'm so touched by the generosity I've experienced this solstice event here on MS :t-swoon: You are all fantastic people who warm my black little heart.
Be kind.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Please do not click any hatchlings in my Main tab. Thank you.
Pugnacious
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by Pugnacious »

MadameRed wrote: December 26th, 2023, 12:41:59 pm
Pugnacious wrote: December 26th, 2023, 4:08:04 am My dad didn't give me any kind of gifts this holiday seasons and it's just... kind of tweaking me.
Earlier this year we got in a fight that my holidays gift was going to be him "forgiving my debts" from when I was a teenager. As in, money he had to spend for medical care, food, and a monthly allowance. And he has money.
I thought after a really great Christmas together, and because that was months ago and I've been helping him so much lately, including when I was visiting for Christmas, that he would've forgotten that BS, and because I spent hours and hours making him some nice handmade gifts he'd at least consider something...
But no. Even though I could really use coats, waterproof shoes, and most preferably just some money, he's not giving me anything. He's punishing me for money that isn't even a drop in the bucket to him from when I was a teenager. That's my holiday present.
Feels really bad after I went so out of my way to give him a good Christmas when he was really struggling emotionally... :t-corner:
That's horrible. He had to pay for things for you when you were a teenager because you're his child and that's his responsibility as a parent. That's not debt accrual, that's being a fucking parent and taking responsibility for the child you created or adopted or otherwise assumed care for. If you're going to expect repayment for doing your damn job, then just don't have kids. I'm so sorry you're dealing with that :t-hugs: Just please never lose sight of the fact that this behaviour is wrong, he's wrong, and you simply existing as a teenager should never have accrued debt with your parent.
:t-hugs: Thank you.
Though, actually, my mom just wanted a child as a sort of pet that'd grow up and then take care of her, and my dad agreed because for both of them it'd win points with their family. Then it turned out a child is a person, not a pet, with serious stakes, and I guess it wasn't fun anymore.
I know it's wrong, it just really adds a hurt when I get to spend a day with that good side of the coin, just to go home and be reminded of the bad side, yknow?

On happier note, my possible future dating person is gonna call me for the first time today since he's finally back in Seattle!!! I'm really excited!!! But oof, I spent so long having to talk to someone else about a thing, I gotta get my stuff together and ready for my therapy appointment in like 10 minutes, I'm really hope I'm not gonna be late! D:
~*Multum in Parvo*~
Pug - Agender (They/Them, please!) - Bisexual - Gemini
Here's my wishlist!
Check out my tabs! I'll trade anything in my trade & frozen tabs, and will breed anything for you in my normal tabs!
Please PM me!
bandbullets
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by bandbullets »

dish chrisshtmash wash well shpent ...hic... yayya!! one of myy extwovert frienddsh wantted to accompany me whenn i wassh invited too a pparty oon xmash eve wid inttwwovertsh ash dde majjority buutt iit sheeemsh everyyding turned out greatt! i coonked out foor de folloowing day *gigglesnort*
Enchanteddil
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Enchanteddil »

It's kind of sad when the CTC gifting frenzy is over for the year, but I'm glad we decided not to skip this year. I think everything went well, and it was fun reading the comments in the thread and the trade notes. It was well worth the effort, as always <3 I can't believe how much I love this community <3
HiddenMystic
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by HiddenMystic »

Spoiler
:lol: :t-xD: :lol:
Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
midnightem
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by midnightem »

Apparently in the ER either covid... so definitely hope I can pick up my little snowball next week!

"Wishing you success on your new adventure!"

Enchanteddil
CreaturesTrade

Post by Enchanteddil »

midnightem wrote: December 28th, 2023, 8:14:11 am Apparently in the ER either covid... so definitely hope I can pick up my little snowball next week!
Hope it's not covid :t-hugs: Also, thank you so much, I got your card today :woo:

Merk, I got your card also, thank you so much for sending me one every year <3
Cindertail
An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Cindertail »

My day has been alright :)
Just vibing right now.
I wonder, sometimes.
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

The last piece of my new PC build should be here on Sunday, just in time for me to not be able to use it on the last day of my vacation :sulk: Even if it arrives early on Sunday, I still have to build the whole thing and then make a very sad attempt at setting up the bios on the motherboard, and I have no clue where the starting point for that is or how to go about setting it up for overclocking or anything like that. I try to keep reminding myself that next year will be better, because it really can't get much worse.

I only get two weeks of vacation a year, because my job has the world's worst benefits. On top of living through the worst year of my life, both of my vacations have been significantly unpleasant. I shouldn't be looking this forward to going back to work, but here I am.

___

On to less sour business! Going forward, I've decided that any time I donate to MS, I'm going to put that same amount into my savings account. We'll see how well this works :lol:

I'm also really happy to see more people asking lower prices for shards. This is a step in the right direction! :hooray:
Be kind.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Please do not click any hatchlings in my Main tab. Thank you.
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

The lower shard prices make me happy too. My problem is, every time I sell something, I turn around and spend it on something, lol. Sold 3 donis.. bought 31 forgotten unicorns. *blush*
05/24/2024 Moving Day - not sure how long I will be offline

Return to “Community Discussion”