How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by sammythethief »

Really not looking forward to today. Not only do I have to be around my cousin's children, whom I don't particularly like, but I have to see my grandparents. They've been absolutely horrendous in the past two years and have treated my mom, their daughter, like a servant. She's had multiple breakdowns because of their behaviour and considered, on more than one occasion, checking herself into a psychiatric hospital for help because they were causing her so much emotional turmoil and trauma. Because of how they've treated her, among a plethora of other reasons directly related to their behaviour, their choices, and the way they've treated everyone else around them, I've decided that I'm no longer speaking to them. I'm setting a boundary between them and myself and choosing not to interact with people who are selfish, manipulative, and have caused my mother so much pain.

I'm fully expecting my grandmother to say something to me about it today; despite treating everyone around her like crap, she also hates it when people are mad at her. She'll never properly apologize for anything or change her behaviour, but she doesn't want people to stay mad at her. I doubt she'll be able to resist asking me why I no longer speak to them or visit them. I'll give her one chance to not have this conversation on Thanksgiving, and if she presses, I'm sure I'll end up "ruining the day" by telling her that good people don't have to wonder why their family members don't want to speak with them anymore.

Well, my mom is going to arrive down at my aunt's house before I even leave mine. With any luck, she'll corner my grandmother and tell her not to say anything.

If we time it right, my sister and I will arrive with just enough time to eat and them skedaddle back home. My entire family gets to stay home tomorrow and not work, and I don't have that luxury; banks don't get to stay closed for more than one business day. :sleep: I'll be grateful when Christmas is over and done with. I have off between Christmas and New Year's Eve, and I fully intend on keeping my phone on silent and doing a hell of a lot of nothing.
Be kind.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Please do not click any hatchlings in my Main tab. Thank you.
Rainwater
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rainwater »

Had some food, put together my new computer, and now watching a movie. Just need to make some space for dessert in my stomach.

Though, it is still hard being without my parents today. I really miss them, and holidays just intensify the feeling.
Image <3 Image <3 Image <3 Image Eggs for clicking! :look:ImageImageImageImageImage
trystan830
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by trystan830 »

i finished with NaNo! 50,930 words for this year.
Free Critters! message me with which ones you want
~*~*~
She changes everything She touches, and everything She touches, changes ~ Starhawk
Image Image
reading: A Witch to Remember by Heather Blake (#31) | watching: Severance
she/her | discord: trystan830
IFN | dragoncave | trisphee | ravelry | goodreads
EstherGamer
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by EstherGamer »

trystan830 wrote: November 23rd, 2023, 5:12:18 pm i finishe with NaNo! 50,930 words for this year.
Nice! My mom actually does that too, every year in fact. I don't plan to personally though considering I can't focus on one project for long usually
TCF Profile: Here
If I'm in a RP here and stop replying without warning, message me on TCF because it's the fastest way to contact me
PFP is an edited version of Shaymin Sky's portrait from PMD:Explorers of Sky, I edited it myself
Life's a mess right now, go easy on me
trystan830
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by trystan830 »

EstherGamer wrote: November 23rd, 2023, 5:14:10 pmNice! My mom actually does that too, every year in fact. I don't plan to personally though considering I can't focus on one project for long usually
thanks! I've done it since 2011 (minus 15, 21, and 22). my two daughters did it in 2012, and i think the older one may have also done it in 2013 or 14. :D
~*~*~
She changes everything She touches, and everything She touches, changes ~ Starhawk
Image Image
Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

trystan830 wrote: November 23rd, 2023, 5:12:18 pm i finished with NaNo! 50,930 words for this year.
Wow, congrats!

I'm currently at.....5700 words. It's not going great for me this year, though on the bright side, the streak thing has been making me actually write at all every day, so I'll take that as a small victory.

Unrelatedly, holy shit spouse and I successfully cooked a turkey and a bunch of sides to feed 12 people today. Started prepping things last Saturday and managed to get everything on the table and reasonably warm just as the last guests arrived :t-woo:
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon
trystan830
CreaturesTrade

Post by trystan830 »

Kestrad wrote: November 24th, 2023, 12:15:13 amWow, congrats!

I'm currently at.....5700 words. It's not going great for me this year, though on the bright side, the streak thing has been making me actually write at all every day, so I'll take that as a small victory.
thanks! part of NaNo's evil plan is to get writers in the habit of writing something every day. i start the story on November 1 and stop when I'm done the story, and then don't write again until next November 1 XD i mean, technically i write every day, if forum posts and emails count XD

and congrats with turkey day dinner! it was just me and my hubby, and i kinda cheated, so there's that XD
~*~*~
Image Image
Airasyraye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

A friend invited me over to hers for Thanksgiving, since my family lives in another state. I made brownies and put together a charcuterie board. Not a single person ate any of either. :( Oh, well, I'm not that great of a cook/baker/whatever, so I'm not really surprised.

And really, they had ****way**** too much food. Only 8 of us, right? Mariah and Zack put together a full size turkey, a full size ham, four cans each of corn and of green beans, an entire crockpot of yams, a 9"x11" pan each of mashed potatoes and of macaroni & cheese, and two things of rolls. On top of all of that, his mother brought four pies, a tray of cookies, and a banana pudding.

They ended up making up styrofoam to-go boxes and giving them away to homeless downtown, which is the best outcome.
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmies, alt colors :t-swoon: Image
Solbrekt
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by Solbrekt »

friend and i decided to celebrate tg on friday instead. neither of us like black friday anyway. i had today off unexpectedly so spent it cooking so tomorrow i can just show up. i have made a pie. it doesn't look right but it's not soup or on fire so i'll call it a win. i made it from an 11lbs pumpkin that i got impulsively because it was 50c a pound and i didn't consider ahead of time wtf i was going to do with 11lbs of pumpkin.
i have decided chicken pumpkin soup. this is a thing that exists apparently(although it seems more like a chunky bisque?) and i have chicken and pumpkin and my search for how to make pumpkin pie has shown me how to make it squishy. the pie only took like a third of the thing, i'm not wasting that much pumpkin.
Spoiler
so i'm pulling an allnighter trying to cook the leftover pumpkin into various things. i'll have to spend some of the night doing dishes and clearing fridge space for end products. i'm also taking the opportunity to make sure the alcohol i impulsively got last night is all gone atleast 12 hours before it's time for work because i uhhh have very bad impulse control and my work has a zero tolerance policy. in any case i don't want to sleep, i've got stuff to cook and habits to thwart, although admittedly thwarting it by drinking it sooner to not interfere with my day later isn't the best way of dealing with it. making it not exist though is a lot more reliable than allowing it to exist in easy reach at an inopportune time.
so perhaps it's lucky that my friend is already asleep because she tries to help, and often is helpful, but it is frustrating to hear things like go to sleep and just don't drink it before work. like... i am not at that level of self discipline. i'm getting better about it, but mainly because i'm getting cheaper and less of a wreck, not because i'm getting better at restraint. turning down a price tag at the store is a bit different from ignoring an object that's already at home. and disappointing others or feeling ashamed doesn't make it any easier. it actually makes it worse considering part of the reason my drinking and smoking got out of control in the first place was an obsession with punishing myself. if i had an income when i was at my lowest, i probably would have gotten into worse things and ended up dead years ago.
i don't really obsess so much over hurting myself though since i started hrt. the panic attacks, nightmares, ideation, endless need clawing at the back of my head to do things against my best interest have all shut up and it's like there was some sort of mask over alchohol i didn't see past before. it's not some big grand thing that'll make it stop for a little while while promising the glorious end, now it's just lame soda with a gross aftertaste that gives me a headache and makes me pee too much. i can see the addictive quality as just plain addiction and not a brief escape. it's so underwhelming now.
i was thinking of making glogg for xmas because grandpa would every year and it feels like.. not quite paying respect to him, since i wasn't old enough to drink the last xmas i spent with him, but morelike obligation since other relatives have started making glogg on xmas since he died? but he loved his family and i don't think he would approve of any of them feeding addictions in his memory. there are a lot of different things he liked that weren't related to that sort of thing. maybe instead of lowering what little restraint i've built up on holidays and other unexpectedly good days i'll pick something else and go strictly dry year round. i haven't had a cigarette in over a year and it's much easier to tune that urge out than alchohol, which i've cut down to only occasionally but still end up having to wrestle with. it's like if it's on the table at all it's a problem, so maybe it needs to just never be on the table
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

Well, one tributary checked off my list - I've got a pair of every creature found in the Everlight Crevasse :wee:

Onto the next!
Be kind.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Please do not click any hatchlings in my Main tab. Thank you.

Return to “Community Discussion”